PDA

View Full Version : My little project

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey, all. Just was leafing through my files and found an old project that I started, actually put quite a bit of work into, and then never finished, and I thought, "Hey! Maybe if I run this by some real fans of FF, they'll be willing to give me some input and help if I need it.

The way it all started was I was playing through FF4 (my favorite ff), noting all the bad grammar and lack of elaboration on every point under the sun, when I thought, "Hell, I can write better than this..." So thats what I started to do. And it got pretty cool. I got to about where Tellah dies, and I was like "Dude, this is kickin it. If someone were to redo ff4, this is how it should be done, but with better sprites." So... well, you get the picture. Basically, what I started was a redo of FF4, with better story, better sprites, and... well, since I liked the gameplay in FFT, I figured I'd call it, "Final Fantasy IV: Tactical Edition" and rip the battle system, but make the random encounters easier and still allow you to roam the map. But... things came up, and I never got back to it, really, until now. I was wondering if you guys like the idea, of FF4 with a more coherant and grammatically correct story, different gameplay and better sprites.

The big change I made is that I started trying to link it to FF7, since the stories were not too terribly far apart. Jenova came from the sky, so did Golbez and Zemus, the ancients/lunarians suffered under Jenovas/Zemus's wrath, ect, which required a new map, though the world maps weren't particularly far apart for the two games. Anywho, just thought I'd see what the reaction was. And just to be clear, this is not Jenova IS Zemus, this is Zemus is a member of Jenovas race, perhaps Jenovas mate, instead of a Lunarian, who are the ancients. And, humans are people from the Lunarians home planet who came to earth before the disaster.

Anywho, GIMMIE SOME FEEDBACK!!!!

PearlRose
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you've taken on quite a challenge. However, I'd play, if you ever got it finished. I really liked FF7, and I like playing FF4, so this sounds like a really interesting concept/re-write. ^^

Appless
01-11-2005, 03:41 PM
The thing I like the most about this idea is a good translation of the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
The story's already been given a good retranslation in the PlayStation version. The grammar is fine and every plot point is as well-explained as it ever was in the Japanese version.

If you want better sprites, just take them from the Wonderswan Color version, which has improved graphics all around.

Appless
01-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I never got FF Chronicles though :(

RedCydranth
01-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Good idea, a redo of FF4. Here's my only problem.

Don't mix 7 and 4, please. dispite similarity in storylines, don't mix FF games.

Tactics required more characters than what is given in 4, how you gonna pull it off? Especially with several key losses. Since I don't know how to do spoilers, I'll let you remember those losses. With 5 people at a time pulling this off will be difficult.

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Not really... if you recall, the max party size in most of the battles was always five, in tactics. As for graphics and story, yes each redone version (WSC and PS1) possessed either a good re write or better sprites, but neither possessed both. SOOOO.... Hmm. Not mixing the storylines, mixing them... I don't know what to do. The script has some fairly substantial changes already, like you can get certain characters back after they are supposedly gone forever but not dead. SPOILER No, not tellah, the dead are supposed to stay dead. But... a friend suggested that maybe you could get Edward back after he grew some kahones later in the game... maybe as a better class or sumthin. And you might be able to, in stead of losing FuSoYa, have him and Golbez be your party for a short time, make it to Zemus, and then have it play out like before.
And I wasn't talking about really, "Blending" the stories, bad choice of words. No gun arms or stuff like that, just a common thread in jenova. Put some references to the other games in there, like with the later final fantasies. But, I'll wait for more feedback on that, since right now the voting is fifty fifty. Maybe I should do a poll... Well, thanks. Glad to hear that in some capacity, most of you like the idea.

RedCydranth
01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
What about Palom and Porom? Will they be brought back?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Maybe the Giant of Babel could be made for two parties working in tandem, like in FFVI. The first party would be the same and the second party would have Yang, Palom, Porom, Gilbert, and Cid.

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Makes sense to me.

The player would have the OPTION to go through a mini quest to get them back, so yes. Same goes for yang, cid and edward. Or something like that. And when I say better graphics, keep in mind i'm only talking ff6 level. Don't get over excited about that part, I just got tired of having little cecil on the map and GIANT cecil in the fights. They would most likely look something like this one, Who is the NEW DKnight Cecil.
cecilstand.JPG
I guess I just got tired of him being referred to as a dark knight when he was really a blue knight...

uhh... whoops. I told it to upload that and put it in. Why did it not work? Hmm. how odd.

wait, I figured it out. Jesus i'm retarded. Ok, you should be able to see it now.

Edit by Kishi: Kindly don't double-post. There is an edit button for a reason and all.

theundeadhero
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
The problem I see in the story is that Zemus was a Lunarian just like Fusoya, Golbez, and Cecil. To say that Zemus was dating Jenova would mean that he wasn't an Ancient/Cetra and therefore the Lunarians were not Ancients/Cetra but the same as Zemus and Jenova.

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Hmm... thou hast a good point. Well... as long as I'm changing things (lol) I may as well think up some way to fix that problem. SPOILER: the only thing that was said in FF7 was that Jenova was another race, came from the sky and that she was superior to the ancients, right? Suppose KluYa, as a lunarian scientist, decided to try and genetically engineer a few humans to be on the same level as lunarians, to speed up the process of getting to the blue planet... producing Zemus and Jenova. Then when they went bad, the lunarians used the crystals to cast stop or hold, maybe, on the entire moon as a last ditch effort, and only Kluya, his half human sons, Golbez and Cecil, escaped, on the big whale maybe. FuSoYa(being the caster) was immune, but stayed to hold the power of the spell if it ever failed. Zemus was then physically parylized, but had developed mental powers to the point where he could do all the stuff he did without being able to move. He caused a malfunction in the big whale, which crashed into the ocean. Golbez and Cecil survived, but KluYa died. Then at the end, Jenova escapes the moon before the Lunarians take off into space in an escape pod.
There. That makes a bit more sense.

finalheaven
01-12-2005, 09:13 AM
heh..thats pretty good..why dont you post it at fanfiction.net??