PDA

View Full Version : Angra Mainyu

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I hate this thing with a passion. It's such a looooooooooooong battle!!!!! :weep: Does anyone know some tips that can make this battle a bit easier? x.x

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Um
I beat him like this
Dark KNight x2
Alchemist
Stock up on Potions and Hi-Potions and be sure that your Alchemist knows Mix and Dark KNights know Darkness, and have thier health really high *not sure whether you NEED to but it'll help you stay alive*
Have you Alchemist and Dark Knights if possible have something that'll hasten them and have Ribbons on them or something to protect against status ailments
When the battle starts, you should maybe use something to lessen the magic and physical attacks *there's an item lunar curtain or something*
Have your Dark Knights use Darkness and Alchemist mis the high potions and potions to make mega potions
Depending on how much damage it takes away, the battle will go faster
*you'll find this combo works for a lot of fights*

Aeris07
01-10-2005, 12:41 AM
or u could like go to the via infinito thingy and get this nifty lil item that deals 9999 damage. only down side..it only deals 9999 damage when ur char. is in the yellow

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 12:44 AM
or u could like go to the via infinito thingy and get this nifty lil item that deals 9999 damage. only down side..it only deals 9999 damage when ur char. is in the yellow

CAT NIP
and bad idea because that monster could kill you before you attack
if you did have it, you could use the gunner's trigger happy and if you have two *like i do* you can use two trigger happys

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys. ^-^ I should probably also level up like crazy. I think I'm only around level fourty or so. Can't remember. x.x

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 01:26 AM
oh yeah level up...level ALL THE WAY up

Aeris07
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
nah...i used also used a alchemist and a dark knight thing and a gunner with the cat nip..it worked for me. cuz u kill those things on the side 1st and try your best to keep them ko'ed then hes not that much of a problem. i think i was around level 80 or lower

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
With a powerful Dark Knight, you could kill both at the same time or one right behind the other. If you can kill one side with one attack from the Dark Knight, then timing is Key so when the main part revives one side, you can automatically kill it
And if you haven't gotten the Cat Nip, you should go to Bevelle and get it, It's also a good place to train
Though I think this will eliminate chamces of recieving the mascot dressphere

01-10-2005, 03:57 AM
and bad idea because that monster could kill you before you attack thats why your gunner should use the garment grid that grants you first strike. its quite easy if you have enough x potions. just have rikku and paine as dark knight and just keep throwing x potions at each other even if your health is relatively high, and yuna keep doing trigger happy at critical health.

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 10:29 PM
But then it would take longer to defeat the two side monsters, but if you have a strong Darkness attack, you can deafeat both of them with one/two attack instead of taking two turnes. Like, two dark KNights will destroy both side monsters in one of thier turns, hopefullyright behind each other while your alchimist can just use mega potions or revive and whatnot while if you simply have one gunner doing damage, it will take a lot longer to defeat him

01-10-2005, 10:44 PM
wait, what opponents are you guys talking about?

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Read the name of the thread

01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
whos angra mainyu?

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
In chapter 5, he's the monster/fiend you have to beat to complete the chapter in the Bikanel Desert

m4tt
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I just beat this thing last night. Yuna and Rikku were darknights using darkness over and over while Paine was an Alchemist mixing mega potions. I also used those items that cast haste, reflect and protect ont he whole party.

Aeris07
01-11-2005, 10:30 PM
yea i beat him before as well.

Aeris07
01-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Though I think this will eliminate chamces of recieving the mascot dressphere

nope...it doesnt matter if u go there or not. wont do anything for recieving that dress sphere :) but it is a good place to level up. plus if u want 100% in that game there some things you gotta do there

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:30 AM
you dont' need items if you have stash.

*loves on stash*

catnip makes the world go around. w00

angra mainyu is also some sort of. . .being in persian mythology. actually ffx-2 on the whole has a *lot* of persian myth. yay persia!

01-12-2005, 02:18 AM
oh i barely remember him. he was like real easy i think.

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 11:24 PM
where are the 10 gatekeepers? i'm stuck on #2. where is he? :mad2: :confused:

Dking'squeen
01-16-2005, 11:29 PM
angra mainyu is also some sort of. . .being in persian mythology. actually ffx-2 on the whole has a *lot* of persian myth. yay persia!

the FF series is full of mythilogical beings
Ifreet, Shiva
Quetzalcotl was a serpent in Aztec mythilogy/legend

as for angry mainyu or whatever

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_angra.txt

where are the 10 gatekeepers? i'm stuck on #2. where is he?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_cactuar.txt

rubah
01-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I know there's lots of mythology.

But PERSIAN myth.

I'd never even realized it existed until I went to look up names of the monsters in x-2@.@;

(and then I would've found out in a few months anyways in world history. haha, take that darius the second!)

Dking'squeen
01-17-2005, 01:05 AM
well i didn;t know that they had added Aztecian Mythology in there either until i went to look up pictures of him

Emily52
01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
You know, i just concentrated on Angra Mainyu, because he was the main one. If you kill him, i'm 99.9% sure that the other two die at the same time. As for the second gatekeeper, it's on the beach in Besaid. :D

Dking'squeen
01-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Angra Mainyu has more health than his arms. who cause status effects and such. Plus, if the two are alive, the main monster can use some attack that could kill your party, so it's best to just use Darkness and wipe out the sides and keep it up and use megapotions by mixing

Emily52
01-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah but, if you cast Haste on the Gunner (who should have learnt "Trigger Happy lv. 3") and equip her with the Catnip accessory, then she'll kill the Angra Mainyu part in like 3 trigger happys. Then you use to Alchemists, one as a healer and one as an attacker. The healer obviously heals and then the attacker can mix any gem and holy water to make "White Hole". Granted, White Hole selects a random target, but it is enough to either finish Mainyu off, or kill either Zarich or Tawrich.

Dking'squeen
01-17-2005, 08:44 PM
And then, that's only if your Gunner is fast and attacks before it's killed because in order to use the Catnip's effect, you have to have your health in the yellow, which is a 50/50 chance that your gunner could be killed before you even have the chance to attack, plus if you don't kill the other arms, there's more probability that you could die before you attacked

Emily52
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I doubt it, not if your levels are high and you have someone cast reflect on you. Anyway i did say that one Alchemist was a healer.

Dking'squeen
01-19-2005, 01:08 AM
yeah, but you would probably have to make sure that your health stays in the yellow and.....ugh...nevermind.....whatever works for you
try both ideas/all ideas