PDA

View Full Version : International version???

silent_ultima
01-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm confuse. There's Final Fantasy X and there's Final Fantasy X:International. So my q is, what's the big difference (besides there's a 'Dark Aeons' in the latter). And if there's such a big difference, can I load my FFX save file on the FFX:International??. Thanx guys! hehehe

rubah
01-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd rather be asking 'can I load my ffx international on my ps2' before I started worrying about save states.

Lain
01-10-2005, 03:23 PM
can I load my FFX save file on the FFX:International??.
exactly, I have the same qestion. I had NTSC version of this game, but thief stole it. Now I can't buy NTSC version anymore.... only PAL in shops

Appless
01-11-2005, 12:19 AM
PAL has the dark Aeons and the extra sphere grid like International. It just doesn't have the Japanese stuff.

silent_ultima
01-11-2005, 03:52 AM
huh?? What's the diff between NTSC and PAL? damn i'm sooo confuse rite now.. i wanna play and beat Penance...

DJZen
01-11-2005, 05:17 AM
NTSC is the video format that North America and Japan use, PAL is the video format that Europe uses.

silent_ultima
01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
so how do i check if my ps2 is NTSC or PAL? and does that means that i can't play FFX:INternational? Damn i thought i could go around and beat the crap out of Penance.. and I wanna look at how cool those dark aeons are...

Appless
01-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Tell us what country you live in and we could tell you which one you have.

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Look on your box. Usually it's written out somewhere. Mine says 'ntsc u/c' in the top right corner.

silent_ultima
01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
uhhh... I'm living in Malaysia, it's near Singapore... so which is it? NTSC or PAL? Uhh.. this is getting more and more confusing...

alexholker
01-12-2005, 12:30 PM
In Australia we have PAL, and I'd expect that SE Asia would too.

Appless
01-12-2005, 12:41 PM
You're PAL.

Video formats of the world (http://www.mindfully.org/Resource/Video-Formats-World.htm)

silent_ultima
01-13-2005, 12:18 PM
so now my machina (er.. machine...) can play the FFX:INternational rite? I've played the FFX on the 1st version of the game (not and international version), so can i load the save file on the international version?? :confused:

Appless
01-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Well you're PAL and Japan are NTSC so you can't play it on your machina. But theres not much point since your original version would have all the extra stuff that's in International except for all the japanese writing. Just stick with the original is my advice to you.

abrojtm
01-14-2005, 04:58 AM
If you're playing the PAL version, then you should have Dark Aeons/Penance/Ribbon/etc. available...

Udon
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
BTW What's the diff between international sphere grid and original spere grid? which is better?

Shalashaska
06-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Gameplay wise the PAL/Int. versions are the same. They both have the Dark Aeons, Penance, and the expert sphere grid (along with a few new abilities and some differences in attacks).

The only thing you'd be missing is that the Japanese version of International lets you choose between English or Japanese text and it comes with a 'bonus' DVD that has the FFX epilogue and some trailers.

And if there's such a big difference, can I load my FFX save file on the FFX:International??.
No, you'd have to start over.

BTW What's the diff between international sphere grid and original spere grid? which is better?
The 'beginners grid' is the same as the sphere grid in the North American release.

In the expert sphere grid all the characters start fairly close to each other, there are less locks, and less empty nodes. It's much more open from the start but unless you know what you want your characters to do and where to go, there is a very good chance they will end up being underleveled.

Udon
06-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Okay. I haven't played FFX so which grid I'm better of with?

Shalashaska
06-07-2005, 04:11 AM
If you've never played FFX before then it would, obviously, probably be better to start off with the beginner grid.

Udon
06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
is that the international or the original?

Shalashaska
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
As I already stated above..."The 'beginners grid' is the same as the sphere grid in the North American release."

If you have the International/PAL version then it will ask you before you start the game which grid you want to use.

If you have the American version then you will not have any choices and are stuck using the beginner's grid.