PDA

View Full Version : 3

Project G
01-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Can you get FF 3 on playstation????

Cless
01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Nope, Never released outside Japan I'm afraid. Your best bet is downloading a tranlated Rom and playing it through an emulator.

theundeadhero
01-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Its planned to be released on the DS. I don't know the release date though.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-16-2005, 12:12 PM
If you don't plan on getting a DS, you might still be in luck
Chances are a PS1 port of FF3 will come eventually, but we will just have to wait and see.

DJZen
01-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I doubt it, Sony's long since done trying to market PS1 games. You might find a PS family release at SOME point, but hope can be a cruel mistress indeed, as fans of the Dragon Warrior series know all too well. :cry:

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 03:52 AM
5... 6... :cry:

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Well they re-released FFChronicles and FFAnthology on PS1 so anything can happen.

DJZen
01-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Yes, but that was years ago, before Sony released the PS2. The big problem with this game coming out on a console is that next to no one will care about it. 2D games, while typically getting good reviews, sell abysmally these days, and let's face it, any game prior to FFVII is completely ignored by anyone who's not a huge fan of the series already. FFIII is a 2D RPG that is short and unimpressive by today's RPG standards. It doesn't have a romantic plotline, it doesn't have 40 hours worth of mini-games, it even has only the same 4 generic characters through the whole game. I just honestly don't think the idea of releasing a remake on PS2 or 3 would be well recieved by Sony, and I think they'd scoff at the idea of putting it on PS1. Now, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong here, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. I think Squenix would have much better luck pitching the idea to Nintendo, who actually released an emulated version of Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 for the GC, and released 4 Swords Adventures last year, which was a 2D game. In fact, Nintendo seems like Squenix's best option for putting their less beloved games out. In any event, Squenix hasn't announced plans to release FFIII on a non-handheld console, so it may happen, or it may not. Only time will tell.

mike without a hat
01-23-2005, 01:39 AM
If you dont want to wait here's a rom i found a few days ago.
http://www.coolrom.com/roms/nes/Final_Fantasy_3/Final_Fantasy_3.php
So far everything works fine and the translation is pretty good.
Oh yeah, you need a nes emulator too, you can download one on that site.

DJZen
01-23-2005, 01:42 AM
.....Or you could just download the one on EoFF......

Del Murder
01-23-2005, 02:19 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=51249