PDA

View Full Version : jerry springer the opera!!

boris no no
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
well it was on tv the other day and i found it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!! i didn't stop laughing the whole way thro!
i just want to know what other people think of it? is it taking the michael out of chrisianity? i don't think so. i actually learnt a bit more about it! i wasn't brought up a christian so i don't really know.
it had alot of swearing in it!
i can see why BBC 2 had thousands of complaint before it was even aired! the bit when jesus said he was a bit gay deffinatly was a bit naughty
what do you all think???

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Jerry Springer is unadulterated trash that appeals to those with crass and unrefined senses of humor. I dislike it quite a bit.

boris no no
01-11-2005, 05:07 PM
thats taught me....
the normal tv show does suck...i meant the opera that really took the micky out of people now and how they splash their personal problems on the tv and expect people to like them. that makes it funny
anyway i do have a good sense of humour thank you very much

m4tt
01-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Never heard of it.

Crazy the Clown
01-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Jerry Springer is unadulterated trash that appeals to those with crass and unrefined senses of humor. I dislike it quite a bit.

What? You can't be serious! Springer is dope! It's like a barroom brawl waiting to happen, without the alcohol! That show's funny as hell! My sis even dissed someone on the show, and it got a big reaction! :lol:

boris no no
01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Never heard of it.
:eek: :eek:
http://www.jerryspringertheopera.com/jerry_opera.html
have a look!

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
i have no idea wtf you're talking about
i'll watch the regular show when i'm bored or in need of something to growl at, but other than that...meh

Jack
01-11-2005, 09:28 PM
The problem you're gonna find is a aweful lot of EoFFs are Americans, and therfore are: a) Ignorant of news in other countries b) simply don't know. Since Jerry Springer the Opera will only make it onto Broadway later this year, they will have no knowledge of it.
I did indeed see it and it was rather good. Some bits were quite rubbish. he reason there was problem is the fact people whinge about stuff. This was a excuse to whinge, and because it implicates Jesus, it MUST be offensive. Fact is, things are only offensive if you want them to be. It was alos screened after 9pm and therfore all complaints of "filth" are lost. It was a lost cause.
However, i reckon if the Christians defied their religious rules of non-violenece and followed the ways of the Sikhs and attacked people, that show would have been pulled in seconds.

boris no no
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
i didn't realise that it hadn't got to the states yet....sorry!
hang on.....a good and funny musical thats british?!?!?!?!
thats weird! ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2005, 07:42 AM
What? You can't be serious! Springer is dope! It's like a barroom brawl waiting to happen, without the alcohol! That show's funny as hell! My sis even dissed someone on the show, and it got a big reaction!

Forgive me, I prefer my humor to have a certain degree of wit and intelligence behind it. I do not watch this filth.

boris no no
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
but the opera was intelgent...i thourght anyways.
it was very witty in its own sick way! plus it's very hard to write a good musical!!! any musical in fact!!!