PDA

View Full Version : Made-Up Games you Play/Played

Spritz
01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Everyone at some poitnt in their life starts making up and playing stupid games in and around the house.

Prime Exaples would be;
-Sock skating
-Throws stuff at/in the bin
-Hide & Seek

So My question to you is: What games have you played around the house!

P.S. Extra credit will be given to activities with extra vandalism.

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I made up an RPG that used a regular deck of playing cards but whenever I would try to show someone how to play they would complain that it was too complicated and I don't think I ever played a game, I'm not even sure it would have worked.

Psychotic
01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
- Playing with matches.

All those horrible propaganda cartoons that tell you not to...well, they lied. I PLAYSED WITH TEH MATCHERIES AND I AM FINE TURNED OUT NOT YOU THINK? =D??!???!?!!

Rye
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
When I was around 7, my friends and I played games like James Bond. Like we'd pretend to be spies and stuff. :o

Del Murder
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I make a game out of everything. During TV commmercials we would try to be the first to guess what the product was.

ZeZipster
01-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Power Rangers.

Craig
01-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Power Rangers.

I even had the weapons.

StarlightAngel
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Netherworld ball. ^^

Old Manus
01-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Murder in the dark with real weapons.

rubah
01-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I used to be the very first person on the bus in the morning for school. That was very boring.

There was 'count all the ponds' 'count the daffodils' 'make your hair turn gold in the sunlight' 'play the little indian dude that has to run along with the bus because his tribe turned him out (this was a good one' 'land your eyes on every other section of fence' and 'try to focus back and forth between the grass and the road'

Like I said, it was boring.

Anyways, I kitchen surf now, we tiled our kitchen, and if you're wearing the right socks, you can go at least five feet without jerking too much. My friend says she thinks it sounds like I'm going to bust my head open every time I do that.
There's also 'run through the dining room and kitchen as fast as possible' because it's my way of 'exercising' It also gets interesting when there's baby toys in the way, or the fan, or the piano bench. It's challenging enough with the piano in the doorway, because it it takes up like a third of the space. when the bench is out there, you have to either jump to the side really fast, or jump up over it. I prefer to jump to the side, because you don't lose your inertia so much so you can still kitchen surf:D One my cousin and I dumped a bunch of corn starch in the floor and pretended we were ice skating.

with my friends, there was the miraculous Space Cats. their grandparents had a goat and a big huge forested goat pen. Lots of exploring. Actually we did the whole exploring thing too, because they were moderately close to the girl scout camp, which had trails down to the creek (really steep. Trees are your friends. rocks and leaves are NOT). We even had a form of government situated on top of the waterfall:D

and back with my cousin, on the trampoline, we had all sorts of repetitive things we'd do to jump. Like jump up, land like you're sitting, and stand back up when you bounced. I forget what exactly we called them, 'sit downs' or 'up downs' or something. but you could do a lot. and there was also the mini olympics, where we'd take turns hanging on the swing set while someone went out solo, and we'd do commentary.

with one of my friends, we'd play barbies, and one of the Ken dolls was *always* gay. My grandma had given us a bunch of fabric scraps, so we made him some togas he always wore. The others wore other clothes. and she always got to use the little box for her barbie's house, ¬¬ but anyways.

man that was fun. yay for childhood!

DJZen
01-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Pin the blame on the honky

bennator
01-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I played a game of "BAT" (Big-arse tape) ball once...it was fun, but we didn't have rules, so a little chaotic.

sascha
01-09-2005, 10:09 PM
i used to mix up things like dirt and leaves or even bathroom products and pretend I was a witch... I also used to pretend I was fairy in my back garden. yeah.. I was a weird child lol ;)

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I used to break open VHS tapes and stretch the tape across the street from mailboxes and street lights so cars would have to drive through it or get out and take it off, it was great fun although the people in the cars never seemed to think so.

Craig
01-09-2005, 10:15 PM
i used to mix up things like dirt and leaves or even bathroom products and pretend I was a witch... I also used to pretend I was fairy in my back garden. yeah.. I was a weird child lol ;)

One time I got a bowl and filled it with all my shampoos, soaps, conditioners and just about any other liquid I could find in an attempt to make a potion of some sort.

kikimm
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I used to make anything into a whip (mostly jeans) and then run around the house threatening my brothers. Good times.

:D

mike without a hat
01-09-2005, 10:59 PM
oh no the floor is lava :D
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1233/thefloor9zh.jpg

Necronopticous
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Dear God... So true.

Meat Puppet
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I made up an RPG that used a regular deck of playing cards but whenever I would try to show someone how to play they would complain that it was too complicated and I don't think I ever played a game, I'm not even sure it would have worked.

Me too. :(

Oh yeah! I used to play letterbox baseball aswell.

theundeadhero
01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
oh no the floor is lava...or water and your on a pirate ship. Both work great. I used to pretend I was a ninja a lot too. I also used to spend hours setting up those little green plastic army men or builing stuff with legos.

mythus
01-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I 'still' GM my created RPG...

When I was younger we used to have war out in the woods near my house. During the winter we would split up the woods and build fortresses throughout the woods. Come summer, we had massive wars.

We also used to soap up the kitchen floor and slide on it. Got bruises all over... man it was fun.

