PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone humbled Trema at lower levels than me?

TeamSlayer
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Everyone I know who has played FFX-2 hasn't beat Trema, and has levels of 99. The first time I fought Trema, my highest level was 73, my other two were 72 and 70, and I humbled him. I beat him, with HP to spare. I am wondering, has anyone beat him at a level before 73 without the Iron Duke?

TheSpoonyBard
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I entered Via Infinito at level 35, got to the bottom at level 48 and defeated Trema at level 52. No Iron Duke or Adamatite used.

TeamSlayer
01-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Ah... I have been humbled... extremely...

01-10-2005, 03:52 AM
i beat him at like level 85 without iron duke. it took like 5 turns.

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I entered Via Infinito at level 35, got to the bottom at level 48 and defeated Trema at level 52. No Iron Duke or Adamatite used.

Darkness? um... can you tell me how ya beat him, cuz for the life of me i just can't, and it pisses me off to no end! like, if you could just give me the jist of what you did, and i could kinda work your mastery into my method? that'd be cookie swanky kewl! ;)

TheSpoonyBard
01-10-2005, 09:42 PM
It was quite a while ago so some of the specifics may be a little vague, but I do remember it was on a New Game+ so I had every DS mastered, but this can be done on the first time through the game. I seem to remember having a Gunner with Cat Nip (not very original, but necessary for my current level), an Alchemist, and a Dark Knight/Mascot. I don't remember the Garment Grids I had equipped, or which girl had which DS. I seem to recall attempting this battle numerous times, and the main reason for this was Paragon's Genesis. I didn't want to Bribe him as I already had Cat Nip and didn't wish to go overboard on the cheapness factor. I think Yuna was in Mascot because I used Moogle Regenja (Regen + Haste) then switched to Dark Knight for Darkness, Rikku was throwing out Phoenix Downs and X-Potions all over the place and Paine used Trigger Happy whenever she got into yellow health (which was right after Rikku used a Phoenix Down). I may have had 2 Alchemists, I'm not sure. All I remember is there was a lot of Hastes cast and a lot of Potions used. And I mean a lot of Potions.

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I mean I was level 99, had all the DS mastered all in the first game, and I tried this other way I found somewhere that states you can take away all his MP in two rounds or some such nonsense, and maybe it's true, but I couldn't get a turn in edgewise, and he kicked my @$$ from here to kingdom come.... Maybe I'm just not fast enough... I tried him about 7 times before I finally just said screw to hell... I wanted to get that 100% completion in my first game, and I would have too, if I could beat this twerpy old b@$t@rd. Grr... I'll keep trying I guess.... :mad: hell, it took me like 10 tries before I beat FF8's Omega.... STILL TO THIS DAY have not beat FF7's Emerald OR Ruby.... CAN'T beat FF9's Ozma.... Haven't beat X's Nemesis.... God, I'm pathetic. Maybe I should stop trying huh? :(

TheSpoonyBard
01-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Taking away his MP would work also, but it won't prevent him casting Meteor and other strong magicks. Soul Springs, Target MP and Pilfer MP are the best ways to lower it. It's a shame Rasp (FFVI) hasn't made a comeback, that would be very useful here. As for the other bosses, they're not for discussion here, but there are plenty of very reliable methods you can find on the internet. Have a browse through the other forums to find some answers, or visit www.gamefaqs.com.

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Ah, I'll figure the others out eventually... but I do really wanna beat Trema.... I dont even think it's cuz of the 100% completion thing anymore... it's pride. Anywho, thanks for your help, you've been swell. And any other tidbits you throw at me about other bosses (not here, of course) would be so very appreciated. Toodles. :greenie:

m4tt
01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I just tried this Via Infinito thing last night for the first time. I got to level 13 (I think) when I ran into som giant red drake that was bouncing around. Killed Paine in one hit (alchemist), then Rikku in the next hit (gun mage), so only Yuna (dark knight) was left. He must of lightened up a bit because it took 4 hits to kill her. :rolleyes2

Maybe I should level up a bit? I would of thought 74, 72 and 71 would be high enough?

TheSpoonyBard
01-11-2005, 10:30 PM
All the Elder Drakes can be avoided through timing your run properly or by activating all the switches linked to the platforms, depending on the particular lay out of the level. They have lots of HP, Auto-Protect, huge Str and they instantly kill anyone who casts magic on them. They are best avoided until you are at Lv 99 or have Mascot, Cat Nip or Iron Duke.

Mirage
01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I started VI at level 30ish this time. I'm currently in the 80th cloister or so, my levels are in the late 60s. I'll see if I can beat him without iron duke equipped, but I kinda want to use it.

rcabronx
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm confused... don't you get the iron duke for beating trema? :confused:

Demon eye
01-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Level 11 hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha u make me laugh

Mirage
01-12-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm confused... don't you get the iron duke for beating trema? :confused:

Let's play Jeopardy.
What is New Game Plus?

m4tt
01-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Level 11 hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha u make me laugh
hahahha u make me laugh 2. :rolleyes2

Glad I could bring some laughter to your life.

All the Elder Drakes can be avoided through timing your run properly or by activating all the switches linked to the platforms, depending on the particular lay out of the level. They have lots of HP, Auto-Protect, huge Str and they instantly kill anyone who casts magic on them. They are best avoided until you are at Lv 99 or have Mascot, Cat Nip or Iron Duke.Thanks for the advice! I don't have any of those items, or the Mascot dress sphere so looks like I'll be avoiding them. :p

Mirage
01-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Elder drakes are random encounters in the later levels. It's hard avoiding them.

