PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS!!!

turnitup5000db
01-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Ok, heres the way this game works. I'm going to start with a fight between two FF characters, and the next person to post gives their opinion, and backs it up as best they can, then moves on to another matchup, and the process repeats. Ok, first matchup - See the picture below.

RedCydranth
01-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Gafgarion because in that pic Cecil isn't a paladin yet. Gafgarion OWNS.

Lulu Vs Vivi... NO MAGIC

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Cecil has an attack that does extra damage at the loss of a good chunk of his HP.
Gafgarion has an attack that absorbs his opponent's HP. The choice is clear.

Vivi, even at level 99, will always be relatively physically weak. However, thanks to FFX's Sphere Grid, any character, including Lulu can become strong enough to deal 99,999 damage with a single hit. So, Lulu wins.

Freya Crescent vs. Cid Highwind.

turnitup5000db
01-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Freya of course. Cids limit break is a jump, but freya has it as an extra command. Clear choice.

Rufus Shinra VS Irvine Kinneas

Flamethrower
01-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Rufus, while much cooler than Irvine, was physically weak. Irvine wouldn't have much trouble taking the bossman out.

Shadow vs Yuffie

RedCydranth
01-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Yuffie may be quicker but Shadow is physically stronger AND Shadow's dog will tear up Yuffie.

Firion or Delita Hyral?

rubah
01-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Frioniel-- mostly because I've never played tactics, but because you can beef frioniel up to be whatever you desire:D and he's got a cute little beard lookin' thing^^

Setzer vs. Cait Sith

Tama2
01-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Setzer
'cos lets face it, a puppet has nothing against I man that throws exploding and slicing cards.

Locke-Celes

Flamethrower
01-12-2005, 03:13 AM
I think I'd give the edge to Celes. They're pretty even in terms of power (at least they are at the point of gameplay I'm at), but any magic Locke uses against Celes could be absorbed with Runic.

Quistis vs. Quina

Sepho
01-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Quina

Quistis can have Shockwave Pulsar and all that hoo-haw.

But then Quina would eat her.

Kain vs. Khimari.

RedCydranth
01-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Khimari for the exact reason Lulu beats Vivi. Once the grid id mastered Kimahri is a beefy fighter with insane spells. Add his blue magic and POW Kain is nothing.

FFX Yuna or Rydia (Summons only)

Sepho
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Yuna,

Because she will summon the Magus Sisters, who want revenge on Rydia and her comrades for tromping on them back in FF4j.

And let's disregard the Sphere Grid, m'mkay :rolleyes2 .

DUN DUN DUN

Cloud vs. Squall.

Oh, I went there. And, while I may be giving the most nonsense reasons I can think of for my answers, let's not all pick Cloud over Squall because "FF7 is r0cks0rS! an ff8 si teh L4m3!11". I'd pick Cloud over Squall, too, but I like FF8 better.

Sr. Tobias
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Cloud, because of Omnislash, and even if he didn't hav that yet, his limit breaks kick more ass I think, although I never played ff8 enough to get Squall to be any good (not that I didn't like it, but I was concentrated on uncovering the plot more than lvlin up)

Kuja vs. Kefka (transvestite deathmatch)

Slade
01-12-2005, 08:57 PM
I think Kuja for that, cause of trance...Kefka would put up a good fight but, just like a chain smoker, Kuja would reel out like, 3 Flare Stars in a row as he is know to do at the end of IX, so....yep. Kuja.

Rajin vs Fujin?

Sepho
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Fujin.

I don't think Raijin would hit her. He'd eventually pass out as a result of all of the smacks on the head. Plus, eyepatches are the new bowstaffs (which are soooo last season, by the way).

Aeris vs. Bartz.

Harvest Moon
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Aeris with her limit breaks is more or less a white mage.
Japania is the rumored "leader of light warriors" and looks suspicously like the fighter job class which in FF1 is uber broken.

No contest. Japania does things to Aeris you'd expect to see in a hentai game. :tongue:

Quina versus GoGo!

turnitup5000db
01-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Draw. Quina would eat gogo.... then gogo would eat him/her back.

Kalm Traveler vs Bannon

Flamethrower
01-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Even though Banon can heal himself free of MP, the Kalm traveler has all that mastered materia, so he'd win easily.

General Leo vs. Beatrix

strawberryman
01-13-2005, 12:06 AM
A tie, probably. They have such powerful abilities that it would have to be a draw.

Gilgamesh (FF5) vs. Gilgamesh (FF8)
An oddball here!

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 01:01 AM
FFV Gilgamesh simply because He was tougher to beat IMO. Both are difficult adversaries but I feel 5 would edge out 8

Shadow vs. Edge vs. Yuffie

3 Way Ninja battle. NO MAGIC ALLOWED

rubah
01-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Shadow. Extra hits from interceptor=t3h rox.

Lenna vs. Faris!

tycoon power:D

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Faris because she (in my game) could take out anyone in a few hits. Reina (thats her name in th PS version) was decent but She's no Faris.

Mog (FF6) or Montblanc (FFTA)?

turnitup5000db
01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Montblanc could get way more abilities in the end. I choose the fuzzy animal that wears a shirt, as opposed to the regular fuzzy animal.

Terra (Esper) VS Vincent (Chaos)

BudSoda02
01-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I say Vincent, he can attack from the back row & still do a lot of damage. Also his Limit Breaks are way more powerful than the 'Morphed' version of Terra. Without magic Terra is pretty much nothing... She is part Esper after all...
Thanks-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com
hmm... Steiner vs. Auron (Kinda obvious)

Slade
01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Auron. He'd just use Shooting Star or some really cool overdrive before Steiners guage had even made it a quarter full. Plus Auron can have 5 9's of helth but Steiner can only have dun dun dun.....4! So its Auron by far.

Selphie vs Rikku

Flashback007
01-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I think Rikku would win same reason as before. The gridsystem would let her deal enough damage to deal with the spunky trainwomen.

Irvine Kinneas (VIII) vs Vincent Valentine (VII) Guns only

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh man.. Thats rough... I'm gonna go with Irvine. Dispite Vincent being my favorite character from 7, I feel irvine is a better shot. You said guns only and that means no magic. Irvine was stronger, not by much though.