Aurey
01-10-2005, 12:39 AM
I used to play Ghost Tag with my brother a lot. It's basically tag except we'd put blankets over our heads, so it would be difficult to find one another. We stopped playing it after I got stitches in the back of my head because my brother pushed me in to the corner of a wall.

I also used to play this game with my friends where we'd run on to blankets which were placed on the ground of my basement and slide across the floor in to whatever was in front of us. We used get bruises, bumps and cuts. It was great.

I miss my childhood. :(

Martyr
01-10-2005, 03:44 AM
oh no the floor is lava :D

That was the only thing that got me through grocery stores and real estate hunting trips.

I also used to pretend like I was a warrior (like most kids).
We had a massive elephant ear grove. Do you know about elephant ears (Plants)? They are undestroyable. Once they're planted, you can burn them, chop them down, build a house on top of them.... All to no avail. Their seeds are so deep down that once the conditions are ripe, the plant will grow up once more, and fast.
So I'd run around, Martyr the warrior, preferably with a stick (A powerful blade of heroic achievements and such) or a piece of rubber hose (Nunchucks?) and obliterate the elephant ears. I would call out, "Death to the foul monsters which threaten mine world!" and dive into my many eared foes, splashing sap and elephand ear limbs all over the place!

I was also highly allergic to elephant ear sap. So after ravaging the garden, I'd have to come inside and lie in bed for a few days because the rashes all over me were just sickeningly horrible.

My hatred of those plants still burns bright and high, and should I see one standing on my property again- Rest assured that it will face death by the hand of Martyr of the Rubber Nunchaku once more.

fire_of_avalon
01-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Man, you guys were just as cool as me growing up.

I'm not being sarcastic. I played the witch thing and the lava thing and the bus thing (except instead of a little indian it was a fox being chased by hunters).

YAY!

theundeadhero
01-10-2005, 04:54 AM
You think that's weird? On long rides I used to pretend it was me on a motorcycle being chased by the cops, or sometimes a remote control car and it would have to drive around the cracks in the road instead of over them.

*~Nirvana~*
01-10-2005, 05:06 AM
This used to be one of my all time favourite games that I made up when I was still a little kid. I always played with my little brother because he sucked at it so much, I would win all the time. We would spin around and around and around for about 2 or 3 minutes until we were really dizzy, then we would see who could walk 5 steps in a straight line and do another 3 spins at the end. The winner was the person who managed not to touch or bump into something. I swear to my last dollar that I got sooooo many headaches playing that game!

Rusty
01-10-2005, 05:45 AM
A few of the games I remember playing is the one where we'd pretend to be spies, murder in the dark and blindsman bluff (which are still fun to play) and I think I tried to play cricket it the house once. I don't think it turned out to well turned out to well :)

Jack
01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Hmmm.

There was this one game where me and my drunk (People hould NEVER let their 13yr olds get drunk...) "friends" turned my house into a obstacle course. You'd have to...

-RUN over my small landing.
-SLIDE down on a huge cushion down my stairs WITHOUT breaking your neck
-LEAP over my sofa
-HOP to the chair WITHOUT touching the floor
-ROLL over the top of the chair

and do that very,very, very,very,very fast
:greenie:

--
There was another gfame called HOOPY. But that was based on this CBBC show which was on when I was very young. It was about this tower where different puzzles would be done on different levels.
MY game was where you had to go round the whole circuit without getting caught by your friends who could only move one space up-left-down-right. As could you. they started in the middle and you started at one end. Very difficult I must say. We played i6t till the school tarmaced over the ground and we lost the markings of Hoopy forever... :cry:

Giga Guess
01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Rummage through the fridge, make the most vile concoctions imaginable, and get my little brother to drink it.

I love my brother....

Crazy the Clown
01-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Backyard wrestling. Not the kind where you knock your little brother through a hedge or throw a pinecone at one of your friends. That's good clean fun. I'm talking about barbed wire, flaming planks, and light bulbs. (By no means was it limited to this list.)

Hey, someone made this up. I just went along for the fun.

Kossage
01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Sock skating! It was funny. And, well, I and my friends used to play a lot outside (hide&seek etc.), but there were too many things we did to be listed here. :p

Doc Sark
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
When I worked behind a bar we played a number of games. Bounce the roll of selotape into the wine rack was good, hide the monkey was spectacular, drop the press up passed some time but the absolute king of all the bar games was bar curling involving ice cubes and brooms. Awesome.

DMKA
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Pin the blame on the honky
I nearly fell out of my chair with laughter...

Me and my sis used to play this game where we'd stick metal stuff in the microwave and see how long it'd take for them to spark...and we'd also play this one where we'd microwave marshmellow creme stuff and then stick balls in it while it was still gooey and then throw them at the walls and ceiling and they'd stick!

This is all true, BTW.

Blackmageboi
01-10-2005, 09:46 PM
most those games plus the good old grab what you can and make a potoin in the bathroom....i can still taste the shaving foam

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah my cousins and i would play heaps of made up games with each other, we made little raps together, made a freaky story inspired from "vega" off street fighters but the most memorial game we played we conviently called sock fights where we would get knee high socks and just bash the crap out of each other it was one on one the we went on teams....other games we played with the dog at night....because the had a big backyard we made a path way and follow it and if the dog touched us we would loose others would be just avoiding some flashlight in the night...oh those were the days

i miss those days!