PDA

View Full Version : Question about after you beat FFX

The Chocobo Warrior
01-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I have a question about after you beat FFX and restart it again (Meaning, turning the game off and then turning it back on again)

Do you get to travel all over Spira? Or are you only restricted to that one place you are at before you fight Sin? Please tell me that you get to go all over Spira after you beat FFX, because i want to check out the movie place in Luca and run all over Besaid Island again as Tidus and not have to do it with Yuna in FFX2 (Don't think i hate it. I like it. I just want to be able to explore Spira with Tidus also.) (Oh, and i meant traveling around Spira like FFX2 where you are in the airship and you just pick a location in Spira and you go there. Can you do that after you beat FFX?)

Thanks for any answer.

01-11-2005, 01:32 AM
no cause the last save spot is a while back before that big thing falls in front of you and you have to play a minigame. you dont save after you beat the game.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
^Okay, so, that place where the last save spot is...From there, is it possible to travel all over Spira via the airship or some other method?

UltimateSpamGrover
01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
yes, just go back to the first save spot in Sin and go to "Board Airship"

01-12-2005, 02:27 AM
well that has nothing to do with beating the game really. you can board the airship anytime you have a save sphere anyway.

Mirage
01-12-2005, 02:35 AM
Yes, your last save will be from before you beat the game. It's not possible for the game to know whether or not you actually beat it, as that data will never be saved.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-12-2005, 10:42 AM
^Thanks!

So, from when i get the airship and so on, i can travel around Spira for all i want? I can go to Besaid and run around the entire place?
Also, will Yuna and the rest be there as well?
Um....When you beat the game, or just before you beat the game, are you allowed to travel to Bevelle and roam around as if you owned the entire place?

Mirage
01-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Why don't you just go check for yourself? ;o

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
i remember (very vagely) seeing this at a friends place about a year or two ago and in luca (i think) there was this place where you could watch every FMV you experienced anybody know if this place exist and where it is

Old Manus
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM
It's in Luca. Go to Luca from the airship and go down one screen, continue along, and take first left, et voila! You are at the Sphere Theatre.

Um....When you beat the game, or just before you beat the game, are you allowed to travel to Bevelle and roam around as if you owned the entire place?
After you beat the final boss, the ending FMV comes on, and then the credits. After that you get the familiar 'THE END' screen, which never disappears. You have to reset the game and start at your last save. You can roam around as if you own the place before you fight the final boss, but cannot go to Bevelle.

Xander
01-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Since you mentioned about checking out the movie place in Luca, a good idea is (if you can't afford all the movies) to sell ALL your gear, like every single weapon you have etc, so you have enough money to buy all the movies, and then save there in a new save file. Then you can keep that save file as your movie viewing file ^^ But carry on the main game in a file before you sold stuff. That's what I did.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Okay then. I see.

To Mirage: I didn't beat the game yet. Heck, i still have yet to beat the big gun tank thing and the little buzzer thing that Rikku's brother unleashes onto you in the Machilna woods. (Meaning, i have yet to even START fighting Seymour for the first time)

So....Why can't you go to Bevelle?

Xander: Okay, so you are saying: When you get to the savesphere before Sin, you go to Luca and save there, and you then make another saves file and turn the game off and then turn the game back on (Or lose in a random battle) and go to the 2nd save file and sell all the gear and then you can buy all the movies and watch it? That sounds cool. I wonder if this plan can also work in FFX-2, where you can make a 2nd saves file (Both are before you face Vegnagun) and you choose the 2nd saves file and you sell everything you own and go to Luca and buy all the movies.

rubah
01-13-2005, 12:33 AM
You can't go in because the game won't let you.

wha.

I prefer to earn money through fighting in the monster arena+selling that equipment. Gotta do it anyways, and I don't need more than six million gil.

You can do it in ffx-2 all you want. As long as you have more than one space on your card, remember which is which, and realize that there's really only like a handful of fmvs that you can watch in x-2.

Mirage
01-13-2005, 11:12 AM
You won't need to worry about money in FFX-2, because S-E did a farkup. O'aka sells you stuff at an extreme discount, and you can sell it for more than you bought it for in the same room.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
^Okay, i got it. Once you get the airship, you can travel around Spira to your hearts conent, even after you beat the game.

Um...Okay, one more question in FFX2:
Does Tidus ever come back? (Yes, i know he comes back in the good and perfect ending) i mean, after you beat the game, does it place Tidus in the game to show: "You've already beaten the game". I picture it as like Tidus is there in the airship and you can talk to him anytime you wanted (and you have list of options of what you want to talk to him about) It would be sad that the only time we see Yuna and Tidus reunite is if we beat the game and we get to see the good or perfect ending.

rubah
01-14-2005, 12:39 AM
"It would be sad that the only time we see Yuna and Tidus reunite is if we beat the game and we get to see teh good or perfect ending"

Bingo! Right in one

01-14-2005, 01:44 AM
I picture it as like Tidus is there in the airship and you can talk to him anytime you wanted (and you have list of options of what you want to talk to him about) i would like that.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Wait, are you both telling me that the only way we'll ever see Tidus and Yuna reunite is if we see the good and/or perfect ending after beating Vegnagun?
So, if i wanted to see Yuna with Tidus, I'd have to fight Vegnagun AND Shuyin!?

That sucks. Why? Why did sony (Or square) do this to us? If they could not program Tidus to talk to Yuna about random things, at least they could have programmed him in the airship and say "Hi, Yuna." or have Yuna be able to go to the Farplane via Guadosalam (sp?) and see the image of Tidus there.

alexholker
01-14-2005, 03:37 PM
So, if i wanted to see Yuna with Tidus, I'd have to fight Vegnagun AND Shuyin!?It's either that, or play FFX again.

That sucks. Why? Why did sony (Or square) do this to us? If they could not program Tidus to talk to Yuna about random things, at least they could have programmed him in the airship and say "Hi, Yuna."Because the whole reason Yuna joined the Gullwings was because she wanted to find him. If he was just sitting in the airship, that would make for a very short game. It would mess with the storyline a bit, wouldn't it?

or have Yuna be able to go to the Farplane via Guadosalam (sp?) and see the image of Tidus there.Would she really want to go and see proof that he was dead?

Alex

Old Manus
01-14-2005, 08:49 PM
You have to fight Vegnagun and Shuyin anyway.

The Chocobo Warrior
01-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Because the whole reason Yuna joined the Gullwings was because she wanted to find him. If he was just sitting in the airship, that would make for a very short game. It would mess with the storyline a bit, wouldn't it?

I meant AFTER you beat FFX2 and you restart it, there could be a suprise where you find that by beating the game, the game in a way "unlocks" Tidus and he's there on the airship. Yes, i know if Yuna waltzed into the airship and found Tidus sitting there playing poker with a deck of cards with Wakka then it would have been a very short game.

alexholker
01-15-2005, 05:23 AM
I meant AFTER you beat FFX2 and you restart it, there could be a suprise where you find that by beating the game, the game in a way "unlocks" Tidus and he's there on the airship. Yes, i know if Yuna waltzed into the airship and found Tidus sitting there playing poker with a deck of cards with Wakka then it would have been a very short game.I see what you're saying, but it would mean that the storyline when using the "new game plus" after getting the perfect finish would have to be different to the story the first time you played.

Alex