PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the purchase?

Peek
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
The title sounds stupid, but hear me out.

I've played, and re-played, this sensational game. Though, I sold my Playstation 1, along with all my games, and a year later, got a Playstation 2, with FFX.

Now I'm wondering, I've seen it all, done it all, and don't know if I should do it all again. Don't get me wrong, it is definitly one of the best, if not THE best game ever made in video gaming history.

I downloaded some FFVII midi's for a site I created, and as soon as I heard the boss-battle song it occured to me to try and find it and buy it immediatly.

That was 3 weeks ago, and my searching has been to no avail. Even the top Australian game purchaing websites don't have it any more, nor is it possible to back order.

So, I was wondering if it's still worth the hunting, especially after playing FFVIII, FFIX and FFX all the way through, respectively.

If your answer is yes, then please see to it that your memory serves me well in finding a site to buy, and import the game, to Australia.

If you're going to help me, I say this;
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yours,
Peek

Wuggly Blight
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Yes, ff7 has an extremely LONG lifespan I bought it in 97 and I still play it! Its always fun to pick it up and do it again that bit better and the bits you missed.

kazu
01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Yes! And try ebay? Most probably ship worldwide (unless Australia has PAL or different region?)

rubah
01-11-2005, 01:04 AM
It's not too hard to find.

I got it off amazon six months ago with about five minutes of looking. Not sure how that correlates to your being in Australia, but you could look at the place that sells it through amazon and see if they ship there outside of that.

ShunNakamura
01-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Peek I feel your pain. It took me a over two years to secure a copy of FFVII and then it was by luck. The local DVD store(also sold some games but not many) had a copy of FFVII hidden behind alot of other junk in the back of their unpopular eisle... I got lucky and saw a game I thought my bro would like for christmas and started flipping through the other discs and spotted it in the very back.

However I didn't do much internet searching.. internet is cool and all but I don't trust buying over it.

Crazy the Clown
01-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I bought my copy in 2002, and I still ain't beaten it. But I ain't given up, either.

Sr. Tobias
01-12-2005, 10:19 PM
it's totally worth the buy, even if it's just to someday claim "I have all the final fantasies" and make everyone else go "oooooooh", including ur grandkids, to whom u bought the recent final fantasy XXIX for virtuarealstation3 (or something)
and if I may... I suggest u get ur fatass off ur chair (or slimass, but fatass has such a stronger impact), and walk around downtown, trying to find a specialized videogame store, not a big known one, but th little ones located in alleys, owned by some indeed fat everything-that's-cult addict (u know, like that guy from comic store, in the simpsons)... u might be surprised...

DMKA
01-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I bought it in 1998. :)

Umm, yeah, it's not hard to find. I see it at the store even, for like $10.

Peek
01-13-2005, 03:36 AM
it's totally worth the buy, even if it's just to someday claim "I have all the final fantasies" and make everyone else go "oooooooh", including ur grandkids, to whom u bought the recent final fantasy XXIX for virtuarealstation3 (or something)
and if I may... I suggest u get ur fatass off ur chair (or slimass, but fatass has such a stronger impact), and walk around downtown, trying to find a specialized videogame store, not a big known one, but th little ones located in alleys, owned by some indeed fat everything-that's-cult addict (u know, like that guy from comic store, in the simpsons)... u might be surprised...

If you bothered to read the first post clearly, you'd see that I've already looked at every game store I know, and I don't know many internet stores, just that my cousin always buys PS2 games off www.gamesmarket.com.au , but they don't have FFVII.

Plus, I'm far too busy in the real world to be going too far out of my way to find a games store, so internet buying is the best option for me.

Going for a surf
baba

Sr. Tobias
01-13-2005, 12:54 PM
If you bothered to read the first post clearly, you'd see that I've already looked at every game store I know

yes, I bothered to read the first post, and I even bothered to read every post (I do that so I don't say some stupid crap somebody already has said), and I meant a store u DON'T know, just explore... but if u're so busy, never mind...

Dr.K
01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Don't know how useful this is, but i had a quick look at the australian ebay site, and this (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11056&item=8160942073&rd=1) is one of quite a few auctions involving FFVII

Good luck in acquiring your masterpiece - and yes, 'tis most definitely worth it

MohA
01-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Peek: Have you looked at KMart? or Electronic Boutic? about three months ago (I think) I saw FFVII at EB! Maybe you should ask EB they would know best.

lord shishio
01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
The game is definately worth it, unfortunately, I don't know where you can get it, mabye best buy? I don't actually own a copy myself, but I borrowed a copy from "Chaos knight".

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 11:43 PM
there is no Final Fantasy game that is not worth the pruchase...buy it!

Lacuna16
01-14-2005, 12:28 AM
The Wal-Mart that I go to carries it along with Tactics as well. So if you have one near you they may also carry it.

Peek
01-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Don't know how useful this is, but i had a quick look at the australian ebay site, and this (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11056&item=8160942073&rd=1) is one of quite a few auctions involving FFVII

Good luck in acquiring your masterpiece - and yes, 'tis most definitely worth it

You beauty, you're a legend mate. I browsed eBay for an hour or so, and am now waiting about 3 hours for my bid to win, paying $AU 14.00 for FFVII! (about US$25.00)

I also scored Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for AU$9.00, (about US$ 16.00).

Great, thanks.

yes, I bothered to read the first post, and I even bothered to read every post (I do that so I don't say some stupid crap somebody already has said), and I meant a store u DON'T know, just explore... but if u're so busy, never mind...
If you read my first post clearly I said I went to every game store I know. I'm sorry if I don't know where game stores I don't know about reside.

And yes I am busy, which is why I haven't explored my city to find little corner shops for a PS1 game I won't have much time to play over the coming months.

MohA
01-15-2005, 12:32 PM
$14.00 AUS that's very good!! but don't you mean $25.00 AUS which is $14.00 US ?! Whatever the prices is it's always worth it though.
Also, which city are you in anyway?