Edgar vs. Amarant

Flamethrower
01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
That's a really tough one. I'll go with Edgar, because Chainsaw could kill many enemies in one hit. Even if that didn't work, he could just use Drill over and over, doing massive damage and lowering Amarant's defense each time.

Ultros vs. Palmer

Tama2
01-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Ultros of course. You just can't seem to ever kill. He always comes back and sometime with a friend (that cheater).

Ramza-Gau

RedCydranth
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
I don't care what enemy Gau wants to turn into, Ramza will destroy him. Ninja Ramza can kill anyone/anything.

Seifer vs. Squall in a game of chess!

Dking'squeen
01-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Squall in a game of chess
He's smart, tactical and for goodness sake he was the leader and coming up witht he plans the entire game *almost anyway*

Okay, okay, *don't known if it's been done*

Tifa vs Zell no summons/GFs

Buster Sword Strike
01-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Thats hard, I would say Zell though cause' he could use armagedon fist, which is stronger than all yeahs by far.

Hmm...
Ifrit Vs. Shiva

Clouded Sky
01-14-2005, 03:44 AM
IMO i'd have to go with ifrit. shiva may be able to dull the flames before melting in ifrits wrath. besides, he can chuck huge boulders at her :D

ok, i'm really looking for anything as a matchup so, hmm...

emerald weapon (VII) vs. omega weapon (X)

UltimateSpamGrover
01-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Emerald Weapon, Omega would just drown in the sea.

Excalibur (FF1) Vs. Ultima Weapon (Cloud's Ultimate Weapon FF7)

RedCydranth
01-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Depending on who weilds them it could be either. I'll give the Excalibur to FF1 Knight and the Ultima weapon to Cloud and its obvious. Now for fun, give Vivi Ultima weapon and Rosa Excalibur and theres a duel!

Since you can't pit weapons against eachother without specifying users thats really not a valid battle. The 2 swords would just lay there, thus draw.

Sephiroth and Cloud vs. Cecil, Freya, Yuna (FFX-2) and Guy

UltimateSpamGrover
01-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Cecil, Freya Yuna and Guy, (if they're at level 99) (For Yuna and Guy, if their stats are maxed out)
If not, Sephy and Cloud win.

Edward (FF4) Vs. Gordon (FF2) (Again, you say?)

RedCydranth
01-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Gordon because of FF2's whacked stat upgrading system.

Reis (FFT) vs. Gareth (FF2) the dragoon.

Flamethrower
01-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Gareth/Richard, because just as you stated, you can make him a powerhouse with good stats.

Since this was a pretty good debate in the other thread...

TEAM BLUE MAGE vs TEAM RED MAGE
Strago, Quistis, & Quina vs. FF1 Red Wizard, Tellah, & Faris (as a red mage)

rubah
01-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Blue mages. quina takes their magic away, and quistis kills them while strago stands around trying to give good advice and possibly healing if red mages try anything funny:P

Yojimbo vs. Gilgamesh (ff8)

strawberryman
01-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Yojimbo.
As the FF8 gilgamesh doesn't have many distinct abilities, and Yojimbo has Zanmato, it would'nt be a very long fight.(FF5 gilgamesh would whoop yojimbo, though.)

Knights Vs. Dragoons
Fighter, Cyan, and Steiner vs. Kain, Butz (Dragoon), and Freya.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-15-2005, 05:31 AM
The dragoons. they can just "Jump" and dodge all knight's attacks.

Galuf (Bare level 20) Vs. Tellah (level 20)

turnitup5000db
01-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Depends on whether tellah has all his spells back or not. If he does, then galuf is toast. If not, Galuf will whip that booty.

Big Bad Boss Battle Royale: Zeromus vs Kefka vs Sephiroth

Flamethrower
01-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Kefka would be first eliminated, followed by Sephiroth. No other FF villian can hold a candle to Zeromus in terms of power.

Zidane vs. Locke

RedCydranth
01-15-2005, 08:04 PM
A fully beefed Zidane vs. Fully beefed Locke = Locke. Locke may have less power but if he's mastered all the espers, Locke's got plenty to beat out our tailed FF9 Hero.

Rydia vs. Yuna (FF8) vs. Krile (Summons only.)

rubah
01-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Yuna.

*The* Magus Sisters. Then I'd say Cara[krile] because if necessary, she could mime bahamut several times, getting the jump on rydia.

Rikku (with her section of the spheregrid mastered) vs. Kimarhi (with rikku's section of the sphere grid mastered also)

UltimateSpamGrover
01-16-2005, 02:58 AM
Rikku because its HER portion of the sphere grid

FFII Characters at max Vs. FFV characters at max

DJZen
01-16-2005, 03:07 AM
FFV Characters. They have everything the FFII characters have plus summons and miming.

Diablos (FFVIII) vs. Atomos (FFIX)

Alexander
01-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Atomos, even though I really like Diablos. Hey, Atomos can swallow Diablos very easily with that enormous mouth.

Terra Break (Omega Weapon - FFVIII)

vs

Supernova (Sephiroth - FFVII)

RedCydranth
01-16-2005, 05:33 AM
Supernova, do I have to explain??

Aeris vs Rosa No magic.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Rosa, because she can easily kill Aeris with her bow. and Aeris dies in FF7 Rosa doesn't die in FF4.

Knight level 50 (FF1) Vs. Knight level 50 (FF5) with only Knight Abilities.

Flashback007
01-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Hmmm, Knight FF1 mastered all. At least it worked for always, so maybe I am just mistaking.

Shinryuu (FFV) vs Emerald Weapon (FFVII)

strawberryman
01-16-2005, 10:38 PM
I'd have to say that the emerald weapon would win. Shinryuu can use the tidal wave, but the Emerald Weapon Basically lives underwater.
Of course I could be wrong
Villians- Heroes
Chaos, Zeromus, Neo-Exdeath, Kefka, and Safer Sephiroth Vs.
Knight, Cecil (paladin), Butz (Traveler, all jobs mastered),
Locke, and Cloud.

Alexander
01-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Villains of course. o.o

Scholar (FF3) vs Cid (FF4)

Flamethrower
01-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Cid. What could the scholar possibly do to him? Check his HP and MP? OH MY GOD, BE AFRAID, CID! BE VERY AFRAID!

