PDA

View Full Version : Throw, Thief, Throw!

Shuko
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm playing the "Resistance" mission right now, and I've killed off all of the enemy characters but the boss (The thief). I'm chasing him around the field, catching things he tosses at me using his "throw" ninja ability. This is incredible stuff! He's thrown lots of useless weapons at me, but mixed in with those, I've gotten a druid mace, bomb soul, and diamond sword! That's just so far, though. I'm going to make this battle last for as long as I can. :P~~~ I love this game.

In case some of you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, you can teach red mages and jugglers the "catch" reaction ability by equipping a "chain plate" to them. It's loads of fun in battles with ninjas and jugglers, because sometimes they use the "throw" and "hurl" abilities on you, which throws an unequipped weapon at one target. The rarity and usefulness of the weapon they throw depends upon the thrower's level, I believe. Anyway, my strategy's pretty obvious. I crowd all of my players with the catch ability around the thrower, blocking him in somewhere, and section all the other players off out of his range. Then the thrower has only one of three options. He can
a) toss a weapon at me :D (woot!)
b) use a direct attack or a magic attack on me :(
c) not do anything at all :rolleyes2

Most of the time, he attacks me, so I try to keep my catchers just out of his travel range. But since he's a thief in this mission, it's hard to stay out of his travel range. Really, I just get stuff thrown at me by luck, but that's good enough for now. The only thing I wish I had was a law card forbidding direct attacks, lol.

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, we used to that in the original Tactics game. Got a Chaos Blade and a couple Defenders. If they don't want it I'd gladly take it. :D