PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy there

illuminated
01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Arr mateys...ahoy! :monocle:

Yes siree, i'm a newbie in all sense of the word (except when it comes to forums, so don't worry...i'm no rule-breaker :D). The only FF i've ever played is FFIX and i'm still not done with it so i'm not world-wise on all things FF. So consider me a newly-converted FF fan :)

I actually played it a couple of years back (umm i stopped after Evil Forest :erm: ) but got reacquainted with it in December so now i'm addicted! Oh yeah...i tried, i really did...but i eventually succumbed and read most of the spoilers. But I'm still keen on finishing the game...the only thing holding me back - the damned disc 2 got spoilt midway through *shakes fist* So now i gotta borrow from a friend...but he told me that i gotta restart all over since the memory card can't read from a different set of CDs. Bahh is this true? :cry:

Whoops...think i've said enough here. So uhh...hello *waves*

- Nabs, xx

Mindflare
01-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the fora! *flays newbie*

DMKA
01-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi, welcome to EoFF! :)

And no, that's false. I could read from my set just like it could your's, so you don't have to start over. :D

Did you know that ANTs suck? Well I do, and let me tell you, they won't leave me alone! Always crawling all over my precious keyboard, and in my Dr Pepper! It's not right! I keep killing them, but they relentlessly send more! I think they may be attracted by my music, but that's even worse, because I always am listening to music. Or maybe they just like me, though I know I wouldn't like you if you kept killing all my friends and me. Then I have to clean up all the dead ANTs, and the WINDEX(TM)! OH THE WINDEX(TM)!

It's not right. :(

theundeadhero
01-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Hello, any copy of the game can be read from your memory card. Welcome about Noober! Pirates are always welcome here but watch out for those pesky ninjas. They try to steal your bread. I declare today national boat sailing day! ARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Cless
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Your friend is a grade A crap talker! Of course the memory card can read from a different set of cd's!

Welcome to EOFF! :D
Watch out for the locals; they bite. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Meat Puppet
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Hello, I'm Meat Puppet.
Would you like to know the date I registered?
"30-12-2003"

And the guy in my avatar is none other than Seņor Misterioso.

Cless
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
*furiously nibbles illuminated's leg"

:monster:says:"that's strange, tastes curiously disimLIAR to COOKIE?"

But on a more cookier note, you are very articulate for a NOOB. Whch leads to the question: Where were you before Fox Hound, Delta Force?

01-12-2005, 02:35 AM
hi.

Tama2
01-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Pirates? Here? But why? What do they want? I'm scared.
jk hey

lol

Carnage
01-12-2005, 02:44 AM
OMFG its a pirate. a real pirate!!! A pirate playing video games. Now you dont see that every day. Are you a dirty pirate? like the kind that have ANTs in their beard?

Tama2
01-12-2005, 02:45 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOT ANTS IN THE BEARD!!!!!!!

nah but anywho...

try FF VI next

Best in my mind.

Hawkeye
01-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Hello illuminated. Welcome to our mad, crazy, lunitic, non-sleeping enviorment. Remember not to eat the yellow snow.

Samuraid
01-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Welcome.

MoonsEcho
01-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Howdy. Good to see a new person who can spell and who makes sense. Enjoy your stay! :spin:

Jojee
01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi! and bah! I stopped FFXI at the evil black mage something or other forest too.... well, it said I had to go back to it for the second time and I can't find it for the life of me T_T Of course that was over a year ago... xD Go FFVII. *cackles* Let's get hitched. :love:

Necronopticous
01-12-2005, 08:06 AM
:cookie:

Tama2
01-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Wish I had a cookie.

illuminated
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
hey all...thanks for the welcome :D

Your friend is a grade A crap talker! Of course the memory card can read from a different set of cd's!
:lol: it's a relief to continue the game where i left off!

umm here's a question (or two) - is it a tradition to flay newbies and mention the army of ants plaguing DMKA's existence? :spin:

on second thought, the ANTs could well be an analogy with regard to the plethora of newbies registering? :p anyhow DMKA, maybe your room is built upon a hundred-acre ant hill. you could always try relocating if they're still adamant about attacking you or perhaps, accept it as part of your second nature :D it's not right i know...but c'est la vie!

Oh yeah...a female pirate is never as dirty as her male counterpart. That's one good thing about being a female - we have an innate sense of cleanliness and the like :love: And heyy, i like ninjas. But if they ever attempt to steal my bread...fret not! I'll steal their crackers for me Polly. So all's well that ends well ;)

Erm...i've seen Seņor Misterioso on many an avatar. Care to enlighten me about him? And oh, i'll be careful about the veterans...shan't step on their tippety toes :)

-breaks cookie in half and hands one to Tama2-

Don't worry...i don't eat snow, much less a yellow one.

SomethingBig
01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I hate pirates. :mad2:

illuminated
01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
But why? :(

Polaris
01-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Welcome to EOFF! :D have fun here!!! =)

Meat Puppet
01-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Pirates aren't real, they only exist in fairy tales :shifty:

Of course, if you believe, they will be real.

Psychotic
01-12-2005, 12:35 PM
YOHO AHOY!

:roll:

Pure Strife
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
That guy that stands outside your house at night... Yeah, that was me.

Carnage
01-12-2005, 09:01 PM
To all my ants we can no longer say ant. leeza said its offensive so we cant say ant. or i will be banned.

Dking'squeen
01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Have you ever seen another lying in a pool of blood?

WELCOME!!!!

Dr.K
01-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Howdy and Welcome :)

Kirobaito
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Yo yo gangster flooooooooooow.

Leeza
01-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Carnage, you are putting words in my mouth, but I guess the gist of the message is there.

Welcome to EoFF, illuminated. Enjoy your stay and you really should try playing FF I since it is the best. :)

Psychotic
01-12-2005, 09:32 PM
What if it's a legitimate topic about ants? Or if the new person's name is Anthony? Or if a horde of killer ants break into the person who posted "ANTS!"'s house and start to eat them, and so they try to give a warning to others?

Not that I'm an ANT anyway but this is besides the point!

Sr. Tobias
01-12-2005, 09:37 PM
howdy, fellow newbie! yeh, cuz I joined like 2 days ago, and this, although not being the 1st forum I join, it's the 1st one I really pay attention to and still visit after the first day... it's just coz I got nuthin better to do right now...

oh yeh, also: u would've had to start over if the cd's were in another language... I once had ff7 in spanish (I bought it in Portugal, and a portuguese version being inexistant, they usually sell the english or the spanish versions there), and was in the 3rd disc, with a great game, but then it got stolen at school :mad2: . I then had to buy a new one, and it turned out it was in french (by the way, the translation sucks SO MUCH!), and I couldn't play the awesome game anymore, I had to start over... but my brother was even more pissed, coz he had a better game (he had this sword for cloud, with triple materia growth).
the good part in all this is that the thief probably didn't get http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif of the game... and I also kept the 3rd cd at home, hehe... ;)
anyway, enjoy both the game, and ur surfin through th forum

Harvest Moon
01-12-2005, 10:12 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/newbie.jpg
:tongue:
lol, welcome dude.

Dking'squeen
01-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Arr mateys...ahoy!

PIRATE! AHOY matte!

illuminated
01-13-2005, 02:42 PM
*throws tear gas at pure strife*
strangers outside my house scare me :/

anyways thanks muchos for the welcome again...
and hey Sr. Tobias, you're multilingual! that's awesome :)

hmm so much mention of ants here...yeah newbie threads are a pain in the neck huh? ;)