PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

Laguna
01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Hiya- just posting this to see if I can get some advice from anyone here.

I recently hit level 28 with my redmage and took a quick look at what spells etc I'll need over the next few levels. All I can say is how the heck am I going to afford this? I only have 20,000 gil (plenty you may say but its loans from a few friends of mine). Inflation has gone nuts if you ask me and I cant afford to buy the things I need. I know I could invest in a craft (im a level 4 alchemist) but arent all the crafts expensive any way? If anyone could offer some advice on how to get some gil I'd appreciate it. Note I have tried mining in dangerous areas and that didnt work and all the most of the more lucrative nms are over camped. As if levelling wasnt enough to worry about!

thanks!

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Level bard.

Seriously. Bard songs are cheap as dirt, and once you hit 40, it's a free ticket into BCNM40.

Phalanx: On Alexander, it's 150k last time I checked. Way out of your budget. It drops almost every BCNM40 for at least one member. Hell, you might get Erase or Utsusemi: Ni, which you can sell for enough to buy Phalanx

Refresh: You'll absolutely need to have that scroll on-hand when you hit 41. It also drops in BCNM40.

Dispel: One BCNM40 should pay for it. Or, you never know, you might like bard better, and Magic Finale does the same thing, for zero MP cost and the scroll is practically free. I think I got it for under 1k.

Bards are also fairly cheap to equip--you can get parties in mage gear. You'll just have to camp Stray Mary for BCNM40 (the Mary's Horn is mandatory). You don't need a Monster Signa, just get the level 40 shield with +1 CHR, the Corsette +1 (CHR+6) and your AF knife, which has CHR+3 on it. If you still have any doubts, try casting using Enchanting Etude + Ballad instead of Minne + Ballad before you pull the mandies. That should be enough to sleep them. And use boiled crab instead of Flint Caviar. It's cheaper, and you'll need the defense boost to keep yourself going against those mandies.

Just get bard to 40, BCNM yourself into mad wealth, and then buy your RDM scrolls and resume RDM with Phalanx and Refresh scrolls.

Levian
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, invest in a craft. If you know of an area where weak enemies drop what you need for the crafting, you should definitly farm there and build up the crafting. You're an Alchemist, huh? Farm Beehive chips on the hill in North Gustaberg, buy distilled water in an NPC store, and use signet to get fire crystals. You'll get 18.000 for a stack of beeswax. :p

Vaprice
01-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Um possibly fight NM (Leaping lizzie) Sell the boots of it wanna. Invest into a craft ^^ (Im in fishing and clothcraft and woodworking very fun. Takes very long for fishing, but is very profitable)

Possibly if you have time get a stack of silk threads. Very useful.

Lionx
01-12-2005, 01:51 AM
BCNM drop rates for rare items largely depends on the quickness of how you defeat it, 25 mins in BCNM and out of all the runs 1 erase, rest was crap. Kill it under 15 mins for most loot so i seen, even if its random its more likely than not kinda thing. Which is why BCNM 40 for mandies work best with RNG RNG DRK BRD and either two RDM or WHMs.

Mary's Horn is NOT mandatory, it just increases sleep time and makes it easier, its not mandatory, but makes life easier.

I would not sugguest camping Leapin Lizzie, their drop rates are the most random and HORRIBLE than any NM i EVER seen. my friend = 0/27. Do not try it unless you want it that badly.

Investing in a craft will certainetly drain alot of money, at those lvls when i was poor i usually forgo armor making sure its only passable as a mage in order to get necessary spells until i can teleport taxi and didnt craft until lvl 50ish. Because every craft is a moneysink until a certain lvl where you can sell things for profit and its usually not very much, only to sustain yourself until lvl 90+s where you can craft the million dollar goods. I would say just farm like mad, my brother did that for dispel if you dont want to lvl BRD or craft. Once you hit 40 do some BCNMs for some standing capital, THEN go for crafts and luxury items like Phalanx.

EDIT: Dispel is based on the price of the NPC and BC30 drop rate not the inflation...>_> I have 450K :love:

abrojtm
01-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Mine, buy miner's clothes, mine some more. Boring, but worth it. Also, gardening (if you have the initial investment, time, patience, and know-how) works well.

lordblazer
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Level bard.

