PDA

View Full Version : Ac One Winged Angel.....

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm not really a fan of the way they redid this song. I like the original and the Kingdom Hearts versions MUCH MUCH better. x.x Does anyone else share my view?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-10-2005, 02:23 AM
If you're talking about the version from Final Fantasy VII Reunion Tracks, you must be insane. It's just like the original version except it's been rendered in orchestral quality. It's definitely my favorite version of the song by far.

kikimm
01-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Oh? I love it. Both versions are great, though---the only one that blows is the piano version.

As for the Kingdom Hearts one...eh. It wasn't so great.

:D

Samuraid
01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
The FF7 Reunion orchestral version is by far the best version.

Sefie1999AD
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
If you're talking about the version from Final Fantasy VII Reunion Tracks, you must be insane. It's just like the original version except it's been rendered in orchestral quality. It's definitely my favorite version of the song by far.

:D Great comment, but I disagree with you. It's not like the original version. Well, it sounds a bit like it, but it lacks the soundtrack version's spirit, IMHO. When playing the game and the One-Winged Angel is playing, both FF7 and KH versions work perfectly with the battle, but if you try using either the Reunion or the FF Concert 2002 version of One-Winged Angel in the background while playing FF7's last battle, you'll lose a lot about the epicness because the orchestra version just isn't as hectic and aggressive.

I hope Nobuo Uematsu makes or has made a new arrangement of One-Winged Angel for Advent Children. After hearing OWA Reunion so many times in the trailers, it just doesn't have an impact on me anymore and it sounds so much used already that I'd rather hear a completely new arrangement of the song.