PDA

View Full Version : About the trainer dressphere...

Zante
01-09-2005, 03:49 PM
How do I catch enemies with the trainer dressphere?

Emily52
01-09-2005, 05:16 PM
YOu can't catch enemies with the trainer dressphere, it's called trainer because you train your own pet. i think.

TheSpoonyBard
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
You don't catch enemies with the Trainer dressphere. The only thing that sounds remotely similar is learning Blue Magic, but that's the Gun Mage DS. My apologies, I digress. The Trainer DS enables each girl to battle with the help of their personal pet: Yuna has Kogoro (dog), Rikku has Ghiki (monkey) and Paine has Flurry (pheasant, apparently). The stats vary slightly between the girls, as do the abilities they learn, the most important of these being HP Stroll, MP Stroll and Half MP.

Zante
01-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Lots of highlights for this sphere. Each girl has their own animal they control, which can each do many different things. Just to name one, Yuna's dog, Kogoro, can do elemental damage with a chance for status effects. You can also capture, level up, and summon monsters that you've captured.

The description says you can level up and summon monsters you have captured. At first I thought it has something to do with the monster arena, but it won't let me enter it...

m4tt
01-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I don't know where you are reading that description, but it's wrong. Trainer comes with it's own pets.

And Flurry is a Falcon, isn't it?

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 03:44 PM
And Flurry is a Falcon, isn't it?

no it's a pheasant
first: it says it in the walkthrough/book that goes with the game
second: that looks nothing like a falcon to me

Lots of highlights for this sphere. Each girl has their own animal they control, which can each do many different things. Just to name one, Yuna's dog, Kogoro, can do elemental damage with a chance for status effects. You can also capture, level up, and summon monsters that you've captured.

wtf?
where'd you get this from?
If it were off the internet it may be some kind of joke or something, but you can't do that in X-2

m4tt
01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, he quoted that description from another FF site. Someone didn't check their work before they uploaded it. :p

HAhaha, from their Berserker description:

Ability Highlights: Increased attack power, but you have to give up control of your character. Is it worth the sacrifice?
You still get control of your character, unless you use that berserk ability. :p

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Ability Highlights: Increased attack power, but you have to give up control of your character. Is it worth the sacrifice?

you gave the description of 'beserk'

m4tt
01-11-2005, 05:06 PM
That was their description of the dress sphere..

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
That was their description of the dress sphere..

oh that's not entirely right....someone screwed someone over!

BudSoda02
01-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Paine's dresssphere of Trainer is a bird. I read in the OFFICIAL strategy guide that it it's indeed a hawk. Hawks are very powerful birds. They are a raptor, along with eagles & falcolns.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

boris no no
01-11-2005, 05:21 PM
in correlation with this thread...how do you get blue magic??? maybe i'm dumb (i don't doubt that!) but i can't seem to get any!! even when i'm a gun mage and the baddie attacks using magic i can learn!!!
pah! i'm poo at this game!

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
I too read the OFFICIAL strategy guide to look at the dress spheres and it was said that Paine's trainer bird was a PHEASANT

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:42 AM
hawks dont' have big foofy tails. I vaguely recall paine's birdie having a rather long tail.

You aren't playing international+last mission are you? They have a dressphere that can catch monsters that you do battle with and stuff. I dont' know anything about it though.

alexholker
01-12-2005, 05:09 AM
in correlation with this thread...how do you get blue magic??? maybe i'm dumb (i don't doubt that!) but i can't seem to get any!! even when i'm a gun mage and the baddie attacks using magic i can learn!!!
pah! i'm poo at this game!To learn a Blue Magic ability in FFX-2, your Gun Mage must be hit with the ability. For example, if Yuna was a Gun Mage and you wanted to learn Blaster, Yuna would have to be attacked with Blaster. If one of the other characters is attacked with the ability, you don't learn the skill.

[edit]While I'm at it, here is a picture of Paine's attack bird.

Zante
01-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks. How do I find out if I have the international version?

And the bird is a pheasant, it says that when you go to rename the pet.

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
isn't yunie's dog kororo (however you say it) yojimbos dog? :confused: :(

Dking'squeen
01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
kokoro
and yes it was originally Yoji,mbo's dog
*how it's Yuna's i don't know*

Zante
01-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Yojimbos dog was called Diagoro, not Kogoro.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2005, 09:11 PM
kororo

kokoro
Actually it's Kogoro, but it doesn't really matter since you can rename all the pets in Chapter 5 (take a rest in the Celsius at least once in each chapter to enable this, plus an extra scene involving Brother). And yes, it is similar to Yojimbo's dog, but it doesn't mean it is Yojimbo's dog. It was a part of the Fayth, remember.

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 09:17 PM
mabe kogoro has a brother.

Dking'squeen
01-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Kogoro.....yes....i keep making that g a k
or maybe whatever kind of dog it is she found or something

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 09:32 PM
yes,mabe, well,they could be in a pack. :mad:

Dking'squeen
01-15-2005, 09:38 PM
maybe, you never know
maybe ther're little ifrits running around too

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 03:26 AM
and shiva's terrorizing the north pole and santa. :tongue:

alexholker
01-16-2005, 05:26 AM
It's possible that the person who wrote this got a bit confused with that "FFX-2 International - Last Mission" thing. From what I read yesterday, it is possible to capture fiends in that one...

Alex

Zante
01-16-2005, 08:40 AM
What's FFX-2 international? Is that the english version?

TheSpoonyBard
01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
No, it's a completely different game altogether with more DSs.