PDA

View Full Version : Malboros

theundeadhero
01-11-2005, 01:14 AM
On disk 3 after you get the Ragnorak but before you go back to Edea's house, is it still possible to fight Marlboros in Esthar? The monsters have already been replaced with the stronger ones from the moon. If not here than is there anywhere I can gight them. I still need some Marlboro tentacles. (Yes, I know it's really spelled Malboros, but meh...)

theundeadhero
01-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Is that the one on the left or right?

rubah
01-11-2005, 02:41 AM
the right. near esthar.

and it's really malboro. But marlboro is so much more cooler+a statment ;)

just remember your x4statdef junctions- confuse, berserk, sleep, and something else (bio, blind, esuna, death/full life, holy)

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/2152/ff8map.jpg
They are actually easier to find on Island Closest to Heaven.

Xzirox
01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Island closest to heaven is where I fought all my Malboros. They are at level 100 though, so I used that Level Down ability until they were pathetically easy.

CORRECTION: All monsters on Island Closest to Hell / Heaven and all bosses (or so Ive heard), are at the same level as the character with highest level.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I fought all mine on the Island Closest to Hell - they were so powerful, however, I just boosted my Luck stats and waited for Odin to show up, which he did about every other battle or so. He'd vanquish the Malburro, i'd get my tentecles, and I'd save my game and try again. Easy. I ended up with a ton of those things.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
CORRECTION: All monsters on Island Closest to Hell / Heaven and all bosses (or so Ive heard), are at the same level as the character with highest level.
Nope, YOU are wrong.
Omega Weapon and the creatures on the Island Closest to Hell and Heaven are permanent at level 100.

Xzirox
01-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Im quite sure Ive read/heard somewhere that all enemies/bosses are the same level as your character with the highest levels.

And im almost certain i remember meeting enemies on ICtH that wasnt level 100...Apparently, Im misstaken :-/

Rusty
01-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Yep, the Island closest to Heaven and Hell are the places to find them. I found there was more on the Island closest to Heaven though.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Im quite sure Ive read/heard somewhere that all enemies/bosses are the same level as your character with the highest levels.

And im almost certain i remember meeting enemies on ICtH that wasnt level 100...Apparently, Im misstaken :-/
All but Omega Weapon and the enemies on those 2 islands level with your characters... if you play the PS version.

Rinoa_Galatea
01-11-2005, 04:30 PM
You can have Malboro's Tentacles with 'Mug' XD That's how I got mines XD

'Mug'
'Mug'
'Mug'
'Mug'! XDXDXDXDXD

ChaosCalibur
01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Avoid fighting Malboros at all costs! You're better off trying to win them as cards

boris no no
01-11-2005, 05:28 PM
malboros (marlboros!! thats so cool!) are my favourite baddie in all FFs!! i love them!! :love:
i just went to the islands closest to heaven/hell and mugged! so handy!!
:love: :love: :love: irvine!! :love: :love: :love:

Braindead_Paul
01-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Avoid fighting Malboros at all costs! You're better off trying to win them as cards
Why? That would take forever!

You can also find Malboros (a lot of them) in the area around the final Chocobo Forest (something like Grandid Forest) and on Esthar Plains. I don't know if they're at Level 100 there...

Flashback007
01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Nope, YOU are wrong.
Omega Weapon and the creatures on the Island Closest to Hell and Heaven are permanent at level 100.

Is that so? I always tought that the creatures on the Island Closest to Hell and Heaven are at the same level as the charachters. And that Omega Weapon always was at 100. By the way there doesn't excist a level 100, it's level 99 then. And Malboro's are very very easy. I never had a problem with them after I did the freeing of Rinoa

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Is that so? I always tought that the creatures on the Island Closest to Hell and Heaven are at the same level as the charachters. And that Omega Weapon always was at 100. By the way there doesn't excist a level 100, it's level 99 then. And Malboro's are very very easy. I never had a problem with them after I did the freeing of Rinoa
YOU are ALSO way wrong. :tongue:
In FFVIII, the max level is 100 and not 99! And, yes... the creatures on those islands are always at level 100.

rubah
01-12-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't know about you, but in my game, it goes up to level 100.

which is why you junction statdef=death when fighting omega;)

Marlboros are annoying before you have doomtrain. but you need to get the stupid tentacles to get him.

However, soon it's easy to demolish their 142000 hp (or 140000 if you want to devour them:D really easy, because they have demi:D Spr+ on the house!!)

Flashback007
01-12-2005, 08:44 AM
YOU are ALSO way wrong. :tongue:
In FFVIII, the max level is 100 and not 99! And, yes... the creatures on those islands are always at level 100.

Well, ok, but I think I am right from the laughable easy Malboro's. After that event which I named earlier I beated then after three turns. They were really easy. I don't know what I used. But they were very very easy. I think there are harder monsters troughout the games, like Behemots etc. Or that boss-related monsters from Evrea.

theundeadhero
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Stat- Attack junction with break make behemoth = one hit wonders.

Iceglow
01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
put pain on stat def junction teanm it up with 2 or 3 other spells and kick ass

Cuchulainn
01-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Malboro's are satan's wenches...only way u can hoper to beat them is Junction Bezerk to status defence & have 'Treatment' then pound it quick & fast. The most difficult monster in the game, the only 1 to have me saying 'fcuk no' as i seen it. The Exp & Tenticles arent worth it, if u need the Tenticles, junction 'Initiative' to a character with 'Mug' Steal & Run. </3 malboros :/

PS: they can be rarely found on the 2 Heaven & Hell islands & Grandidi Forest.

rubah
01-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Dude, marlboros are *very* worth it.

berserk+confuse+sleep status guard isn't too hard to have,

Sometimes they drop the mag+60 (I think. Maybe it's +40) item,

Whittle them down with THEIR OWN DEMI to about 2000 hp and devour for easy (but drawn out^^) spirit+1.

and they're just about the thing I run into the most often on island closest to heaven.

nords2
01-27-2005, 01:44 PM
All I do to stomp all over malboros is junction qusitis to protect from silence, berserk, sleep and confuse. Mug to get tentacles and the use her limit break degenerator to win. The End. I got my tentacles in a couple of fights. Easy.