PDA

View Full Version : Aerith.....[spoilers for FF7, FFX, and FFX-2]

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Should they bring Aerith back to life in AC? Personally, I love her to death, and it'd be great for her to return, but it'd screw up the whole movie at hte same time. Kinda like in FFX-2 when they brought Tidus back. I loved it and was crying, but I also hated them for it later. XP

What do you think?

Captain Red
01-10-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure, it may disrupt the whole Cloud-Tifa thing, but it would be nice to have her back. I can see where you are coming from, and I agree.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Tidus's return was fine because he didn't really die; he just couldn't exist in that world any longer. Therefore, it seemed perfectly plausible when it became possible for him to be brought back. His disappearance wasn't a sacrifice for anything, either, so it didn't negate anything for him to come back. Bringing back Aeris would be profoundly stupid, however.

TheAbominatrix
01-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Tidus's return was fine because he didn't really die; he just couldn't exist in that world any longer. Therefore, it seemed perfectly plausible when it became possible for him to be brought back. His disappearance wasn't a sacrifice for anything, either, so it didn't negate anything for him to come back. Bringing back Aeris would be profoundly stupid, however.

Carnage
01-10-2005, 02:11 AM
She was an ancient so she never really died. Her Life stream stuff was diffrent. What makes you think she wont come back with new ancient magic and wisdom?

muha :cool:

Del Murder
01-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe they can go back in time to that moment and replace her with a life sized doll.

finalheaven
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
hmm im not sure.. it might be intresting if she did come back..or if she came back for a small time..no..i prefer her gone..falsh backs and clouds concious mind is fine for her appearence..but its kinda different with her and Tidu's return

Tama2
01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
It'll bebetter if she came back in more in a dream form or somethin like that.

Mirage
01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe they can go back in time to that moment and replace her with a life sized doll.

Roffel :P

Hawkeye
01-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Roffel :P
to the millenium fair! :D

Armisael
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
well i wouldn't like the movie if Aeris was coming back..Sephiroth killed her,so she should stay in her grave..not to mention that she is gonna ruin the relationship of Tifa-Cloud(hope they'll show something about it on the movie)

Polaris
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, let her dead...

malice
01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
not only would it screw up the movie but also the game, i say she should be well and truly gone, i have have nothing against her like.

DMKA
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM

Uniquris
01-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Maybe it will be nice to have to her back inn the movie and game but i think how they made her die made the story line pretty good but i agree with you that they should make her come bacl alive.

Mirage
01-12-2005, 11:42 PM
If anything, I think she'll appear in one of Cloud's crazy dreams, or in a flashback scene. I don't think she will be revived or anything.

BackRoomKid
01-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't know about a "crazy" dream but I'm pretty sure he has dreams about her...lol...yeah, dumb joke

Aeris' situation can't be compared to Tidus...those are completely different...
But if Aeris DOES come back...that'll be a shocker...honestly, I don't think Square can get away with that.

negareboshi
01-13-2005, 03:43 AM
i love aeris and would love to see her in the movie and all...but it might screw it up. but, if she isn't in the movie, then why is she in cgi? like on the EoFF front page, banner,and other images in general... isn't that pic of her from the movie? tidus and aeris are pretty different. don't compare them. another thing, why do some people say aeriTH and others aeriS? isn't the correct name aeris?

TheAbominatrix
01-13-2005, 03:47 AM
No one's saying she isnt in the movie. The scene is either a dream sequence or a flash back.

Both are correct. Play Kingdom Hearts.

Heartless
01-13-2005, 11:48 AM
If anything, I think she'll appear in one of Cloud's crazy dreams, or in a flashback scene. I don't think she will be revived or anything.
that's what i think too..

Shoden
01-13-2005, 09:03 PM
technically it was only a clone experiment thing of sephiroth that killed Aeris, but i think she should stay in the after life but come back in a dream of cloud or something.

Carnage
01-13-2005, 11:01 PM
She'll come back in one of those scenes where the main character gets knocked out and has a dream and someone close to him appears and tells him what to do and not to give up.

finalheaven
01-13-2005, 11:07 PM
not that i want her back.but what if she did ..like finally..and then she died..again...that would be slightly amusing...

