PDA

View Full Version : Falling down the stairs?

Rye
01-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Is anyone extremely clumsy like me? I'm constantly falling down the stairs and even tripping up the stairs. It might be cause I have small feet, but I'm short so it's not likely.

Anyways, do you fall down the stairs often?
Have you ever tripped up/fell up the stairs?
Have you ever broken or sprained anything doing this?

I have a small set of stairs, only 5 steps each, so when I do fall dowen the stairs, I just get bruises. I've never broken anything falling down the stairs luckily.

Spritz
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I fell down my stairs when I was seven. Although It was 17 steps... and it was more of a roll... but it hurt like hell!

Overall I'm not that clumsy... just the occasinal knocking over glasses and spilling stuff.

Faris
01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't normally slip or trip on the staris. I only seem to slip when I'm wearing socks. When I do fall, It hurts alot!

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Clumsy = Me

escobert
01-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I used to be but I'm not really anymore.

01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
i dont fall down the stairs or anything, but sometimes when im finished eating cereal, i put the cereal box in the refridgerator without realizing.

Rye
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I do that a lot too. xD

01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
awesome! i thought i was the only one.

Rye
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Once or twice I even accidently put the milk in the area where I keep the cereal. :eek:

01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
i think i did that before.

Del Murder
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
I trip over my own feet constantly.

Dr.K
01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
When i was alot younger i used to be terrified of falling down the stairs - I used to think you nearly always died if it happened to you (perhaps from watching programs where people fall down the stairs then lie there unconscious). I've stumbled on steps many times - but i've never gone the whole hog :)
As for general clumsyness - i'd definitely say i fit that bill

ZeZipster
01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
The only time I fall down stairs is when I'm rushing to get to classes because I was talking with whoever about whatever. But luckily everybody is probably already in class by then so I only look like a complete doofus to other people rushing to get to class.

Xander
01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I have never fallen down the stairs, or indeed broken a bone in my body, ever. I can't even remember spraining anything. xD Wow, lucky me ^_^

Logan
01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I used to always run down the stairs, and twice I tripped and fell and sprained my ankle. Now I walk down the stairs. :D

kikimm
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I too am guilty of this. Although I'm glad I don't take myself too seriously---laughing at yourself and with your friends is so much easier.

More often than tripping over stair, though, I run into things. Constantly. I'm lwaysstubbing my toe, or banging my hip on something. Now those are a little bit harder to laugh off. :(

:D

SePhYsBlAdE666
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
i no a gerl whos dad pushed her down the stairs and then the goverment took her away but damn she looked funny with a broken arm we called her mummy hehehe

Rye
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
i no a gerl whos dad pushed her down the stairs and then the goverment took her away but damn she looked funny with a broken arm we called her mummy hehehe

That's horrible. :o

escobert
01-09-2005, 09:29 PM
wtf you need help.

*~Nirvana~*
01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
At my school prizegiving when I was 8 I got 2 trophies and I was so proud of it and stuff but after I received my prizes we had to go offstage and into this room. To get to the room you had to go up some stairs and I ran up the stairs(I totally regret it) but then suddenly one of my foot got caught on something and I tripped over, face on and my tummy really hurt, it felt like someone just gave me a really big punch and anyways.... both my trophies got smashed in half and I was really really dissapointed and mad at myself. But when I got home, dad helped me superglue it back and it's back to normal somewhat (I still have it today after so many years)

fire_of_avalon
01-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I don't fall down the stairs anymore. When I first met my boyfriend Matt, we were going someplace so he could "talk to me" (ask me out) and we were leaving the eating place and I fell down those steps and I laughed and laughed.

Good times.

Calliope
01-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Del falls down the stairs when I tell him to take photos.

Resha
01-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Yes. I am LE Klutz....I trip over my feet, I injure myself...and I do fall down the stairs. What's amazing is that I've never broken a bone in my body...YET. :rolleyes2

rubah
01-10-2005, 03:43 AM
we used to slide down the stairs at my grandparents' old house. it hurt, but it was fun.

The only stairs we have go up to the attic. I fall off of them if you count 'grabbing the wood and swinging down to the floor' which isn't too hard when the floor's only like, two feet down:/ STUPID TALLNESS.

I think my friend fell down some steeps off their patio and broke her finger. I think I laughed at her later for it. I mean, it's a patio, there's only like five steps.

theundeadhero
01-10-2005, 04:43 AM
When I was in about 3rd or 4th grade I was walking up some concrete steps and I slipped and fell. Needless to say, the steps put a hole in my head and I bled all over the place. I still have the scar by my left eye. The interesting thing is that the left side of the scar met up with the top of another scar I got when I was 4 or 5 and now I have a bommerang shaped scar over the upper left corner of my eye.

Polaris
01-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I haven't fell through the stairs...

Armisael
01-10-2005, 12:38 PM
i fell down the stairs when i was 4..wow i still remember how my leg was hurt that time..
from that time never again..^_^

Jack
01-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I fall down my Dad's stairs and land on my bum.
I fall up my Mum's stairs and hurt my shins.

I've fallen up a esclator and crushed a finger before. I was walking as well. I am clumsy when I want to be.

theundeadhero
01-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Update: I cut my nose shaving this morning. How? I don't know. Is it the most annoying thing in the world? Yes.

Iceglow
01-10-2005, 04:17 PM
to say i used to do ice skating at competition level i have got miraculous falling up the stairs ability...if i fall down i can flip to my feet but if i come in and run up the stairs 9 out of 10 times i'll trip up and thats embarrassing as for straining muscles or anything falling down the stairs...I once broke my right ankle falling down the stairs thats about it apart from the bruises and injured pride.

