PDA

View Full Version : Relation to FFTA

Cless
01-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Just how closely is FFXII related to FFTA? I know it is set in Ivalice and it has the same races but how far does the comparison go? Does this game also have Judges? If it does then would it also have the "law system" of FFTA? Then would it also have the same summons, lots of clans and a storyline somehow related to the crystals of FFTA?

I'm confused about this. :confused: Can anyone clear this up?
Thanks in advance.

Appless
01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
As far as I know the only similarities are the fact that they are both set in Ivalice and that some races are the same (humans, viera and bangaa are all there). Also I do know that this game has Judges but I'm not sure if it has the law sytem.

Swordmaster
01-11-2005, 05:29 PM
i just got FFTA and it does seem the same as FF 12

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
i can't wait for XII. i wanna see what each different race looks like in 3D!

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I read somewhere that the 'Final Fantasy' game the kids were playing at start of FFTA was FFXII. Then the magic book took them to the world that was based off that game. Hence the similarities.

golden_queen_mercury
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I can't wait for FFXII. It seems to be like a great game. If it's related to FFtactics in any ways, that's even better.

Destai
01-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Its the same director for both games. All of his games revolve around Ivalice. All of the ones to my knoweledge anyway. I think its a cool idea though.

Ouch!
01-25-2005, 07:34 PM
From what I understand the Judges are also known as the Terror Knights or something of that nature. One of them is shown in a couple of the trailers, the guy in big black armor, seems to be the sime sort of guy as the one on the game's logo. They're supposed to be some of the antagonists.

Then again, I haven't looked into all this for quite a while, so I'm not sure how credible that information is anymore.

Kreminator
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
there are judges on the trailers, and the sky pirate or w/e says he looks more like an executioner

DJZen
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I read somewhere that the 'Final Fantasy' game the kids were playing at start of FFTA was FFXII. Then the magic book took them to the world that was based off that game. Hence the similarities.

That would make sense since at the end of FFTA Ivalice dissapears and I've been wondering how they were planning on explaining that.

Destai
02-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I just bought this weird magic book at my local second hand bookstore. I cant make out a word! Maybe its in japanese or Latin? Anyway Im logging off now. Im showing it to some friends.

Croyles
02-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Square-Enix said that it is set in a world with the same name and a LOT of similarities but should still be seen as a seperate world (yes i know thats strange). Read information source in this forum.
Also, isnt Ivalice also the world of Vagrant Story? As for Destai, please tell me you know the difference between the looks of japanese writing (even if it is written with our common letters) and latin writing. lol.

Cless
02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Yes that's correct! I forgot about that. Also, Mewt's book in FFTA is called the "Gran Grimoire" if I'm not mistaken, which is in Vagrant story.

Slighty off topic, assuming you have played Vagrant Story, what did you think of the game? I thought the story was fantastic, though the gameplay could get tiresome at times. I'm still undecided about the graphics. Some thought they were brilliant but I thought they looked kind of strange.

Croyles
02-03-2005, 10:47 PM
I didnt get that far into vagrant story and so the development of the story hadnt really kicked in yet, i thought the battle system was quite tiresome but i liked it so far and from what people have said i have no doubt that its a great game.

*Croyles nods to Cless*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-03-2005, 10:47 PM
The book in FFTA is just called Le Grimoire.

Destai
02-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah and it was the final boss but they did leave the name and the whole subject of the book putside of the storyline. Maybe theres more story in other Ivalice games? "As for Destai, please tell me you know the difference between the looks of japanese writing"

didnt Ritz suggest it could be both?

Croyles
02-03-2005, 11:22 PM
btw that was not meant to be an offensive remark.

Cless
02-03-2005, 11:31 PM
The book in FFTA is just called Le Grimoire.
Apparently not, according to the official site:
"Long before Noah built his ark, the tales tell of an ancient land called Kiltia... a world where swords and sorcery reigned.

Its learning and power were swept away in the great flood, but one clue to its secrets remained: an ancient book known as the Gran Grimoire, hidden in darkness by the powers that once were.

It is not certain how many copies of the book still exist, but it is said that whoever should hold one holds the power to change the world.

Many lived out their days searching the world for surviving copies, but none were ever found.

It was an illusion, they said. A myth-but one worth dying for.

Our story begins soon after a young boy named Marche moves to the country town of St. Ivalice. Marche's family has had a difficult past, and it is all he can do to adjust to country life with the help of his new friends: Mewt, a mature but timid boy who often gets picked on, and Ritz, a stellar student whose strong-willed nature has made her unpopular at school. They are friends, though they barely know more than each other's names. But one day, the three of them come across an ancient magical book, and St. Ivalice changes forever..."

Source: http://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/FFT-A/