PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna FFVIII Movie

Lady Selphie
01-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Guys...I hope that they make FFVIII movie because I love FFVIII so much.It`s my Favorite FF games.Do you Agree with me????

m4tt
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Why would they? The story is finished, there is nothing more to tell.

And in my opinion it'd be a horrible idea.

Dking'squeen
01-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't we already have a FF movie yet to come out?
Don't we already have a movie to a game already finished?
Don't we already have...

Kamrusepas
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
To Lady Selphie: I would love it too, FFVIII is the best ever.
And to Matty Pie.... whoa that's a bad pic of Gambit.

luan
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
you r right lady selphie my favourite game is FF8 too he he he :p
you will find me........

nords2
01-11-2005, 09:29 PM
VIII would be tough to make into a movie because it's very confusing. The largest audience is the American public and everyone knows how intelligent they are. Also, along with confusing, the movie would require a lot of character development, thus many slow parts in the movie. The attention span of an average movie goer is very low. Hence, all the movies that do well, do not often have lapses in hilarity or action. Just my 2 cents.

finalheaven
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
...i c...well in my opinion..computer says no......................even though ireally like the game ^_^

boris no no
01-11-2005, 10:26 PM
i think that a film of the game would be cool!!

finalheaven................computer says no!!

Rykashi
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Really as much as I loved the game, I think the way it ended was perfect, and it might ruin it if they tried to hack up another story line out of nowhere. So maybe a FFVIII movie would be a bad idea. Now not to say if they made one I wouldn't go see it, of course it would! (Although a FFIX movie would be even better!!) I think the key to what will be Advent children's success is the kind of uncomplete ending to the game, and the questions it left open and unanswered.

Polaris
01-12-2005, 09:58 AM
It'd be cool to have a FF8 film.. :D

aeon infinity
01-12-2005, 09:59 AM
if ff8 would make as great a movie as it did a game then i am al for it

UltimateSpamGrover
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Sigh, here we go again with the FFVIII movies and/or sequels. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52592)

Here's another link (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52846)

Shoden
01-12-2005, 04:51 PM
well i think they should just make the movie of the game not another story just the whole game no the sidequests or tutorials only the main storyline so GF's and Magic no no take up too much time only boss battles in the movie.

yeah ff8 did end but with alot of unanswered questions in it. hte Movie could include a few of them

Slade
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
FF VIII is my fav too but i dont really think there should be a sequel....if there was then id rather it be a game than a movie. Also it would be good if it had nothing to do with sorceresses or any of the previous stuf....like a whole new seed mission, either that or with Seifer, Rajin and Fujin as the mains???? thated be cool. :D

Kamrusepas
01-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Here's my ideal FFVIII-movie/sequel:
The same story, but from Seifer's POV.

Shoden
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
hmmm a sequel to ff8 but the main char as Seifer.

GooeyToast
01-14-2005, 10:56 PM
That actually might be a good idea.

We didn't really find out too much about Seifer during the game, so if they made a sequal starring him, it would probably give more insight into Seifer and his motives for doing the things he did.

Dking'squeen
01-14-2005, 11:06 PM
we already know why he did the thigs he did!
there's no need to go there again!
We already know!

Zante
01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
A movie or maybie a series with Laguna would be cool, i think. Watching the same story would be kindna boring. Making a sequel would be hard, as the story is finished and they would have to make a complete new one.

Slade
01-17-2005, 01:37 AM
I think it'd be a cool idea having a completely new story, like i said: a new seed mission or something. Nothing to do with the stuff from before (although they do mention things of the past). What do you think? If not a seed mission then a completely new thing with Seifer, Raijin and Fujin on some random mission (also mention things of the past but nothing really to do with the stuff from 8) and perhaps they meet say, Selphie, Squall or someone on their mission like in X-2 (not that ive played X-2 but i know that Wakka and Lu make an appearence at one point)

ShivaBlizzard8
01-17-2005, 03:14 AM
I think the FF8 storyline could POTENTIALLY make a good movie, but not if it was kept exactly the same as the game. The ultimate failure of videogame story -> movie is that what makes a good videogame isn't what makes a good movie, and vice versa. To make FF8 a decent movie, I would change a good deal of the storyline to make it more captivating plotwise and with more in-depth characters. You might think Squall and Rinoa are well developed personalities, but if you put them on the big screen as is they would fall terribly flat. The entire thing would need to be reworked, but if done right, the idea has merit.

Trumpet Thief
01-17-2005, 03:36 AM
chaos: It would be totally unnecessary. If you want the story to continue, read fanfictions- there are a ton at ff.net.

kikimm
01-17-2005, 04:15 AM
chaos: It would be totally unnecessary. If you want the story to continue, read fanfictions- there are a ton at ff.net.

Yep, that about does it. Most FFs aren't movie material, with the exception of 7, which had a more inconclusive ending. But 8 really doesn't need it, and it would probably be painful to watch them stretch out whatever story they could come up with.

:D

Luc
01-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Even if they did make a movie, I wouldn't like it anyway. FF8 wasn't as great a FF as some of the other ones.

cL0uD3
02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
i also agree to have FFVIII movie. i dont want the story just ends there.. if they could have FFVIII-2 or somthing i'd would better...

Ultima Shadow
02-10-2005, 09:08 PM
There would only be a point in making an FFVIII movie if it was about the orginal FFVIII story. A sequel would be pointless.
However... I'm fine without a FFVIII movie at all... but it WOULD be cool if they made a movie that's the same as the orginal FFVIII but in FMV style all the time. :cool: But it's really not needed.

seiyuimore
02-11-2005, 05:58 AM
How about FFVIII movie from Cid POV?
So the begining will be Cid (old) remembering the past when he met Edea, endure the socerer war then married Edea, create orphanage and so on. They didn't tell much about Cid and edea thing.

I wonder . . . is this Cid the same Cid in FFVII? If assumely the same, then the movie would conclude FFVII as well

Ultima Shadow
02-11-2005, 07:24 AM
I wonder . . . is this Cid the same Cid in FFVII?
Ummm... not really... :p

<LionHeart>
02-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, i have to agree with Shiva, FF8's story is just too confusing to make it a movie and as much as many players would want it, i think some questions will just remain unanswered... however, what if the geniuses at Square would find the perfect ballance which would please both the newcomer and the "veteran". It's clear, so many questions are not answered simply to leave your mind dazzling, begging for more (just check out tha fanfics online). Whether it will be a movie, a remake, a sequel, even a game set somewhere before the events in FF8, or simplly by fanfics, FF8 will always remain in the heart of thoose whom have played it. As for CID, well we see him in most FFs, so he probablly isn't the one from FF7. Alas, some GFs like Shiva and Ifrit have always been part of FF, maybe they are the key to a connection between all the stories.

cL0uD3
02-13-2005, 09:19 AM
i think they should have movie about Squall and Rinoa after they kissed. They could do like new sorceres came to posses edea or rinoa again. just like the advent chlidren on the FFVII.

Faris
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Why would they? The story is finished, there is nothing more to tell.

And in my opinion it'd be a horrible idea.
I agree, the story has been told. Other than some really good fanfics. I don't see what kind of story that they could make.
If they could make a good movie about before the story (with Laguana and them) I guess it would be ok, but ya, no need for a movie.