Shoden
01-13-2005, 11:21 PM
ROFL!!! that would be cruelty to FF chars fans would be protesting and fighting and smoking and err you know the rest about protesting and mobbing.

BackRoomKid
01-14-2005, 07:58 AM
die again? lol...i guess that would be ironic :p

I just thought of a stereo-typical situation. "Movie Magic" I guess you can say. Aeris comes back, Tifa sees her...and she gets really mad because you know, she's thinking "Ah aw, Cloud's mine trick!". And then they start wrestling...and somehow end up in this mud puddle and things get "dirty." Cloud is just chillin' too...lol :rolleyes2

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened....remember the FFX-2 bath scene? C'mon, and the Message Scene? .....we can only hope...lol
EDIT
So this thread won't get closed ;) I'll write an actual serious opinion. Seeing how a likelyrevival of Sephorith might happen, I guess it's possible for Aeris to come back.

radyk05
01-15-2005, 08:09 PM
She'll come back in one of those scenes where the main character gets knocked out and has a dream and someone close to him appears and tells him what to do and not to give up

sephiroth0117
01-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I personally would love to see the real sephiroth and aerith all back in ff:AC..That would be real cool because i was heart broken when Aerith died by the hands of Sephiroth and Sephiroth by the hands of cloud. i think both sephiroth and aerith are the last of the ancients so they really didnt die. i cant wait.!!!!!!! :love:

TheAbominatrix
01-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Sephiroth is not an Ancient. And Ancients die just like everyone else.

starlet
01-23-2005, 06:25 AM
maybe they can do like southpark did back in the day..

Cloud: "Oh my god! They killed Aerith!"

Barret: "YOU BASTARD!"

See I even wrote the script for them!

That would be plain-out stupid and down-right dumb. :chef:

ShivaBlizzard8
01-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Or more like,

FF7 FANS: "Oh my God, Square brought back Aeris!"
TIFA LOCKHEART: "You bastards!"

LOL :p

Seriously though, I think a flashback/dream sequence would be fine. A ressurection? No thanks. Who wants to see a zombie Aeris anyway? ;)

I Don't Need A Name
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Aerith

why does every1 call her aerith its aeris AERIS!

TheAbominatrix
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM

I know it may be hard, ya know, since it's only in a million places and all, but both are correct.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Right - Aerith is the way her Japanese name was originally translated when the game came out in Japan, and Aeris is her North American name. This confusion took place because "th" and "s" are pronounced very similarly in Japanese.

Although the North American version of FF7 calls her Aeris, many other "official" translations, such as the Square soundtrack and the American version of Kingdom Hearts, call her Aerith, so both are technically correct and pretty much universally excepted. Like the FF5 translations, its really a matter of personal preference which one you use.

I Don't Need A Name
01-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Aeris looks better though

TheAbominatrix
01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Then you can use Aeris. And whoever wants to use Aerith can. The end.

Blue mage Cloud
01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
:weep: It was a true shock when Aeris died. If they could find a plausiable reason for Aeris's return, They should have her do so.

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
it depends whether you pronounce it aeris or aerees like i do. saying aerith just makes me sound like i have a lisp.

anyway as to the topic.....if they brought her back it should be as a 'higher power' rather than plain old aeris. and don't give her a square head this time!

Heartless Shadow
02-19-2005, 07:08 PM
i think they shloud bring aeris/aerith back.
i dont see a reason why they shouldent

Camanche
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Why... WHY... WHY do people want Aerith brought back? Aerith's death was scripted and meaningful to the game/plot/story. It was necessary, which is what makes it so powerful (and to some) tragic. Not to mention she really can't be brought back all things considered from the FFVII universe. She wasn't knocked out (KO'ed) in battle, she was killed- dead- kaput. And even Ancient powers don't save you from that baby. I'd love to see Aerith again, but only in flashbacks and dream sequences where she could contact other living characters (Cloud) through the Lifestream or whatever. I see NO point in magically bringing her back. What purpose would she serve?

The only reasons I see for anyone wanting her to come back make no sense to myself.