Kain, Celes, Lionheart, & Black Mage (FFI) vs. Locke, Shadow, Edge, & Vincent

(props to anyone who knows where those two teams are from)

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 12:15 AM
(props to anyone who knows where those two teams are from)

ANSWER
Kain FF4 (Jump)
Celes FF6 (Runic)
Lionheart (Leon FF2) (Can push its stats to max, no levels)
Black Mage (FFI) (Fire 3!)
WIN

vs.

Locke FF6 (What would Steal do?)
Shadow FF6 (Strong)
Edge FF4 (Look at shadow)
Vincent FF7 (Gun)
LOSE

Regent Cid (IX) Vs. Headmaster Cid (VIII)

Flamethrower
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I didn't mean what games they are individually from, I meant where they appear as a team. The answer is the popular Internet flash series, Final Fighting Fantasy. Kain/Celes/Lionheart/Black Mage (Kuro) are the "Dark Warriors" and Locke and Edge are part of Cid's (from Tactics) team, supposedly the Light Warriors. Shadow and Vincent arn't really part of the Light Warriors team but they seem to be alligned with them.

Anyway, to answer your question, Headmaster Cid. Though the fight would probably just entirely consist of girly slaps.

Cloud & Tifa vs. Squall & Rinoa vs. Zidane & Garnet

Sepho
01-17-2005, 01:59 AM
If, after a few Limit Break attempts, Rinoa still doesn't pull off Invincible Moon, Squall supposes he can waste one of his Holy Wars ("damn woman..."). Meanwhile, the other two pairs fight over whose hair is cooler, and eventually Zidane convinces Cloud that ne needs more Aquanet (exeunt Cloud and Tifa). By this time, the Holy War wears off and Squall & Rinoa finish off Zidane & Garnet. Zidane rushes Squall, but trips on his own tail, at which point he runs away because of the immense embarrasement (that, or his ass gets Renzokuken'ed). At the same time, Garnet is too busy concentrated on something so easy as sounding like a common idiot to waste time fighting, so she takes her leave of Rinoa. Squall & Rinoa win by default.

Angelo vs. Interceptor.

Then the winner vs. Boko

Slade
01-17-2005, 02:03 AM
whoops.....was a bit late for that one. Ok Interceptor cause he belongs to a ninja......and boko would be annialated by both of them....with all paws behind their backs.

Mrs Dincht (from Balamb town) vs Tidus's Mum (from Zanarkand)
:eek:

RedCydranth
01-17-2005, 03:14 AM
Mrs. Dincht. come on.. She raised that hellion. Tudus was a good kid, Zell was nothing but trouble. Mrs Dincht has balls.

Rufus vs. Dycedarg

one.winged.angel.
01-17-2005, 03:18 AM
dycedrag, rufus uses a gun the second dycedrag got near him he be screwed

jenova vs ultimecia

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Jenova would throw Ultimecia into a Mako Reactor, then Ultimicia mutates into Don Corneo and *censor*.

Winner: Don Corneo

Tidus Vs. Shuyin

RedCydranth
01-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Finally one I felt worth answering. Tidus because he's better. LOL, lame answer, but its true.

General Leo (FF6) vs. Melchior (CT)

I know its not FF, but its close, and were running out of people.

turnitup5000db
01-17-2005, 08:30 AM
General Leo. Melchoir isn't exactly what you'd call a fighter, y'know?

Fully Mastered Ramza Vs Fully Mastered Marche (Tactics Championship)

Flashback007
01-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Well, I don't know FFT so, I think I choose for Fully Mastered Marche. Also because he can use some very strong spells as Blue Mage etc.

Bahamut (FFIV) vs Bahamut (FFVIII)

RedCydranth
01-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Bahamut from 8 if you put good time into junctioning his stats up.

BTW, no way Marche could beat a properly beefed Ramza (Just sticking up for my game, FFT rules!!!)

Quetzecotl (8) vs Ramuh (7)

Flamethrower
01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Ramuh. He's the god of thunder, right? No bird could beat a god.

Mog vs Red XIII

Dking'squeen
01-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Nanaki, all the way;D
I think that Nakaki will treat Mog like a chew Toy

Okay
Bahamut Zero vs Bahamut *X-2*

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Sabin, because of Blitz

FFI Monk Vs. FFIII Monk

Dante WolfWood
01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
FFIII monk bc the FF1 monk was a total waste (IMO)

ok

Bahamut ZERO vs. Bahamut and neo Bahamut?

oooh????

Sepho
01-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Ramuh. He's the god of thunder, right? No bird could beat a god.
Qezacotl is a translation of Quetzacoatl, which is an Aztec god (or Mayan. I always get the two mixed up).

FFIII monk bc the FF1 monk was a total waste Bahamut ZERO vs. Bahamut and neo Bahamut?

The pair of lesser Bahamuts, for no other reason than because I said so (I'm tired - the next reason will be infinitely more creative. Maybe). And I, like, totally got skipped over. Like, completely.

Once again:

Angelo vs. Interceptor

Then the winner takes on Boko.

rubah
01-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Angelo gives you gold armors and hungry cookpots, and and revive you and help you break the damage limit once in an invincible moon.
*thinks* Angelo. Although interceptor was awful cool.

Man, what did boko ever do for us besides run around and have baby chocobos? :P

Quezacotl was an Aztek thing. I say this on the basis of fifth grade history, and the fact that the dude hung around mexico, in Tenochtitlan and stood on cactii.

Of course fifth grade a while ago, but I"m still fairly sure it's aztek. Yay tenochtitlan.

hmm. . .

Aeris vs. Galuf (not necessarily the white mage jobclass only)

UltimateSpamGrover
01-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Aeris can just whack Galuf in the head, and he'd get amnesia again (FFV-2 anyone?)

Cecil Vs Squall

RedCydranth
01-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Squall. He has a limit.

Tseng vs. Baigan

turnitup5000db
01-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Baigan. Tsengs weakness was that he happened to have a soul. Oh, and that he didn't work for a fiend, who worked for a dark wizard, who worked for a boss so powerful he is considered one of the most difficult bosses in the series.

Siegfried (FF6) VS Comatose Cloud at lv 99 VS the imp summon (FFIV) (Battle of the totally ineffective)

Alexander
01-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Imp Summon *shot*

One fron FFIX

Fenrir using Millenial Decay ou Fenrir using Terrestrial Rage?