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:20 AM
but by then you have catnip, and you're probably going through with a gunner on low hp anyways.

rcabronx
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Jeez Mirage, it was just an innocent question.... don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but I've never beaten Trema, so I wasn't sure... not really appreciating the sarcasm, but whatever. :D No harm, no foul. ;)

m4tt
01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Elder drakes are random encounters in the later levels. It's hard avoiding them.
I ended up running into another one on level 34 or something. It wasn't the one that was bouncing in and out of that hallway, it was one that was just hanging out in a pit. Needless to say I couldn't figure out how to get around it and died. ;_;

Mirage
01-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I eat elder drakes for breakfast!
Well, I assumed you had completed it once, so you should know about that feature. :p

DMKA
01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
What the hell is "Iron Duke"?

I beat him at level 99. =\

Ichimonji
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
It's an accessory which brings all your stats up 100% except for Luck. That goes up 50%.

alexholker
01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
What the hell is "Iron Duke"?The "Iron Duke" is an Accessery you can get by defeating Trema. It adds 100 points or 100% to pretty much all your stats.

Alex

TeamSlayer
01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Actually when the iron duke is equiped all stats go up 100% but luck goes up by 100 points, not 50%.

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Actually, everyone has been wrong so far. The Iron Duke does the following things:

- Max HP +100%
- Max MP +100%
- Strength +100 points
- Defence +100 points
- Magic +100 points
- Magic Defence +100 points
- Agility +10 points
- Accuracy +100 points
- Evasion +100 points
- Luck +50 points

[The Elder Drake] was one that was just hanging out in a pit. Needless to say I couldn't figure out how to get around it and died.
Before you jump up the first wall head left. There you will find a passage with a glyph. Activate this glyph and blocks will appear above the Elder Drake allowing you to jump across without going anywhere near him.

Dking'squeen
01-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I can't beat him either and I don't have the mascot DS, no matter how many times I go through that game *I can't get it for some reason*
I started fighting the Elder Drakes for practice on one of my files and i always seemt o die to that thing Before you fight Trema *Isn't that Yunalesca's lover or something* Well, i'll have one person left or two and none of them can revive the fallen one in time...so..

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
To get Mascot you need Episode Complete in all areas. Make sure you don't leave Zanarkand Ruins til last as you won't get Mascot even if you get all Episode Complete (just a little bug in the game). Paragon ("the thing before you fight Trema") can be bribed, thus ensuring all three girls are alive and kicking for the Trema battle. 1,000,000 Gil should be enough.

Dking'squeen
01-12-2005, 09:28 PM
NIce!
I thought that it was another city that I had to do last, not mascot
and then who gives it to you?
PErigon CAN be bribed....i thought so...*starts saving money* oh wait, I have more than enough...hehe
So one of my girls should be able to use Lady luck abilities, right?

~Thanks ;)

*and i hate those tonberries, the large ones*

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
After getting Episode Complete in all areas there will be an automatic scene on the Celsius where Brother presents you with the Gullwing's most prized garment. Lady Luck should only be used for Bribing Paragon, not in the battle against Trema. The only DS you should use are Mascot, Dark Knight or Alchemist.

I once fought him for fun with all the girls wearing the Berserker DS. I put all three of them in Berserk just to see how long I could last. N.B. Each girl was Lv 99, wearing an Iron Duke and a Speed Bracer, and had Auto-Regen, Evade & Counter and Magic Counter. I almost killed him, but he used Meteor twice in a row. Not good. Suffice to say I died quite spectacularly.

rcabronx
01-12-2005, 10:23 PM
i have an idea i may just try tonight... i have two cat nips now, cuz i did beat the game and went thru the new game plus thing, so if i had yuna be alchemist to heal and stuff, and have the other two on gunner with cat nip and trigger happy... do you think that would work?

share share... :love:

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Quite possibly, but I doubt an Alchemist and 2 Gunners on critical health would survive any of Trema's magic attacks unless you used Valiant Lustre GG with Oath Veils. It's worth a shot though. (See what I did there? Trigger Happy...Shot...See?)

rcabronx
01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Adorable play on words there Darkness! :love: :love: :love:

Hmm...you may be right about the whole two girls always on critical... I can't recall, cuz it's been a while since I tried to beat him (and since the controller hurling thru a dry plaster wall incident) so I can't remember, does he counter attack those who hit him ONLY, or does he attack indiscriminately? What would be your changes to my sorta lazy half-@$$ed strategy besides Valiant Luster and Oath Veils?

Your help is being much much much appreciated! :D

TheSpoonyBard
01-13-2005, 09:42 PM
He attacks indiscriminately, using magic that hits all or a 3-stage physical attack that can hit 1-3 girls. I'd also change it so there is only one Gunner and have the other two as White Mage or Alchemist. Equip Speed Bracers so you have Auto-Haste, cos that saves you having to cast it each time someone dies. Keep the White Mage/Alchemist at full health as much as possible, but only use Life/Phoenix Down on the Gunner when she dies so she is always on critical HP. Remember, the main objective is to stay alive, the second objective is to defeat Trema. Speed and high HP will win you this battle, not loads of attacks. Crystal Bangles (HP +100%) will be useful too.

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Actually, everyone has been wrong so far. The Iron Duke does the following things:

- Max HP +100%
- Max MP +100%
- Strength +100 points
- Defence +100 points
- Magic +100 points
- Magic Defence +100 points
- Speed +100 points
- Accuracy +100 points
- Evasion +100 points
- Luck +50 points

Before you jump up the first wall head left. There you will find a passage with a glyph. Activate this glyph and blocks will appear above the Elder Drake allowing you to jump across without going anywhere near him.

when do you have to kill him?i'm lost :mad:

rubah
01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
When he attacks you?

It's at the very end of the Via Infinito. basement floor 100ish. It's down under bevelle in chapter 5.