'sides... Cloud would have nothing to angst over in the movie if she did return, and then he'd be out of character or something. :p

EDIT: Just a question Heartless Shadow. You don't see why she shouldn't be brought back, and that's fine. But out of curiosity, why do you think she should?

Destai
02-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I dont want her reveived because it would be unrealistic and take away from the epicness (although theres so little complaints about Sephs rebirth)But I do want her presence to be felt in the same manner it was felt at the end of VII with the lifestream coming ot the rescue.

amratis
02-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Personally I prefer Aeris, but thats just me.

Hmm, I would like her to come back, but I dont actually think they should. Weird I know, let me explain.

It would end up being corny and rubbish if she came back. I just know. I want her back but I cant see it being done in an honest way. So she's better of where she is ultimately. But I love Aeris in the game, I hope she has some significant dialogue/part to play in AC

Camanche
02-20-2005, 04:24 AM
Heh, that's true about how no one complains about Sephiroth though. Well, except the Sephiroth thing is a whole lot more explainable. Sephiroth was born from Jenova cells. Years, and countless hours were spent on trying to perfect beings that could be considered 'clones' of him in terms of abilities. The SHM prove that some success has been achieved in this area. So, as Vincent states, with Jenova's nerve centre- her head- another Sephiroth could be created. My complaint about this is that technically, Sephiroth's true body is gone. So, unless his conciousness is SOMEHOW retrieved from the Lifestream, and his image is projected on to another human being, or Jenova alters and transforms a human being to look like him, he shouldn't be able to come back either. It is stated in the game that Jenova has the power to alter and transform her ad her host's appearences. (Tifa at the NC.) But at the end of the game it seems to me that the Lifestream erradicated Sephiroth's life essence. Weather the red substance was perhaps the essence of Jenova that was inside Sephiroth is up to speculation. If this is the case, then Sephiroth's life source could of returned to the Lifestream fairly peacefully I suppose.

The only thing I am not sure of, is how fast a living things conciousness is moved through the Lifestream and reborn into another living thing. If this is a slow process, then, in theory, Sephiroth could, in a rather round-about way, be brought back physically and mentally.) That's why, though I don't think he needs to come back, I could accept Sephiroth's return if these things are worked into the plot in some way.

Hell, for at least the first half of the game you are chasing a projection of Sephiroth made by Jenova. If Jenova is still around, and is still fighting against the Planet to survive, it could make sense for her to try and bring back her avatar of destruction to do her bidding and protect her until she can regroup herself and recover from the Planet's attempt to purge her from existence.

TheAbominatrix
02-20-2005, 04:25 AM
I complain about him coming back. I think it's terribly lame.

Camanche
02-20-2005, 04:38 AM
Heh, I'd have to agree. I'm glad to see flashbacks in order to revisit characters who are done and gone but bringing him back does kind of take away from the momentum of the game- the one many of us spent 70 hours + beating, in order to take out Sephiroth to save the world. To have him come back, again, makes the pain and suffering the party went through seem like nothing. (just like Aerith's return would make her pain, suffering and sacrifice seem like nothing.) But since he appearently already is, I can only try to thing of explanations that won't totally ruin the plot.

udsuna
02-20-2005, 04:41 AM
I gotta side with abominatrix (mind if I call you 'abby'?). He was DEAD, he should STAY dead. Otherwise, Aeris' sacrifice (it's pronounced heiress- which is symbolic) was worse than meaningless, it was STUPID. Her death gave a control to the lifestream- a human will to guide all that power. She became what Sephiroth wanted to be, a repository for all the strength of the planet.
Of course, that being said, what better excuse for ressurection do you need? I could see the conversation:
Aeris: "Hi guys"
Any character: "You... you're not dead!"
Aeris: "Well, I am sorta. But, I can make copies of myself from the lifestream. It's really cool. I can do whatever I want now."
Sephiroth: "Umm... well... this is ackward."
Aeris: "Guess what. I'm not going to kill you."
Sephiroth: "Really?"
Aeris: "Yep, now that I have the power, I won't LET you die."
Sephiroth: "This won't end well."