Sacred Phoenix
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
I usually trip up the stairs, or I end up with my foot too close to the egde and i slip going down the stairs and land on my ass. Sometimes in the dark i think i have one more step left but i don't and i snap my knee back wards. Oh and some times i think i'm on the last step and i'm not and to avoid snapping my knee agiain i hurl myself onto the floor. It's actually quite funny.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Yea i fall up stairs usually...as a child i remember rolling down a set of 13 steps...funny now but at the time i dont think it was a pretty sight!

mike without a hat
01-11-2005, 02:26 AM
My friend broke her wrist running up bleachers a while ago.

My school has steps on one side that they made in a very akward size so they're too small for me to take one step at a time but then too big to take 2 steps at a time and i usually end up tripping up on them somewhere.
I also dont usually pay attention while going up/down my stairs so everyonce in a while i try to take an extra step and get messed up for a second.

01-11-2005, 02:35 AM
i always stare at my steps when going down the stairs so i dont fall.

SeeDRankLou
01-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't fall down stairs, but I am always running into stuff. I don't give my body enough lateral space to move in. I don't need much in the first place, but I still don't give myself enough. So like when I'm going around a corner, my shoulder will likely hit the corner of the wall. I run into tables a lot. The other day I actually walked into a pane of glass, which was not fun. I also drop things a lot. I've gone through several cell phones dropping them. I broke my palm pilot once. I almost broke my T-92 (which would have pissed me off badly). Never broken a bone though, thankfully. I've jammed a few things, but those were all sports related injuries.

Jojee
01-12-2005, 08:01 AM
I didn't fall but when I was 3, my cousin pushed me down a whole big set of concrete stairs and said it was an accident. >=| It wasn't, now I realize. JERK. (Of course, this is the same cousin that when I was 6, told me to play "bull" and held up a red hankerchief against the wall. I ran into it. The wall, I mean. Really hard.) Ah, the stories of why I am so screwy T_T

Necronopticous
01-12-2005, 08:04 AM
I went through this phase about two years ago where a couple friends and I would fall on purpose. At first it was just in front of large groups in the mall, then we graduated to learning how to fall down stairs without getting hurt. We got some pretty good laughs and none of us ever got injured, I would say it was definately good times.

It also makes me desensitized to being embarrassed if I trip in front of someone on accident or something.

Resha
01-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Warning/Advice: Never lean against an escalator railing thingy...that converyer belt thingy to hold on to as you go up.

A friend of mine leaned against one going up, and it was so strong, it pulled her up with it. Now, I didn't see the incident, and I was incredulous...so I decided to try for myself. I swore I'd be careful.

So in the middle of the huge shopping mall I lean against it, and suddenly, it drags me up while I'm screaming "No! STOP IT! STOP THE ESCALATOR!!!! AAAAGH!" and the whole mall stops and stares and points and laughs, and my friends are like "Whooooaaaa...".

Pfft. I managed to fall off the side but owtch..I couldn't sit for a week, and I had a bruised ego. :rolleyes2 Seeing is believing...isn't that what they say on the Disney videos?

Dragon Ash
01-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I fell down the stairs in a cinema once but i managed to catch the railing. So I ended up kneeling downwards on these very sharp edged tiled stairs on my bare knees! Ouch! And my best friend just stood there laughing at me while I was desperately hanging on to this railing. :mad:

boris no no
01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
i'm possibly the most clumsy person in the world!
i am always walking into things and people. my friends hate shopping with me because i always knock things down. i hit my head alot too!
i fell down the stairs last week and hit my head on a cactus...it spiked me

Leene
01-12-2005, 06:59 PM
I Fell down the stairs one month ago and guess what i was at school everybody laughed at me....:cry:

01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
hit my head on a cactus wow...

boris no no
01-12-2005, 11:41 PM
i live in an old house so there are windows like at the bottom of landings near the ground. we keep cacti there!
god did it HURT!
i got a rash on my forehead...thats the stoooopidest thing that ever happened to me...in the past few months!

theundeadhero
01-13-2005, 01:07 AM
I went through this phase about two years ago where a couple friends and I would fall on purpose. At first it was just in front of large groups in the mall,I used to do that too when I was around a group of my friends. They never did though. :shifty: It's 20x better if you yell "OH NO!" really loudly on your way down.

Silmaril
01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I go down stairs looking straight down.

I'm not very clumsy. I bump into things alot. Tables, chairs, range rovers, lamp posts, you name it. I once straight into one of those pole type things that keep tennis nets up.

Resha
01-14-2005, 06:13 AM
That cactus story reminds me of something...

I was balancing along a drain downstairs of my old condo one day, coz we were playing an advanced version of Hide and Seek. But amazingly enough, I lost my balance, I was toppling off towards...

*suspense*

This really horrible tree that had huge thorns sticking out of its trunk. It was completely covered in thorns! I was racing towards it headfirst, but to protect my head I put out both my hands and...owtch. They had thorns sticking out them, and it would have been funny if it hadn't hurt. Some of the thorns went really deep into the palms of my hand, and I had to bite one out. Yummy?

Peegee
01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
hahaha I remember the time my friend Kim tripped up the stairs while I was there. What I wouldn't give to be me now instead of the good-guy me then.

Thanks Ryry!

Dingo Jellybean
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I've fallen a few times. My stairs are the standard 12 steps, but the last time I feel was years ago. I usually take 2 steps at a time.

I usually treat my stairs like an exercise I machine...I run up the stairs real fast like some monster is going to get me. Real exciting!

Calliope
01-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I really think I could do with falling down some stairs right now.