PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Bugs/Glitches

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
today i was fighting Ultimecia's last form when all of a sudden the whole screen turned orangey :eek: . it's hard to explain, but it's kind of like ultra-violet vision or something that would resemble what Predator would see. n-e-ways, when i switched to the other channels, they were normal. i would've beaten the whole game while it was in orange mode but i stopped 'cause i thought it would mess up my disc if i went any further.

Wolfmeister
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
how come? I never experience that thing....

this is not an error but quite odd if you check the student panel at the classroom to view Selphie's page the option "What a pain" is still there :D

Xzirox
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Might´ve been a scrathc on the disc? Or your PlayStation is messed up? Im sure theres a simple explanation to it...

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 08:39 PM
no, it's not a scratch. i take good care of my FF games. i had Edea in my party at the time and the colors changed when i had her cast Meteor on Ultimecia.

rcabronx
01-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok this has happened to me too! sometimes, even just fighting regular fiends it happens, and the colors get all distorted. I immediately save, and reload...Now, are you playing FF8 on a PS2? Cuz that's what I think it is. It NEVER did that ever once when I had the PS1. Only started after I got PS2.... I thought it was my machine or sumthin.... maybe it's just a freaky PS2 glitch? :confused:

TheSpoonyBard
01-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Check all the wires connecting your PS2 and your TV. Sometimes something as small as a little nudge will correct any connection faults that might be causing the clouring of the screen to become distorted.

Slade
01-10-2005, 10:36 PM
That happened to me too. I was facing....err...mutve bin Griever and i used Renzukoken, as you do, and Lionheart came up. As soon as it said Lionheart and blue electricity surrounded Squall, all the pixelated characters when weird and some of their pixels were black! They looked so funny when they were doing magic and the screen went close up to their faces. Anyhow, the weirdest part was I got rid of the pixels by summoning.....I summoned with one character to see wether it would go and it did, but only on the character that summoned. So i did it with the other: same. Griever took it off himself by doing shockwave pulsar and Squall was the only one left with black pixels and i left him like that :D ....it didnt change the end of the game at all....as soon as the battle was over he was back. It was definatly a weird moment tho.....and i agree that it has to be something to do with playing it on PS2 cause thats what it happened on. ;)

Coda
01-10-2005, 10:57 PM
no, it's not a scratch. i take good care of my FF games. i had Edea in my party at the time and the colors changed when i had her cast Meteor on Ultimecia.

Well were u usin a game shark? Why would you have edea fight ultemicia?!?!?! Doesn't anyone else see the problem

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok this has happened to me too! sometimes, even just fighting regular fiends it happens, and the colors get all distorted. I immediately save, and reload...Now, are you playing FF8 on a PS2? Cuz that's what I think it is. It NEVER did that ever once when I had the PS1. Only started after I got PS2.... I thought it was my machine or sumthin.... maybe it's just a freaky PS2 glitch? :confused:

yeah, i was playin on my PS-2. there was another glitch when i played the game again and it happened when i fought Ultimecia. Edea was in my party and everyone was on Aura so they all look golden. about halfway in defeating Ultimecia, the game went nuts. the character's faces were like blogs and it looks like the pixels went out of place.

TasteyPies
01-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Some pixels of the charicters will turn black and other glitches may appear when you use a code to alter your charicter(s). Like giving squall a new uniform or putting Edea in your party.

P.s. Put that gameshark down and get rid of the sorceress. This will most likely fix your problem.

rubah
01-10-2005, 11:20 PM
I had some weird color issues when I was playing random battles in Esthar. I think it was an Elnoyle and it cast Pain and the entire thing went like, pink. But it fixed itself after the battle was over.

oh, and it's hardly a bug, but I hate how the machine tries to smoothly make the words in white (I dont' remember what it says, but right when you load the game, white on black) appear. But usually it just goes really choppy with like really low framerate:/ it hasn't come up smoothly in months.

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Some pixels of the charicters will turn black and other glitches may appear when you use a code to alter your charicter(s). Like giving squall a new uniform or putting Edea in your party.

P.s. Put that gameshark down and get rid of the sorceress. This will most likely fix your problem.

i don't know if i can take out Edea. i'm missing my GameShark. there was never any real problems with my game until two days ago. plus, i've had Edea for quite a while.

Shoden
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
ive done FF8 twice on the Ps2 the 2nd time i used cheats for 99 of all items all magic and max gil. it never glitched it worked fine all the way through even when i used a copied disc i think it maybe the disk or the laser reader refusing to read it properly its wuite common eith Ps1 games it wont even load up my FF7.

Bisithorious
01-12-2005, 05:53 PM
That's happened to me loads of times. All happening during battle. I wasn't using any cheats, and most of the time I wasn't doing any special moves. Sometimes the battle would just start like that.

The first time it happened to me, it was after I used Ifirit. I didn't think anything special about it.

TheSpoonyBard
01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
The moral of this story? Don't cheat :D It does bad things to your game.

DJZen
01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I think it's a PS2 bug. I've never even used a gameshark and I had this happen to me. It usually clears up pretty soon. Basically the texture maps just have the wrong colors pallettes.

Shoden
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
try using it morfe often so your console adapts to the game then it will work better than normal.

rubah
01-13-2005, 12:10 AM
*coughs*

I've found that my ps2 reacts *worse* after I've had it in and playing it often for a while. If I knew what ps1's behaved like, I'd say it was starting to behave like that instead of how it should be, but I don't, so I won't.

maybe it'll be cool after I go back from ffx.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 04:46 PM
hmm maybe its the discs as none of the people i know have ever experienced problems with PS2 and FF8

TheSpoonyBard
01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I've noticed that when I soft-reset FFVIII on my PS2 the screen displaying "Produced by SquareSoft" flashes on and off and remains on screen much longer than usual. Everything else is fine.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 08:58 PM
that happens to me aswell, you need to hit start or X repeatly.

DJZen
01-16-2005, 04:05 AM
try using it morfe often so your console adapts to the game then it will work better than normal.

WHAT?!