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 08:25 AM
If Terrestial Rage is the move from FFIX, that would win, because there's nothing better than to be punched 30,000 feet into the air. :D

Zidane Vs Locke

RedCydranth
01-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Locke because of all the magic he can learn from espers. Zidane has nothing on that.

Strago vs. Relm

Alexander
01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
OFF: The two moves of Fenrir are from FFIX. The second one is done when Eiko summons Fenrir with the Maiden Prayer equipped.

ON:

Strago, because I like blue mages a lot XD

Cecil as a Dark Knight or Terra without Morph?

turnitup5000db
01-19-2005, 01:53 PM
you skipped one, so I'll answer both, just this once lol.

Strago vs Relm - Relm, she uses the paintbrush to mercilesly beat Strago over the head.

Cecil (DKN) vs Terra (- Morph) - Cecil. Sorry all ya terra fans, but in case you hadnt noticed, everything, including god, superman, and lincoln armed with fabreeze (See www.nuklearpower.com - twinkin out section, if you don't get it...) does... you guessed it... 1 damage to cecil.

Cloud (Circa FFVII) VS Cloud (Circa FFT WITH materia blade)
Assume each one has their respective Aeris in their corner.

Alexander
01-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Cloud FFVII. Hey, in FFT I NEED the Materia Blade to use Limit and Limit in FFT sucks o_o

All Blue Magic Quina or All Blue Magic Krile (WITHOUT other abilities of other jobs, huh)?

OFF: Hey! I ANSWERED the Strago one! O______o'''

Flamethrower
01-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Quina, because the Blue Magic in FFIX is some of the best Blue Magic in any Final Fantasy game ever. Frog Drop = 9999 Damage = Dead Krile.

Brother vs Brother
Edgar vs Sabin

EDIT: Oh and thanks to the people who corrected me about the Qezacotl thing eariler in this thread.

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Hmm...this could be a close one.

Sabin
- Pros. Bum Rush.
- Cons. Really poor equipment.

Edgar
- Pros. Air Anchor, Can equip Atma Weapon.
- Cons. Has a ponytail.

Possible Scenarios
1) Edgar uses Air Anchor. Sabin uses Blitz. Sabin messes up. Sabin dies.
2) Edgar Fights. Hits Sabin with Atma Weapon and Illumina eight times. Sabin dies.
3) Sabin uses Spiraler (because he's a meathead). Sabin dies.
4) Sabin uses Bum Rush. While spinning around Edgar he becomes entangled in Edgar's ponytail. Sabin suffocates and dies.

Ergo, Edgar is the victor.

Revised Pros and Cons.
Sabin
- Pros. Dies easily.
- Cons. Dies too easily.

Edgar
- Pros. Air Anchor, Can equip Atma Weapon, Has a ponytail.
- Cons. Wins too easily.

Lulu (FFX) vs Paine - Black Mage DS (FFX-2)

rubah
01-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Lulu.

Ultima fury:D You hardly get to touch upper level black magic in ffx-2.

PLUSHIE WAR:

from lulu's weapons, not any ones in specific, but if the weapons had their species' characteristics:

stuffed cait sith vs. stuffed moomba.

Dante WolfWood
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
cait sith just bc HES COOL IN FFVII!

REMATCH!

Irvine Kinneas Vs. Vincent Valentine (guns and all natural powers) [yes this includes Vincents limit break transformation]

p.s. I think Vincent Shoulda won the other one, he could use the claw to block and could take more damage bc he was scientificly altered. (and IMHO, hes a better shot too)

Flamethrower
01-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Irvine, just to make you mad.

I'm just messing with you. :p I think Vincent would win. It would actually be a very close match, but I think Mastered Materia is better than any Junction system, IMO. And if all else failed, Vincent could rip Irvine's face off.

Umaro vs Bartz (as a Berzerker)

Alexander
01-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Bartz... because Berserkers aren't that bad and Bartz is GOOD XD

About Limit Breaks:

Doom of the Living or Omnislash?

(They cause the same damage - to me at least -, so... o.o)

Flamethrower
01-20-2005, 02:30 AM
Omnislash is more powerful than Doom of the Living. However, if Cloud and Yuffie were higher than level 90, they would do equal damage. So it depends on what level they are on. Low levels: Omnislash. High levels: tie.

Malboro vs. Behemoth

RedCydranth
01-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Behemoth uses Meteo. Bye Bye Malboro. Bad Breath won't save you this time. Besides you are weak to fire.

FF6 Battle!
Wedge vs. Biggs

rubah
01-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Wedge. because he grows up to be a better blitzball player and didn't temporarily change his name.

dangit, forgot to put another one

Pupu vs. Friendly Yan

UltimateSpamGrover
01-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Pupu, because he doesn't have friendly in his name. :lol:

Wedge Vs Jessie (FF7)

Flamethrower
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Jessie, of course. Poor Wedge. Wedge vs. an Imp would of been a more fair fight.

To keep the current theme rolling...

Biggs & Wedge (FF6) vs. Biggs & Wedge (FF8)

RedCydranth
01-20-2005, 09:43 AM
FF8 Biggs and Wedge because they Don't die in the early part of the game.

In a game of Blitzball...

Sabin vs. Laguna

Sepho
01-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Laguna, because Setzer's overcoat would weigh him down, and he doesn't have a high enough STR stat to swim back up to the surface at half-time, under that heavy weight. Therefore, he drowns.

And Laguna kicks at an empty net.

Random FF Character vs. Random FF Character

Ramza vs. Galuf

TheSpoonyBard
01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Setzer? RedCyndranth said Sabin.

Sepho
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, then Sabin's... erm,... muscles would weigh him down. Or something. Same difference.

I was really tired. Go on, go on.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Squall Vs Zidane Vs Cecil

Flamethrower
01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
You forgot to answer SePhO_zO's orginally battle between Ramza and Galuf, so I'll do it. Galuf. Because...uh...I havn't played FFT and Galuf is cool.

For Zidane vs Squall vs Cecil, Squall would win. His junctions would make him too powerful for the other two. Unless Zidane had Thievery at max, then it would be a whole different story.

