PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Responses

theundeadhero
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Most of us here have probably had an emotional response brought about by a video game. Somewhere in an RPG someone has made us laugh, or mad us mad, or something made us sad. A few weeks ago I was playing GrowLanser generations and I felt a new one, complete, utter terror. It was one of the weirdest things thats happened to me in a while. In the game there is a wold like creature named Sereb. This game has voice acting and his voice sounds exactly like the wolf on the movie Never Ending Story. Now, as a kid I was terrified of that wolf, I used to lay awake at night sometimes scared he was going to come and eat me or something. Years ago I got over that fear. When I see the movie it still creeps me out a little bit but no fear at all. I don't know what it was about this game, but when I heard him talk all that fear came rushing back to me in an instant. I'm not sure what it was but I broke out in a cold sweat, eyes wide, and fully alert in a matter of milliseconds. I guess it was because I didn't expect him to talk at all and then all the sudden he jumps out and speaks in that voice. It was definately a memorable experience.

SeeDRankLou
01-10-2005, 11:26 PM
A more recent one, I was playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the first time. It was that scene near the beginning where the pirates are catapulting link into the Forsaken Fortress. Their aim is slightly off, and he rams into a wall, makes this hilarious face, and falls into the water. I about fell out of my chair laughing. The next line of text stayed there for about two mintues. Oh, good times.

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Zelda the Wind Waker invoked th emotion of unending boredom.

Levian
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Forbidden Siren and Resident Evil Outbreak made me feel anger. TOO HARD. :mad:

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-10-2005, 11:54 PM
FF VII, made me sad when Areis died, seriously i was sad/mad. I still say "Phoenix Down anyone?" But yeah, I got terror from movies (go figure). It was I, Robot, If anyone played Galarians:Ash, it was a lot similar. That's what scared me the most. I never got far in it, but I was still disturbed. I was like..."Maybe it is possible" *shivers*.

Del Murder
01-11-2005, 01:32 AM
NBA Street 2 gave me the emotion that can only be described as 'balla'.

kikimm
01-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Ah, yes. Just today, when I was playing Final fantasy IX. I was at the part where Garnet is almost about to be crowned Queen, and Freya, Eiko, Zidane, and...someone else are all standing looking up at her, saying goodbye. Zidane doesn't say anything, even though her really wants to, sne Garnet as well. For some reason, I almost started crying. Just the thought of that makes me really sad. If I was in that position....ick. Ah, well. I'm too much of a softie, I guess.

:D

Cless
01-11-2005, 04:32 AM
The first time I played Metal Gear Solid, I remember the scene when Sniper Wolf shoots Meryl really touching me. I could feel my hairs standing on end because of it. It was so sad :cry:.

Other games that have worked their way into my emotions are: Ico (the ending all but had me in tears), Fatal Frame (for making every hair on my body stand on end!), FF6 (Cele's suicide attempt), 7(Aeris's death) , 9 (When Garnet cuts off her long hair and the ending) , 10 and 10-2 (Tidu's and Yuna's relationship) and Tales of Phantasia (sorrow and anger when Cless and Chesters village gets wiped out)

I LOVE games that get you emotionally involved! :love: And that is probably why I love the Final Fantasy series as it achieves this effect consistantly.

Symphonic
01-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Beyond Good and Evil,After the end of the game when it shows that Pey'j is still infected by the DomZ I was like, OH CRAP.
Tales of Symphonia even though I saw something like it coming That idiot Kratos being a traitor

black orb
01-12-2005, 04:23 AM
>>> There are few games made me laugh, cry, etc. One of them was Genso Suikoden..
I love to get emotionally involved with RPG games, that makes the gaming experience more enjoyable.

fire_of_avalon
01-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Today I was re-playing Chrono Cross,
The part where you have to fight Miguel in the Dead Sea and he's all talking and dying and the kids are dead and everything is SO SAD and I cry. And that totally happens a lot.

krissy
01-12-2005, 06:05 AM
spoiler

sniper wolf death in mgs

music was just perfect. im gay.