PDA

View Full Version : Bahamut Zero...at the dig site?!?! *spoilers somewhat*

katana
01-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Okay, on my last play through, I missed the big materia you get by stopping the train. I did get the other three, though, but for someone reason I didn't receive Bahamut Zero. So at the dig site I was looking for the Midgar key, and actually dug up Bahamut Zero!! What is with this?! Is the game glitched or something? In all my playthroughs I have never encountered something like this!

Raistlin
01-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Any summons you miss throughout the first two discs can be dug up at Bone Village. This also goes for some items, I believe.

UltimaLimit
01-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Raistlin's right, and while I can't remember any specific items, I do remember that you can also dig up W-Item if you missed it.

EDIT: Wait, I remember: I've dug up Cid's Mop. (Stupid name.) And a couple of other semi-valuable things. Mostly you just get Potions and crap if you don't know where to dig.

katana
01-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the help. I had no idea about that, so it just confused the hell out of me...

finalheaven
01-11-2005, 09:02 AM
really1 gosh i didnt know that..cool^_^

UltimaLimit
01-12-2005, 01:08 AM
If you didn't know, dig where the X is on the bottom level (near the ladder). After getting a couple of other things like Mop, you should unearth W-Item. Try to get as close to the center of the X as you can. My advice is screw where the "line of sight" meets and just hire one guy, then stand on the middle of the X.

Lacuna16
01-14-2005, 12:23 AM
As far as I know, the only materia you can dig up is Bahamut Zero. Cid's Mop is always there along with a weapon for Vincent, (can't remember name), and a few other items that aren't worth the frustration.

honnaja
02-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding Bahamut Zero. Could you tell me exactly where you dug it up please?

By the way, you don't need to select any diggers. I find them of little help so just choose 'done' when asked to place a digger. You can dig for free this way, though I just use it to save time.

:)

The weapon here for Vincent is his 'Buntline' which is at the right on the top level.
W-Item is apparently here too in the same place as the mop.
I can't seem to find Bahamut Zero though..

Shoden
02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
where abouts did you find him

DJZen
02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
What bugs me is that I never got the Contain materia. I spent a lot of gil there, but I never came across it.

Shoden
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
the best thing i found was the W-item materia

SomethingBig
02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
By the way, you don't need to select any diggers. I find them of little help so just choose 'done' when asked to place a digger. You can dig for free this way, though I just use it to save time.
Sure you do. When you want to dig in a specific spot, you need a digger.

UltimaLimit
02-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I tried using no diggers, but it didn't work for me.

What bugs me is that I never got the Contain materia. I spent a lot of gil there, but I never came across it.I feel your pain, man. The exact same thing happened to me. I started over becasue I wanted to get more than one Master Magic materia.

Sepho
02-04-2005, 02:50 AM
You can't miss out on the Contain materia. You can get it at any point from the time you are able to visit Mideel (even after it is destroyed).

honnaja
02-04-2005, 06:17 AM
When you ask for the men to dig it comes up with two options:
1) Order a search
2) Done
If you select done (i.e: not requesting any diggers) it will then ask you to ignite the bomb (square) then you place Cloud where you want the digging to take place and you will see a digger digging there. You really don't need to mess about arranging diggers all over the place :)

I got Contain materia from Mideel after it had been destroyed. I imagine you can get it there before that as someone suggested. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put that here though, even though the title indicates spoilers..

Where was Bahamut Zero Katana...?

sayen
02-04-2005, 11:46 AM
in the item shop there is chocbo give some greens of you got the right ones then scrach it behind the ears it will give you contain materia.

Sepho
02-04-2005, 12:06 PM
And the have to be Mimett Greens ;)

Shoden
02-14-2005, 06:38 PM
if you tell me ill tell ya where the midgar key is

Sword
02-25-2005, 05:52 PM
This is a cool tread!^_^

I only got Bahamut Zero once before. I keep running out of time at the part where you get the huge materia out of the rocket. :mad2:

You can get the contain Materia in Mideel in disk 2 by giving mimett greens to the white chocobo and then scratch it's ears.

serenoa
02-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Dig around the bottom and you'll eventually find the key to sector 5. :)

Shoden
03-08-2005, 08:39 PM
any idea where Bahamut zero is?

Nanakiroth
03-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Sure you do. When you want to dig in a specific spot, you need a digger.

I've digged without diggers before, and it's worked for me...

Stranger
03-29-2005, 12:37 AM
what does the contain materia do?

Sepho
03-29-2005, 03:26 AM
The Contain materia holds four different high-level spells, several of which cause status effects. Their names imply that they're elemental spells, but a couple gameplay guides I've looked out list them as non-elemental. I don't know. Anyway, they are:

Freeze (maybe Ice elemental - causes Paralysis);
Break (maybe Earth elemental - causes Petrify);
Tornado (maybe Wind elemental - causes Confuse);
Flare (maybe Fire elemental).

Sword
03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I STILL CANT FIND IT!!!! Whats the point in having a thread about Bahamut zero in Bone village if we aren't even told where to find it.

Shoden
04-03-2005, 05:18 PM
agreed i dont know how to do the friggin side quest

I get to the driver kill him but cant move the levers

Mercen-X
04-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Flare is a non-elemental spell. It doesn't do any more damage to an ice monster than it would do to any other monster.

Bahamut ZERO (always hated that name) is found in the Huge Support Materia (blue) you get from the rocket.
O, [], X, X
I think that's the code to the materia in the rocket.

Sword
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
We all know you can get it out of the rocket. What everyone here wants to know is where to find it in the Bone Villiage

Rengori
07-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Did you even read the first 3 posts in the thread?
2nd post:
Any summons you miss throughout the first two discs can be dug up at Bone Village. This also goes for some items, I believe.
3rd post:
Raistlin's right, and while I can't remember any specific items, I do remember that you can also dig up W-Item if you missed it.

EDIT: Wait, I remember: I've dug up Cid's Mop. (Stupid name.) And a couple of other semi-valuable things. Mostly you just get Potions and crap if you don't know where to dig.

Crop
07-13-2005, 03:49 PM
So can you get alexander at bone village instead of getting it at ice gate?

Dignified Pauper
07-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Does this mean you can dig up Aeris to resurrect her too?

Anyways, that's sweet, I didn't know I could get BZ at the dig zone, so if i ever play this game again, i will definitely do that if i miss it.

Sword
07-13-2005, 06:49 PM
So can you get alexander at bone village instead of getting it at ice gate?
No I dont think so since, technically, you cant miss alexander. You can go back and get it at any time. I got it in disk 3.

I've been thinking. Maybe to find Bahamut ZERO at the dig site you have to have already mastered Bahamut and Neo Bahamut, since you have to do that if it was in cosmo canyon anyway.

Mercen-X
07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
I've never mastered Bahamut or Neo Bahamut before getting Bahamut ZERO. In fact, I've never mastered them, PERIOD!

During a more recent playthrough, I discovered that the Contain Materia contains no elements at all. Freeze is not Ice, Break is not Earth, Tornado is not Wind, and Flare is most certainly not Fire.