Knight Battle Royale
FF1 Knight vs. Lionheart vs. FF3 Knight vs. Cecil vs. Bartz (as a knight) vs. Cyan vs. Cloud vs. Squall vs. Steiner vs. Auron

Shoden
01-22-2005, 05:45 PM
wow difficult choice it would be a fight to the death for cloud squall auron and cecil

Squall as his junction system could whip most of them but it would be a close shave though

turnitup5000db
01-22-2005, 07:12 PM
GAH! MUST... HAVE ... NEW ... MATCHUP...
And, IMO, since it was never specified whether we were talking Dark Knight Cecil or Paladin Cecil, I have to say that DARK KNIGHT RULES ALL!!!!! Nothing except for Kain jumping on him ever did more than 30 dmg, and Kain was at a level equivalent of 64, while the highest you could reasonably be at that time is 20-23, if you completely focussed on battling and NEVER EVER RAN. So that doesn't count.

RedCydranth
01-22-2005, 08:29 PM
I like Flamethrower's battle Royale there. But since you never played tactics (I instruct you to do so immediately!!!) I'm throwing Orlandu in there, Here's how it plays out:

All 11 of them come to the center of the ring, shake hands as chivalrous knights do, when Cecil quickly swings at Cloud (he IS a Dark Knight...) Cloud tries to dodge but his left arm gets terribly cut. As the group stands in awe, Steiner reacts quickly and charges Cecil. Bartz then clangs swords with Cyan. Squall back off watching his back, but confronting nobody. Orlandu approaches Cloud and defends him from FF3 Knight's (I'll call him Bill) attack. Cloud thanks him and says he'll repay the favor (They ARE allies in Tactics). FF1 Knight (I'll call him Keith) and Leonheart are deuling near Cyan and Bartz. Leonhart pulls a swift swing around attack aimed for Keith but instead gashed Cyan's side, incapacitating him. Leonheart not realizing Cyan was there was left open and vulnerable. Bartz tries to capitalize on the open back of Leonhart but again, Orlandu comes and saves with a valiant block. Meanwhile Cloud, dripping with blood is fighting one handed against Bill. Bill with an obvious advantage screams to Squall for a 2 way attack to finish Cloud off. Squall swiftly runs to the opposite side of Cloud and prepares to attack. Just as the dual attack is about to take place a loud Clang is hear from Steiner's Sword against Cecil's shield. The loud cland delayed both Squall and Bill for enough time for Cloud to make a quick backwards somersalt and a stab at Squall. Unfortunatly his aim was off and got Cyan, who was slowly getting up. Cyan is the first to pass into death. Cecil who has been defending against Steiner's furious blows attempts a quick attack on his aggressor. Steiner, so focused on his flurry of sword swings never sees the attack coming. Just as Cecil's blade was going to strike Steiner's neck, Cecil is tackled by Orlandu. Orlandu quickly rises and looks at Steiner. Steiner nods in appreciation, and then tries to attack Orlandu. Keith, after seeing Cyan die by Cloud's blade, realized that even wounded Cloud is a better swordsman than he is. He also takes note that Bill and Squall are trying to kill Cloud. What better way to take out your enemy than joining his enemies? Bill, Squall and Keith form a triangle around the now drenched Cloud. They each take turns trying to catch him off guard. But to no avail. All 3 realize that the second that they try and perform a team attack they become vulnerable to eachother, so none of the combatants wish to try. Oddly, Auron just stands there amidst the turmoil unscathed and unchallenged. He decides that this is better than risking his neck and continues to be unnoticed. Steiner and Orlandu are going blow for blow. Cecil stands up after the deflect Orlandu gave moments earlier. Cecil draws his blade at Orlandu and charges. orlandu, being aware of his surroundings backs off of Steiner (giving Steiner an eye nod to his right). Steiner quickly defends against the blow that was meant to end Orlandu's life. The whole time all of this is going on, Bartz and Leonheart have successfully landed blows on eachother. Both drained and battered the look into eachothers eyes. They both know that they have only the energy for one last attack. They slowly draw their swords and attack eachother. In a huge spray of blood one of the men fall. Bartz's life has ended. Auron, witnessing the epic battle that Leonheart won decides now is the time to take action on the weak. he heads towards Leonheart. Cloud, now tired and with severe loss of blood from Cecil's first strike, still holds off the trio of Squall, Keith and Bill. Just when his strength is about to give out a few familiar orange rings eminate from Cloud's feet. It's limit break time! Meanwhile Cecil's forceful strike was blocked by Steiner leaving a clear opening for Orlandu to strike. Steiner looks to Orlandu to deal the fateful blow upon their common adversary. Orlandu rushes off.
Auron leaps into the air at Leonheart. Leonheart, knowing he'd be easy pickings after his struggle against Bartz closes his eyes and accepts his fate. Auron, mid-air notices he has given up and holds back his attack. As Auron lands beside the battered Leonheart, he starts to ask him why. Just then Leonheart's blade peirces Auron through the chest. Auron has gone to the farplane. Cloud's rage rises and he flies at Bill screaming. Bill scared from never seeing a Limit break freezes in bewilderment. Cloud, with at least 40 slashes of the sword, makes Bill look like cube steak. FF3's hero is slain. While Cloud's Omnislash made short work of Bill, Keith and Squall start to go at it. Squall attacks with a greatly timed Renzokuken, knocking Keith on his posterior. Cecil, frustrated at his consistancy of failed attacks backs off and thinks that perhaps he is not on par with these valiant men. Both Steiner and Orlandu have parried his best attacks. The only blow he's succeeded with was a cheap shot on Cloud, and out of the corner of his eye, it seems as if his blow to FF7's spikey haired hero has barely affected him. Cecil, feeling out of his league now decides to go down in a blaze of glory. Cecil charges Steiner and Steiner is more than ready to take whatever Cecil is ready to deal. Leonheart, Standing over a fallen Auron and Bartz looks to see how others are faring. He notes that amidst this chaos he seems to be doing quite well. Almost all the combatants are as tired if not more tired than he is. This realization renews his fighting spirit and he runs towards Steiner and Cecil. Cloud, after blowing all of his remaining energy on Bill collapses and passes out. Orlandu, comes to Cloud and stands above him, as if he were guarding an ancient treasure or defending a soccer net. Squall, standing over Keith with his gunblade at his throat, smiles with victory. Keith, in desperation hits Squalls blade and leaps up. Just as his feet plant onto the ground firmly the edge of