Seriously. Bard songs are cheap as dirt, and once you hit 40, it's a free ticket into BCNM40.

Phalanx: On Alexander, it's 150k last time I checked. Way out of your budget. It drops almost every BCNM40 for at least one member. Hell, you might get Erase or Utsusemi: Ni, which you can sell for enough to buy Phalanx

Refresh: You'll absolutely need to have that scroll on-hand when you hit 41. It also drops in BCNM40.

Dispel: One BCNM40 should pay for it. Or, you never know, you might like bard better, and Magic Finale does the same thing, for zero MP cost and the scroll is practically free. I think I got it for under 1k.

Bards are also fairly cheap to equip--you can get parties in mage gear. You'll just have to camp Stray Mary for BCNM40 (the Mary's Horn is mandatory). You don't need a Monster Signa, just get the level 40 shield with +1 CHR, the Corsette +1 (CHR+6) and your AF knife, which has CHR+3 on it. If you still have any doubts, try casting using Enchanting Etude + Ballad instead of Minne + Ballad before you pull the mandies. That should be enough to sleep them. And use boiled crab instead of Flint Caviar. It's cheaper, and you'll need the defense boost to keep yourself going against those mandies.

Just get bard to 40, BCNM yourself into mad wealth, and then buy your RDM scrolls and resume RDM with Phalanx and Refresh scrolls.

Finding Bard songs is another story they are rarely even for sale heck i barely make them by just 1 guy selliong a song i need.I dont have any therons except for the light one but all the other are never for sell.
Try explaining that to the elitist bastards on this game and they'll think its gil related BS but it really isnt.

Lionx
01-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Some of it possibly inflation, but some items obviously arent....you really have to know where the origin of the item comes from and how it is obtained, then figure out the current price value and demand.

Songs? Easysauce, just dont get em at an AH and get them scattered all over the world in NPCs. 500gil for minne? Its 14 gil in sandy's choco shop.

EDIT: NPC Song List

Thanks goes out to Alura from the Midgardsomr server, great BRD friend of mine whom i dont see often lately ; ;

This might be a sticky worthy item...Here is a complete list on where to buy songs from NPC shops and where they drop if that's the case. I've seen bard songs outrageously priced at the AH, songs for as little as 20G at a shop priced at 1,000G.

**Here are the prices according to my fame. 13 quests in sandoria, 31 in windurst + lots of repeats and none in bastok courtesy of my mule. So these prices are pretty much baseline.

