PDA

View Full Version : are there any bugs in anthology?

darksnow
01-09-2005, 01:08 PM
I have looked up many different walkthroughs for final fantasy six and all have said the same thing. I am stuck on the returner’s hideout. Locke has split to scope out South Figaro where the Empire is invading. Banon joins the group and you are head for a raft on the Lete River. I see the raft, but my characters are above the raft on a cliff. Do the characters say anything? Do you have to hit X or some button to go down? Since everyone else in the walkthroughs have no problem I thought just finding the cliff and the captions "Lete River" on the screen would be automatic and my characters would somehow get on the raft I see down there. However all I get is my party on the cliff and raft down there and nothing else. I hit X on every spot, characters do not split and say anything, and all I get is a view. I am beginning to think my game has a bug. Please help or where can I get help about this problem. How could I contact square soft in case getting on the raft is automatic and my game is bugged?

After re-loading more than five times and much walking around and even waiting the game went through and loaded up. This time I am at Baren falls where shadow has just left your party and the next character introduction should be Gau. All the walkthroughs say that right after shadow leaves your party will jump into the falls. The party said they would go to jump but again after waiting and reloading nothing is happening. I brought the game about four months again at Fred Meyer’s and lost the receipt. Seeing that this is website had a huge and well knew forum. Are there any known cases of games freezing at one point or more?

TheSpoonyBard
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I believe Final Fantasy: Anthology is FFIV and FFV. FFVI is an indivudual game. I have had the game for the best part of 5 months and have never experienced any bugs or game freezes. All I can suggest is you make sure the disc is clean and free of any scratches, and the console you are playing it on (PSX, PSone, PS2) hasn't overheated.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Can't say I've ever heard of such a thing before.
I believe Final Fantasy: Anthology is FFIV and FFV. FFVI is an indivudual game.That's in Europe. In America, Final Fantasy Anthology is FFV and FFVI.

Doomgaze
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
You have to approach the edge of the cliff (top endo f the screen) I believe.

DJZen
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Are you sure Bannon's in your group? Go to the menu and check that. I know that sounds OCD but little things like that can seriously get you stuck for hours and I'm just trying to be thorough. Basically, you talk to Bannon at the hideout's entrance and after saying you'll join the returners, there's a cutscene where Bannon lays out the plan, then everyone splits up. After that I believe you actually have to talk to everyone again before you can continue, but it's been a while...