Squall's blade cuts into the neck of FF1's promoted fighter. Within a matter of nanoseconds keith's head and his body are no longer talking to one another. It seems as if they have parted ways. FF1's Keith has met his fate. Cecil charges at Steiner, Steiner dodges to the left, leaving an oncoming Leonheart in Cecil's path. Cecil realizing he has failed to peirce Steiner again slows down before he realizes the opening he had on Leonheart. Leonheart slide tackes Cecil knocking both warriors to the ground. Steiner comes over trying to decide who'd be the optimal target to eliminate. Squall, only seconds ater he successfully lopped the head off of Keith turns towards where he last saw Cloud. He notices orlandu over Cloud's seemingly lifeless body. Squall thinks to himself that riteous Orlandu turned his back on his friend and finished off cloud for him. All the better, so he charges at Orlandu. Orlandu, in prime defensive position realizes Squall's mistake in his belief that Cloud has perished. Orlandu readies his shield to embrace Squall's iminant attack. Steiner takes his sword and rams it through the stomach of Cecil. Cecil had been a thorn in his side long enough. Cecil's eyes roll back in his head. Leonheart rolls away and onto his feet. He then hastily steams towards Steiner who has just gored Cecil. Orlandu blocks Squall's attack. Squall retreats realizing that Orlandu has yet to lay a harmful strike upon anyone. Orlanndu stands and waits for Squall's next move. Squall realizes that Orlandu's offense IS his defense and that he must figure out a loophole. Squall then turns and races towards Steiner and Leonheart who have no idea of Squall's incoming attack. Just as Steiner puuls his sword from Cecil's body to defend Leonheart's attack it is puled back towards the ground. To Steiner's amazement Cecil, coughing up blood, grasped onto Steiner's blade rendering him defenseless. Steiner's eyes light up as he realizes Leonheart's attack will soon be his end. Just as Leonheart goes to slash Steiner's chest, he sees Squall charging at the rear. It seems as if they will strike Steiner at the exact same moment. Just as the 2 collide their attack on Steiner, he is shoved away by Orlandu. Both Leonheart's and Squalls blades cut straight through Orlandu's body, leaving him in 3 pieces. Orlandu has left the building. Steiner, now bladeless due to Cecil's last ditch grab realizes that he will soon be fodder for the 2 remaining competitors. Squall, satisfied in his outmaneuvering and out thinking the great T,G. Cid setshis sights on the defenseless Steiner. Leonheart, realizing that Cecil is still breathing goes to finish him off. Squall points his blade at Steiner then runs his thumb across his neck as if to say You're Next. Steiner readies his fists. Squall gives a slight laugh, but reamains focused on the battle as to not lose his cool over cockiness. Squall then approaches Steiner. Leonheart, standing over Cecil, looking into the eyes of a soon to be dead man, grins in anticipation. Leonheart raises his blade above his hear and brings it down like he is chopping wood. Cecil is dead. Leonheart, Standing tall in his victory feels a burning sensation in his chest. He looks down to see the end of a sword poking through just as his conciousness blacks out. Leonheart falls lifeless to the ground. Squall sprnting towards Steiner launches an attack towards Steiner's head. the weaponless Steiner ducks in time to keep his cranium attached to his neck. As his head is ducked he sees Cyan's dead body by his feet and even better, his kotetsu sword. Steiner picks it up and readies himself for Squall. Squall, as he turns around to confront Steiner again sees Cloud over Cecil and Leonheart's bodies. How could this be? Squall thought he was dead. In the moment of disbelief, Steiner rushes Squall and stabs him in the shoulder. Squall winces in pain as Steiner withdraws his blade from his torso. Cloud, making his way towards the two remaining combatants, sees Orlandu's corpse and says a silent prayer. Squall brings his blade up with his left hand. His right shoulder is too injured to carry such a heavy blade. His left hand has trouble weilding the large gunblade. Steiner too takes notice of Cloud approaching and backs away. Squall back up a few feet to where Keith's body lays strewn. He bends down and swaps his gunblade for Keith's sword. A much lighter more versatile sword will have to due, but will it be enough to take both Cloud and Steiner on? Especially an uninjured Steiner. Squall readies his sword. Steiner tightens the grip on Cyan's kotetsu. Cloud wearily raises his sword. The final standoff is about to ensue, thinks Steiner as he looks at both Cloud and Squall. Only one will walk away. All 3 charge at eachother at the same instant. In a seemingly well choreographed battle the 3 brave men mercilessly attack eachother and parry eachothers attacks, not landing a single blow. Steiner looks more to be fencing than sword fighting, Cloud throwing out calculated blow after calculated blow only to be blocked by Squall and Steiner. Squall, not quite at ease with the lighter, weaker blade he took from his fallen nemesis, seems to be doing well. After a flurry of misses and blocks the 3 grow tired and weak. Both Squall and Cloud are drenched in blood. Steiner, drenched in sweat and other people's blood, appears exhausted. Cloud steadies his thoughts and racing heart to focus on the next series of attacks when Steiner collapses from exhaustion. Squall thinks it may be a tactic to draw him or Cloud off guard. Squall decides not to attack the fallen enemy and rather focus his fight onto Cloud. Squall intends to finish his battle he had from before. Cloud, seeing the seemingly passed out Steiner goes through the same thoughts that Squall did. But he realizes that Steiners Bluff will mean the end of either him or Squall if no one acts now. Cloud leaps over towards the downed Steiner. Steiner seeing the flying Cloud launches the Kotetsu up at Cloud peircing him through the chest. Squall, seeing this sppeds to take advantage of the near death Cloud and the now again weaponless Steiner. Cloud, being struck in the chest loses controll of all balance and lands flat on his chest forcing the sword to fully spear him. Cloud is in 7th heaven. Squall comes in and stabs steiner in his stomach. Steiner grabs Squalls sword, reminicent of Cecil's prior deed. Steiner rises to his feet, remover the sword from his gut and casts it aside. Squall and Steiner look at eachother eye to eye. Steiner proposes a draw. Squall accept the draw. They extend hands and as they begin to shake heands Squall spins around Steiner and snaps his neck. Steiner foolishly loses.

Our winner, Squall with a broken clavicle and massive blood loss.

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my little work of art.