1 Knight's Minne Defense UP <AE> S. Sandoria (in choco stable) 18G
3 Valor Minuet Attack UP <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 24G
5 Army's Paeon HP Regen <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 43G
7 Foe Requiem Damage over time <ST> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 74G
9 Herb Pastoral ‘Poison’ resistance song <AE> Windhurst Wooods (Mithra Grove)
10 Light Threnody Debuff Light Resistance <ST> S. Sandoria (Lusiane Outside Item Shop) 123G
11 Sword Madrigal Accuracy UP <AE> N. Sandoria (2nd Floor of Inn) 187G
12 Dark Threnody Debuff Dark Resistance <ST> Bastok Markets (Item shop) 225G
13 Sheepfoe Mambo Evasion UP <AE> Selbina (Bait Seller G-10)
14 Earth Threnody Debuff Earth Resistance <ST> Windhurst Waters (Catalyst Shop)
15 Army's Paeon II HP Regen <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 371G
16 Water Threnody Debuff Water Resistance <ST> Upper Jeuno (P&M) 420G
16 Foe Lullaby Sleep <ST> Drop (Yagudo Piper in Giddeus)
17 Foe Requiem II Damage over time <ST> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 509G
18 Wind Threnody Debuff Wind Resistance <ST> Upper Jeuno (P&M) 567G
19 Scop's Operetta ‘Beserk’ Resistance song <AE> Valeriano (circus troop) 611G
20 Fire Threnody Debuff Fire Resistance <ST> Windhurst Waters (Catalyst Shop)
21 Knight's Minne II Defense UP <AE> S. Sandoria (in choco stable) 988G
22 Enchanting Etude Buffs Charisma stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 1,088G
22 Ice Threnody Debuff Ice Resistance <ST> Bastok Markets (Item shop) 1,131G
23 Valor Minuet II Attack UP <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 1,272G
24 Spirited Etude Buffs Mind stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 1,376G
24 Ltng. Threnody Debuffs Ltng. Resistance <ST> S. Sandoria (Lusiane Outside Item Shop) 1,417G
25 Mage's Ballad MP Regen <AE> Quest in Sandoria
26 Learned Etude Buffs Intelligence stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 1,704G
27 Horde Lullaby Sleep <AE> Drop (Yagudo Drummer Castle Oztroja) @1,000G at AH
28 Quick Etude Buffs Agility Stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 2,080G
29 Advancing March Attack Speed UP <AE> Valeriano (circus troop) 2,150G
30 Vivacious Etude Buffs Vitality stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 2,400G
31 Hunter's Prelude ‘accuracy up’ buff <ST> Wind Woods
32 Dextrous Etude Buffs Dex stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 3,060G
33 Fowl Aubade ‘Sleep’ resistance song <ST> Valeriano (circus troop) 3,045G
33 Magic Finale Removes enemy buffs <ST> Drop (Yagudo Drummer Castle Oztroja) @900 at AH
34 Sinewy Etude Buffs Strength stat <AE> Wind Woods or Pt. Jeuno (duty-free shop) 3,420G
35 Army's Paeon III HP Regen <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 3,743G
36 Light Carol Buffs Light Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 4,200G
37 Foe Requiem III Damage over time <ST> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 4,576G
38 Earth Carol Buff Earth Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 4,600G
39 Battlefield Elegy Slows enemy target S. Sandoria (Weapon Shop) 4,944G
40 Water Carol Buffs Water Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 5,000G
41 Knight's Minne III Defense UP <AE> S. Sandoria (in choco stable) 5,891G
42 Wind Carol Buffs Wind Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 5,940G
43 Valor Minuet III Attack UP <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 6,406G
44 Fire Carol Buffs Fire Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 6,380G
45 Army's Paeon IV HP Regen <AE> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 6,863G
46 Ice Carol Buffs Ice Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 7,440G
47 Foe Requiem IV Damage over time <ST> Bastok Markets (Music Shop) 7,987G
48 Lightning Carol Buffs Ltng. Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 7,920G
49 Goblin Gavotte ‘bind’ resistance song <AE> Lower Jeuno (Goblin Shop)
50 Dark Carol Buffs Darkness Resistance <AE> Lower Jeuno (Bard's Pub) 8,400G
51 Sword Madrigal Accuracy UP <AE> Drop (Yagudo Lutenist in Castle Oztroja)
53 Dragonfoe Mambo Evasion UP <AE> Drop (Yagudo Lutenist in Castle Oztroja)
54 Gold Capriccio ‘petrify’ resistance song <AE> Drop (Yagudo Chanter Castle Oztroja)
55 Mage’s Ballad II MP Regen <AE> Castle Zvhal Treasure Chest
56 Shining Fantasia Buffs Darkness Resistance <AE> Drop (Yagudo Conductor Castle Oztroja)
57 Foe Requiem V Damage over time <ST> Drop (Yagudo Chanter in Castle Oztroja)
59 Carnage Elergy Slows enemy target <ST> Drop (Yagudo Chanter in Castle Oztroja)
60 March of Glory Haste Party <AE> Drop (Yagudo Conductor Castle Oztroja)
61 Knights Minne IV Defense UP <AE> Drop (Yagudo Conductor Castle Oztroja)
62 Bewitching Etude Buffs Charisma stat <ST> Bastok Mkt (When Bastok 1st CQ)
63 Valor Minuet IV Attack UP <AE> Drop (Yagudo Conductor Castle Oztroja)
64 Logical Etude Buffs Mind stat <ST> Bastok Mkt (When Bastok 1st CQ)
66 Sage Etude Buffs Intelligence stat <ST> Bastok Mkt (When Bastok 1st CQ)
67 Foe Requiem VI Damage over time <ST> Drop (Yagudo Conductor Castle Oztroja)
68 Swift Etude Buffs Agility stat <ST> Bastok Mkt (When Bastok 1st CQ)
69 Puppet's Operetta ‘silence’ resistance song <AE> Valeriano (circus troop) 17,672G
70 Vital Etude Buffs Vitality stat <ST> Bastok Mkt (When Bastok 1st CQ)
71 Archer's Prelude Single target ranged accuracy up
71 Goddess's Hymnus Party reraise 94,000G
72 Uncanny Etude Party dexterity up
73 Warding Round Party curse resistance up
73 Chocobo Mazurka Party movement speed up (Guy in choco pen in S. Sandoria) 56,856G
74 Herculean Etude Party strength up
75 Maiden's Virelai Single target charm