Luthien Rogue
03-01-2005, 03:43 AM
it depends whether you pronounce it aeris or aerees like i do. saying aerith just makes me sound like i have a lisp.
You pronounce both the same way, though: "Heir-riss"
Squall of SeeD wrote about this here: http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/aerithaeris.html

Rostum
03-01-2005, 04:13 AM
We've only seen very short footage of Sephiroth in Advent Children, we don't know for sure what role he'll be playing, do we?

FallenAngel411
03-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Aw, come on, Seph is Square's most popluar and cherished villain....and they know how to make money. There's like a 90% chance we'll be seeing him again, and not just in flashbacks. I can already hear the fanboy squeals echoing across the nation..... :eep:

As for Aeris, bringing her back to life would be incredibly cheesy, and I hope that even Square, with their penchant for occasional cheesy dialogue and story elements, can sense that it would be overkill. I wouldn't mind seeing Aeris in dreams or flashbacks....or even having her spirit return to help Cloud in some final epic battle or whatever, and then leave us with a final bittersweet goodbye......but yeah, ultimately, she should stay in her grave. Otherwise, the original game will lose a lot of meaning.

Shayo
03-09-2005, 04:16 AM
in ff7 sephiroth was dead but cloud revived him, so youd think aerith would be revived to, seeign how their both ancients and all

Squall of SeeD
03-09-2005, 04:55 AM
in ff7 sephiroth was dead but cloud revived him, so youd think aerith would be revived to, seeign how their both ancients and all

Sephiroth was not revived in Final Fantasy VII, nor was he an Ancient. JENOVA was not a Cetra.

Cloud72789
03-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Sephiroth was never dead. (Until the end when you kill him, of course.) He was just sealed. Kinda like in a sleep capsule-type thingy. :P At least that's what comes to my mind. :O_O: Cloud just took him out of that sleep.

Squall of SeeD
03-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Sephiroth was never dead. (Until the end when you kill him, of course.) He was just sealed. Kinda like in a sleep capsule-type thingy. :P At least that's what comes to my mind. :O_O: Cloud just took him out of that sleep.

I wouldn't even say that. There's never an indication given that the Black Materia had any resuscitation function. Sephiroth's body being inside that Mako crystal was likely just to draw on more Spirit Energy for the Summoning of Meteor.

CloudStrife48
03-10-2005, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't even say that. There's never an indication given that the Black Materia had any resuscitation function. Sephiroth's body being inside that Mako crystal was likely just to draw on more Spirit Energy for the Summoning of Meteor.

Now this is where I'm firstly going to disagree with you... I don't think Sephiroth was able to predict where he would land in the lifestream. He just somehow landed in the middle of that crystal and since he had that boundless mako around him, he decided to explore his ways. (which I don't know how that is possible since hes supposed to be unconscious I believe). now I will agree that with all that mako around him he was able to draw more Sprit Energy to project himself to "walk the earth" in the sense the game gives, I think he learned about Meteor and decided to use it. But of course none of my belief has any fact based evidence :(

amratis
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Aw, come on, Seph is Square's most popluar and cherished villain....and they know how to make money. There's like a 90% chance we'll be seeing him again, and not just in flashbacks. I can already hear the fanboy squeals echoing across the nation..... :eep:

Oh god I can too *imagines the Squii! sounds*

Seph will definetly be back I think, *points to above quote* He is the most popular villian and has a HUGE fan following, he's the most bankable character. He will be back and him Cloud will have a big showdown, fact. Because thats what the fanboys are drooling to see, and ok, I wouldnt mind seeing it either :D

On topic - I cant say anything I havent said before about what I think about Aeris coming back .etc. Check my earlier posts. :D

CloudStrife48
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Aeris is alive in a Spiritual sense in the movie... but no physical motive has been shown thus-far. :D this topic is over :tongue:

Destai
03-12-2005, 01:35 AM
I think she might be something of a narrarator. Not a large scale narrarator. Just an occasional comment.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I get the feeling that it will be much like (this is for Xenosaga by the way) Nephilim and Febronia. They often appear in spirit form and speak to Shion, I imagine much of the same effect will be achieved with Aeris.

crashNUMBERS
03-12-2005, 01:56 PM

http://eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56665

Nod
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
i prefer Aeris, whenever i read Aerith i feel like ive got a lisp :p