Flamethrower
01-22-2005, 09:02 PM
That was great. Good job, man. :)

Since Shoden didn't post a new battle, you can go ahead and do it.

RedCydranth
01-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that took quite a while to write up.

Okay, Tifa vs. Guy (No limit breaks)

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Tifa will win due to Guy getting distracted by her more-than-abundant chest.

Yuna (FFX - completed Sphere Grid and all Aeons)
vs
Yuna (FFX-2 - access to all DS, all magic, and equipped with an Iron Duke and Cat Nip))

rubah
01-23-2005, 10:17 PM
FFX Yuna.

You can't have auto life in ffx-2, if I remember correctly. at least I've never seen it-_- Not as an inherent ability. Customize yuna up a auto haste first strike auto life and she'll have the magus sisters whip x-2 yuna before you can say boo. Especially if your completed sphere grid is customized.

I can never really get a lot of hits in with trigger happy anyways.

Anyways:

Rinoa in Angel Wing status vs. Rinoa in a loop of constantly summoning Angelo up. same character stats and such.

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2005, 10:31 PM
You can get Auto-Life in FFX-2 but you need to activate a GG gate.

Angelo Rinoa casts Invincible Moon.
AW Rinoa casts Meteor - nothing happens.
Angelo Rinoa casts Wishing Star - lots of damage, she wins.

Penance VS Ozma VS All varieties of WEAPONS (individually)

RedCydranth
01-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Ozma. He's tough.

To keep this thread going,

Lover's battle:
Squall and Rinoa vs. Cloud and Tifa vs. Tidus and Yuna

Flamethrower
01-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Cloud and Tifa. Tifa would just heal Cloud while Cloud Omnislashes the others to death.

Here's one for the FFVIII fans...

Seifer, Rajin, & Fujin vs. Laguna, Kiros, & Ward

Alexander
01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Seifer, Rajin e Fuujin. Because I HATE Laguna XD

Rydia from FFIV ou Celes from FFVI? ONLY Black Magic

RedCydranth
01-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Celes because of Runic. Celes would Runic until Rydias MP is gone. Then Shazam... Death.

Galuf vs. Krile
Now THATS a fair matchup!

turnitup5000db
01-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Not really fair... If its before galuf dies, then Krile has none of his powers, so galuf whoops it up. If its after galuf dies, then Krile is beating the hell out of a corpse, so krile wins.

Tellah(Spells remembered) VS Strago (Brittle old man hip breaking deathmatch)

Flashback007
01-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Tellah would use Meteo and kill Strago, but then dies because of the using of Meteo. So....no winner.

Bahamut (FFVIII) vs Tiamat (FFVIII)

Sepho
01-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Bahamut - higher stats, and a non-elemental attack with no elemental weakness is always an advantage.

Can't think of anything - someone else go.

TheSpoonyBard
01-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Blue Mages from FFV to FFX-2 in an 6-way deathmatch. Blue Magic ONLY.

FFV:Faris (Blue Mage) vs FFVI:Strago vs FFVII:Cait Sith with Enemy Skill materia vs FFVIII:Quistis vs FFIX:Quina vs FFX:Kimahri vs FFX-2:Yuna (Gun Mage)

RedCydranth
01-29-2005, 10:27 PM
If its ONLY Blue Magic then I'd say Cait Sith with the E.Skill materia. If its anything goes Kimahri with the full grid.

Full out Brawl.

All FF7 characters vs. FF8 characters vs. FF9 characters

Good guys only.

Flamethrower
01-30-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm going to assume you mean playable characters, since there's way too many good guys in each game to count. Let's see...that's nine people on the FFVII side, six for FFVIII, and eight for FFIX (I'm not counting temporary characters like Laguna, Beatrix, ect.), so FFVII certainly has the number advantage. However, I think the FFVIII crew would win, and here's how: Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Quistis, and Irvine form a human chain around Selphie, casting Aura, Shell, Protect, Regen and all kinds of support spells on her while defending off the other characters from harming her. They manage to defend her and keep her alive long enough for her to find the The End spell, and she uses it, resulting in a FFVIII victory.

Relm vs. Eiko in a fist fight.

rubah
01-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Eiko.

She'd stab relm with that horn she has.

Galuf in the Dancer jobclass with no equipment and no secondary ability vs paine in the Songstress dressphere in the first garment grid and no accessories.

(please don't ask me why. I'm not entirely sure of that)

Alexander
01-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Galuf. I've never played FFX-2 to like Paine/Songstress or not.

A fully beefed Strago or a fully beefed Kimahri?

RedCydranth
01-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Fully beefed Kimahri... The damage he can do is crazy. At that high of stats Blue magic means little. But Strago can summon whatever esper hes got equipped... Kimahri's quicker and stronger physically.

Gogo vs. Umaru

turnitup5000db
01-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Uhm... Umaru was sort of like the hulk, in that he got a LOT stronger when he was chronically pissed off... (either that, or the rage ring simply made him PMS... either way...) And I don't know about you, but when someone immitates every move I make, I tend to get a little pissed. And even more pissed when they don't stop, and it turns into an endless cycle. Eventually, Umaru would get so pissed that he would be sort of like gray hulk... and that is bad. Gogo dies via intense searing rage and a punch that would make all the force of the hiroshima and nagasaki blasts cohesivly combined and condensed into a strike the size of a sewing needle look like a big wet kiss, then Umaru starts playing beach ball with galaxies. Umaru wins, we all lose.

Relm at lv 99 vs child Rydia at lv 99 (Battle of the insanely overpowered younguns)

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
I'd have to say Rydia because she can summon more than one different summon at anytime. Relm can only summon the esper shes got equipped. Other than that its a draw.. Relm.. Draw... Oh that's bad.

Cyan vs. Cid FFVII

Edgar
01-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Cid because by the time Cyan manages to get his swordtec up, Cid would've already killed him.

Freya vs. Kain

TheSpoonyBard
01-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Freya, because girls are the best. Anyway, Freya has Kain's Lance, so he'd be in a bit of a pickle.

Sabin (Blitz) vs Zell (Limit Break)

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Thats a good fight. I'd say Sabin from all the training on Mt. Koltz. But Zell bruises up Sabin some.

In a game of blitzball

Tidus vs. Jecht

Trumpet Thief
01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
chaos: Jecht. Tidus would just cry when the ball whacks his head.