Job Abilities -

1. Soul Voice Effects of Songs greater - 30 seconds
5.Silence Resist-Silence resistance increases
25. Silence Resist-Silence resistance increases
45 .Silence Resist-Silence resistance increases

lordblazer
01-13-2005, 02:04 AM
wow thanks man this put a lot of preasure off of me.But this game still is pretty elitist.

Lionx
01-13-2005, 03:30 AM
There is in no way it is elitest, its just how people pressure things. You dont HAVE to get Sniper Rings or stuff like that, just people will get invited over you. And that is natural, i mean why not? When people can have something better, they will. Not having Sniper Rings at lvl 50 does not mean you are in anyway gimp. Not having at least decent gear however is pushing it. Some basic things like Dark Staves are too cheap not to get so you have to draw the line between gimp, decent, and top end gear.

If you think people are too elitest then maybe switch servers...i honestly dont care as long as you get decent or at least semi-decent gear. Depends on the people actually. There are minimal standards, but theres also a line between top end gear and just plain stupid.

lordblazer
01-13-2005, 03:45 AM
I kept up with my songs and all but they said i didn't have this certain cap.I said i can synthesis it real quick.So i do and during synthesis the PT leader which is a WHM says you know waht i'll just kick oyu anyway and cast cure on me and i lost all of my items.Then I get kicked and they gob train me.Then this one time i died and dleveled in a PT and boom they kicked me saing im not allowed in because i died an dlvled and we didnt want to get hate off oyu anway so :P mess.

Lionx
01-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Then the person was a jerk, i hope you dont think all people are like that in yoru neighborhood when someone punches you in the face? -_-; There are jerks and non-jerks, distingush them thank you.

BTW you cant cast cure on the person synthing unless you are just about to sit down and they casted Cure on you before you started. You = below 30? Start going after then talk back ><

lordblazer
01-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Then the person was a jerk, i hope you dont think all people are like that in yoru neighborhood when someone punches you in the face? -_-; There are jerks and non-jerks, distingush them thank you.

BTW you cant cast cure on the person synthing unless you are just about to sit down and they casted Cure on you before you started. You = below 30? Start going after then talk back ><
Yeah actually no one messes with me because when I get into fights I tend to black out and literally turn into some kind of berserker mode. LAst guy I fought well lets just saying he ate out of a tube for 2 years.Oh yeah and he started it.I only fight whenever I'm pressured into it.Also I can't believe you stereotyped me as such!so I fight out of self defense.

edit- i can distinguish them perfectly its jsut i ran into more jerks than non-jerks on here.And for you to assume that i said that every single player who plays this game is a jerk is really really not true.Mainly because I haven't said that.

Lionx
01-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Ok maybe it can be implied that way but that wasnt the reason i said that, it was kinda sarcastic because you seemed to generalize a bunch of people being jerks.

But this game still is pretty elitist.

So yea, misinterpetation. and the fight..ouch >_>

nina
01-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Bard is fun ^^ but if you really want to make gil in the far run invest time in your thief, leveling this 1 job will make leveling the rest of your jobs very easy, as thief is a major gil platform.

*meows questioningly at lionx*

Lionx
01-23-2005, 03:29 PM
THF is good once you lvl up to a seizable lvl and actually try to fight beastmen regularly. Also knowing where good item drops and picking them is a good requirement.

*meows questioningly back?* o.o

nina
01-23-2005, 04:12 PM
im level 75 rng, lvl 74 sam, and lvl 71 thf, i just hunt down NMs and farm tigers for fangs, also do HNM & BCNM.