PDA

View Full Version : What is Penance?

TeamSlayer
01-10-2005, 01:50 AM
What is Penance, I know he's an extra super hard boss, but what monster is he? What does he look like? Thanks for the help.

Xander
01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I found these pictures don't know if this is any help.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/ff10/zz-Penance.jpg

http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/ff10/zz-Penance2.jpg

As for what sort of monster it actually is...I have no idea.

Ultima Shadow
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Possible monster types:

1) a big toy with extreme powers.
2) an extremely powerfull machine (machina).
3) "the final aeon" who got pissed off at Yuna and C:O for not using HIM to beat sin.
4) Alien.
5) Rayman. :cool: (c'mon! the arms are just like Raymans fists!!!)

redxiiii
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
:D Those are some good guesses but the final aeon won`t be PenanceBecause a summoner has to choose someone to become the final aeon and yuna did not However it`s possible it`s some kind of aeon (dark?) because it only appears after you have killed all dark aeons. :D

Wuggly Blight
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
There was versions of the dark Aeons but...

Spoiler: Zeon Died so penance could be his dark aeon version, but the good one is no longer around.

Old Manus
01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
GOD

TeamSlayer
01-10-2005, 07:36 PM
I appreciate the help especially the pictures. They do help a lot.
Does anyone know what attacks it uses?

01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
i dont remember fighting anyone like that. how do you encounter it?

Appless
01-11-2005, 12:07 AM
It's only in the PAL/International version. You have to defeat the dark Aeons first before its location comes up on the map. He has something like 12 million HP, is immune to everything, absorbs all elements including holy and all that.

These are his attacks:

Body

Immolation- Mental Break, Osmose, Armor Break, physical damage on one person.
Obliteration- Slow and physical damage to all.
Judgement Day- If both arms are there anytime in second half of battle, this move may occur and does 99999 damage to all no matter what.

Left Arm

Attack- Takes away all positive status ailments and physical damage is done onto one character.
Slowga- Slow effect on all people.
Mega-Graviton- It does Silence, Slow, Doom, Sleep, Darkness along with
Gravity attack taking away 43.75% of health to all.

Right Arm

Calamity- Curse, Darkness, Poison, Full-Break, Silence on one character.
Attack- Petrification and physical damage to one character.
Mighty Guard- Regen, Protect, Shell on all three parts of Penance.

I'm not sure if all of that's right since I still haven't beaten all the Dark Aeons. I just got that off several FAQs.

01-11-2005, 01:35 AM
immune to everything :eek: im glad i dont have the international version.

Kathryn
01-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Knock it off, right now ~Matty

Appless
01-11-2005, 05:58 AM
It can be Zanmato'd though.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
It can be Zanmato'd though.
But that's only for cheap cheaters. :)

Appless
01-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah but apparently he'll take over an hour to beat normally even with maxed stats. Once I face him I'll try beating him normally but if I can't win I'll try and Zanmato him.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah but apparently he'll take over an hour to beat normally even with maxed stats. Once I face him I'll try beating him normally but if I can't win I'll try and Zanmato him.
There's no point in fighting him at all if you don't want to fight him because of the challange. (my opinion)

In my opinion Zanmato should never have been made into the game. :mad:

Old Manus
01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I sense yet another 'Zanmato is for cheaters' thread appearing.

Appless
01-11-2005, 04:56 PM
This is pretty much the only situation where I would consider using it against an enemy. Besides none of the other enemies need it since most of them are fairly easy. This is just because it would be a huge waste of time to continuously fight him and lose. If that does happen where I keep losing, I would probably go for Zanmato.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
This is pretty much the only situation where I would consider using it against an enemy. Besides none of the other enemies need it since most of them are fairly easy. This is just because it would be a huge waste of time to continuously fight him and lose. If that does happen where I keep losing, I would probably go for Zanmato.
*sigh* no sense for challange... :(

Appless
01-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Fine then. I will beat him fair and square. Happy?

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:33 AM
But it looks *cool*:D

plus it's neat watching bite bugs bite it. I've never used it against a boss though. mostly because there are no bosses left by the time I get him to start using it often-_-

BackRoomKid
01-12-2005, 07:04 AM
So what do you get for beating this boss (he's in the monster arena correct?) Any special items of is it simply for those who want the challenge...

Appless
01-12-2005, 07:27 AM
He's not in the monster arena. He gets his own special location on the map like Sin.

You get some master spheres and 60 000 AP off him.

sayen
01-12-2005, 09:34 AM
He's not in the monster arena. He gets his own special location on the map like Sin.

You get some master spheres and 60 000 AP off him.

master sphears ang 60k ap whats the point you can get that much ap from fighting the anything eater in the monster arena. and if you have got maxed out stats whats the point in getting a master sphere when you can get it easy by winning blitzball loads id just use zamato on it instead of wasting time fighting a pointless boss. the only extra boss i everfound the point of killing where the weapons of ff7.

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Fine then. I will beat him fair and square. Happy?
Yes. :D

is it simply for those who want the challenge...
Yes! :cool:

master sphears ang 60k ap whats the point you can get that much ap from fighting the anything eater in the monster arena. and if you have got maxed out stats whats the point in getting a master sphere when you can get it easy by winning blitzball loads id just use zamato on it instead of wasting time fighting a pointless boss.
It's not pointless for those who enjoy cool and hard battles. But if you just want the AP... then... yes, it's pointless.

alexholker
01-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I've got to agree with Ultima Shadow: If you aren't fighting Penance for the items, you aren't fighting him for the AP, and you aren't fighting him for the challenge, why bother fighting him at all? Using Zanmato on an optional boss if you don't want anything you can get from that boss just seems pointless.

Alex

sayen
01-12-2005, 01:31 PM
score me 1 lunatic people fighting pointless boss 0

BackRoomKid
01-12-2005, 10:58 PM
ONE MORE QUESTOIN! haha....

Now that the details are being revealed...now I need to know: Is this PENANCE guy only available in the INTERNATIONAL VERSION???

If so....that sux...cuz I wanna play him for the challenge...seeing my game, it is HIGLY likely to be internation but you know how you need someone to let you know even if it is by way of flaming...lol

Appless
01-12-2005, 11:33 PM
He's in International and the normal PAL version.

BackRoomKid
01-13-2005, 12:22 AM
normal PAL version? You mean normal for you...I live in America so and we don't get that version right? like the NTSC version I think...

Well, maybe I can import if from the UK...if my PS2 could play it

Appless
01-13-2005, 02:06 AM
You'd have the NTSC version. You're PS2 won't be able to play a copy from the UK 'cos it would be PAL. The only way you could play it would be to either bur a PAL PS2 or get a mod chip so that you can play PAL games. Also I think you'd have to make sure that you're TV is PAL compatible.

Adam 77
01-13-2005, 10:45 PM
I Definitely fighted penance for the challenge he is by far the best challenge of the game :) i beat penance the normal way it took me ages to beat him tho but it was worth it. His best move is by far judgement day that move is very annoying make sure you kill the arms first :mad:. And I agree with ultima knight zanmato should not be on the game it makes it to easy that way, i love a good challenge and penance is no exception :D

Ultima Shadow
01-14-2005, 07:50 AM
And I agree with ultima knight
It's Ultima Shadow... :sweatdrop But you can call me "Ultima" if you want. But except that... I agree with you 100%!!! :D

Adam 77
01-17-2005, 04:13 PM
silly me and yeah ill call u ultima from now on ;)