PDA

View Full Version : squall/leon

Carnage
01-09-2005, 11:56 PM
alot of people i talk to didnt like how he came out. i liked his look. anyone else?

Trumpet Thief
01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
chaos: Personally, Kingdom Hearts bishounen style beats any Final Fantasy's "realistic" dream :p

Ryth
01-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I thought Squall/Leon turned out great. Cloud and Sephiroth even better.

Rykashi
01-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Call me crazy, but I liked the original squall better. However I must agree that Sephiroth and Cloud came out much better

Crazy the Clown
01-10-2005, 07:05 AM
alot of people i talk to didnt like how he came out. i liked his look. anyone else?

He looks a bit more bad-ass. And as for getting the star of Angel to do his voice? That was dope. What sucked, though, was Lance Bass as Sephiroth. Simon Templeman, who voiced Kain in the Legacy of Kain series, would've been better. More appropriate than a boy band member, too.

Xander
01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I really liked his look. His hair was cool. And I thought he had a very well suited voice too.

Lain
01-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I love Squall new look. I think he looks far better in KH. And his voice rocks too..... Angel was cool

m4tt
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
I hated Squall in FFVIII. I could actually stand Leon.

Dark Sage
01-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I rather Squall from FFVIII, but Leon is cool too. Anyway, cloud and Sephrio are the best.

Pheesh
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Leons hair was the biggest and best change. But i like the length of his gunblade which (in comparison to his body) looks more like a short sword than a long unbalanced one like in FFVIII.

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 02:25 AM
what i don't like is how his pants looks like bell-bottoms.

Melyna HiRyu
01-15-2005, 03:53 AM
They all turned out great. I nearly died when I saw Yuffie and Aeris(th). Not only are there bishies everywhere you look in that game, but the girls are STILL the coolest. Even if one of them is VOed by Mandy Moore. x.x

Shoden
01-21-2005, 06:55 PM
well the name change was the only bad thing about it but i hated the gunblade it was discusting bah the original ff8 version was better as it seemed to have a better length and view where griever on the kh v of it? anyway the kh version seemed more of a 2 hand only whilst the ff8 version used one handed ones.

Blank
02-13-2005, 08:30 PM
i thought Leon looked great. his hair = awesome. bell bottoms = cool. sword = disneyfied but that's ok.

but im surprised nobody's talking about his identiy, his name changed to Leon, i havn't quite got that. he's got wings on his back like Rinoa and a symbol on his sleeve like Seifer. i sense a mix of characters. which makes sense because Cloud was clearly a mix of cloud and vincent. donno why tho

a friend told me squall was "Leon" for the same reason Cloud was "vincent" but i havnt played FF7 so there are things i don't know and i don't want any spoilers.

Craig
02-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Squall changed his name to Leon because he was disgraced at the fact he couldn't save his home world from the Heartless.

Fate Fatale
02-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Yeah I agree with Jellisaurus, He couldn't save his world so he just left. I have a theory that the childish people (like Selphy) go to Destini Islands and the more adult people (like Squall) go to Traverse Town, when their worlds are destroyed. Just a theory though...

Blank
02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Squall changed his name to Leon because he was disgraced at the fact he couldn't save his home world from the Heartless.

oooo thats right. thankyou. and i like that theory but wakka selphie and tidus are on destiny islands naturally before the world is destroyed ya know?

kaizer21
02-14-2005, 09:04 PM
i thought that all of them looked WAY better in KH...although, Tidus, Selphie and Wakka looked better in the FF worlds....

Fate Fatale
02-16-2005, 08:45 PM
No,... They were on they're FF worlds, but they got destroyed, and they lost the painful memory... Not that they were always on Destini

BrassOtaku
02-16-2005, 09:10 PM
OMG! Did I miss something!? What are you all talking about!?

Ouch!
02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
NewBlackMage, there were no FF worlds in Kingdom Hearts. The only similarities were the character cameos. Events that happened in the Final Fantasy series had absolutely nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts.

Cid, Leon, Aerith and Yuffie were all originally from Hallow Bastion. Tidus, Wakka and Selphie were all originally from Destiny Islands, simple as that.

The Kingdom Hearts characters, for the most part, were better looking than they were in the Final Fantasy games, Leon was no exception. Tidus, Wakka and Selphie however...

Fate Fatale
02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
FF worlds are mentioned throughout the game, just because you cannot go there doesn't mean they aren't real.

Skyblade
02-20-2005, 10:33 PM
oooo thats right. thankyou. and i like that theory but wakka selphie and tidus are on destiny islands naturally before the world is destroyed ya know?

It's not a "theory". Read Jiminy Cricket's journal, and it tells you that Leon is really Squall.

Ouch!
02-21-2005, 05:47 PM
At the end of the game Leon, Yuffie and Aerith all mention that Hallow Bastion was their childhood home. That implies they were raised there. Which doesn't give much space for them to be from a different world.

The same would naturally apply to the children on Destiny Island. I know that just because the worlds weren't in the game doesn't mean they don't exist, but with the explanations given throughout the game it isn't plausible to say that the Final Fantasy cameos were actually from the world in their respective FF titles. Kingdom Hearts is simply a different game that used Final Fantasy characters that have no relation to their original games, worlds or plots. The only reason the Final Fantasy characters were in the game was so that it'd appeal to SE's fans. They could have asily used original characters to replace the Final Fantasy cameos.

Fate Fatale
02-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok... I getcha... "Agree to disagree" ok! I dontreally have time to go into detail

Craig
02-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Uhh, actually all the characters come from their original worlds like in their games. Duh. Why do you think Squall is a full grown adult and Selphie is a small child? Why is Aerith alive? Exactly. :rolleyes2

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 01:38 AM
And, on another line, why would Yuffie know that Leon's real name is Squall, if she came from the world of FFVII, and he came from the world of FFVIII? He changed his name when he left his world, so how would Yuffie know it? No, the characters are not the same as their FF counterparts.

Fate Fatale
02-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Leon keeps a decret diary... ooooooh....

cloud20747
02-24-2005, 04:24 AM
Before I played KH, I never played FFVIII so that was my first time seeing him. He looked great. I now own FF8 and both looks are great.