Rubedo: Fighter from FFI vs. Kain from FFIV :p

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Kain because fighter isn't even promoted to Knight yet, also Kain's sweet jumps would knock FF1's fighter right out, even if he was a knight, he'd still lose.

In a game of Scrabble:

Celes vs. Yuna

(I'm getting creative now.)

Trumpet Thief
01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
chaos: Yuna would win. There are so many names in FFX that if the letters "chejt" were all that she had, she'd still be able to come up with Tidus' dad.

Staring Contest:

Tellah vs. Steiner (:D)

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Steiner, his loyalty and perseverance to a set task goes unrivaled! Tellah, 30 seconds in would forget his task and fall asleep.

In a game of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the PS2

Gau vs. Guy

rubah
02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Guy. He's got the husky look that's fitting for it:D

(you can't use proper nouns in scrabble, dangit! But I think ffx has about a million more items thoughX.x

X-Potion;D)

Poetry slam--

Squall or Paine

battle of the angsty ones;D

turnitup5000db
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Paine, just because nearly all of Squall's vocabulary is "...".

Edge VS Irvine in a Hit on Chicks-off

RedCydranth
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Irvine is way more the Ladies man than Edge. EASY!!

In thumbwrestling

Eiko vs. Relm

Alexander
02-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Eiko XD

Reina/Lenna as Berserker or Umaro?

turnitup5000db
02-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Reina is a frail little princess. Umaro is a sasquatch. Umaro grabs Reina, and the palace guards turn him into yeti fillets.

Fighter VS B. Mage VS W. Mage VS Thief VS R. Mage VS B. Belt in a dance off (Victory dances, assume ff1 vintage characters.)

RedCydranth
02-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Its a draw, they all do the same dance. But if it were more realistic I'd thing the Black Belt because he's more agile.

Most likely to sell Strago a car:

Zell or Selphie

DJZen
02-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Selphie, 'cause she's WAAAAAAY more in your face than Zell, and if she ever drops her pen.....

Who would win in a belch off? Palom or Porom?

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2005, 08:28 PM
They're twins, so a draw.

Most likely to win a ball room dancing competition:

Locke + Celes VS Cloud + Tifa VS Squall + Rinoa VS Zidane + Garnet VS Tidus + Yuna

DJZen
02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
probably Locke & Celes, but no matter which way you look at it, someone's feet are going to get stepped on!

Quina vs. Eiko and her Moogles in a Kitchen Stadium cook off.

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Eiko and her Moogles would win. Although Quina is the better cook she would eat her meal before the judges have time to grade it.

Bahamut vs. Valefor vs. Tiamat in a flying drag race. (A to B, no laps)

dufflebag
02-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Bahamut because he is so much bigger and stronger so i think he would fly faster.

odinVII vs.odinVIII vs.odinIX

RedCydranth
02-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Odin IX because he watched the other two beat eachother to a pulp then finishes off the weakened victor of that fight.

in a spitting contest Cid FF7 vs Yang

DJZen
02-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Yang would win with a mighty "ACHOOOO!!!"

Edge vs. Yuffie in a hands-tied-together-knife-fight-a-la-the-video-for-Beat-It?

Alexander
02-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Edge \o\

In a "suckiness contest":

Maria from FFII

or

Cait Sith from FFVII?

Destai
02-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Caith Sith has a microphone. He's unstoppable!

I pass on my go to next poster.

DJZen
02-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I'll take that pass but only if I get to disagree.

Mog vs. Edward in a DJ battle.

RedCydranth
02-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Mog! Totally. Edward was tone deaf for a bard. Plus Mogs got the dances to go with the mad beats.

In an eating contest.

Quina vs. The rest of FF9's heroes.

Apollo
02-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Quina would scarf all the food in like 10 seconds all the others wouldn't stand a chance.

In a battle anything goes

Celes VS Maria

rubah
02-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Maria. She starts smacking on herself, and Celes is confused. Celes decides to see what's so cool about hitting yourself, hits herself with one of them swords that casts spells, and it casts the spell and kills her^_^

then maria gets a crapload of random gil.

Zidane vs. the Squatter monkeys in X-2 in the battle of the origin of the species:D

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:14 AM
The monkeys would stack together and wear a dress and while Zidane tried to look up it one would hit him with a club.

Edgar vs. Paine in a game of Triple Triad

RedCydranth
02-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Edgar hung out with Setzer, the king of gamblers. Edgar wins.

in a staring contest,

Frionel vs. Locke

Cloud Strife fanatic
02-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Locke, because i just want to post a challenge.

(sword duel)
Cloud vs Tidus

Alexander
02-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Cloud, because Tidus will miss the target XD

In a staff fight (XD):

Dagger from FFIX or Aerith from FFVII?

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Aeris will win because her staffs are much longer and in-game can have 255 Strength.

In a weightlifting competition:

Mog (FFVI) vs. Mog (FFIX)

Destai
02-07-2005, 08:56 PM
erm...clearly it would be Mog

A game of dungeons and dragons between Barret and Zell.

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2005, 09:13 PM
One of them will get angry and smash the game (probably Barret accompanied by some explicit language)). This will cause Zell to do one of two things. 1) Start a fight with Barret or 2) Run away. Either way Barret will win.

Slighty off-topic now.

In a game of 52 card pick up:

Setzer (FFVI) vs. Gambit (X-Men)

DJZen
02-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Playing against each other? That doesn't really happen much but.....

Barret would be the first one to flip out and start firing shots randomly, Zell would get swiss cheesed.

Selphie vs. Rikku in a holding still contest.... DURING A THUNDER STORM!

rubah
02-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Rikku.

She'd faint first.

Although selphie might pass out from holding her breath longer than she's supposed to:P

Warrior Monk(ff7) vs Shinra Soldier[blue] (ff7) vs Biggs [but not wedge] (ff8_
in a being lazy contest.

crashNUMBERS
02-08-2005, 02:20 AM
shinra soldier cause i dunno who warrior monk is and biggs is a wuss.

lets make a hard one shall we

ff1 thief vs
ff1 ninja vs
ff3 thief vs
ff3 ninja vs
ff4 edge vs
ff5 thief vs
ff5 ninja vs
ff6 locke vs
ff6 shadow vs
ff7 yuffie vs
ff8 zell with the mug ability vs
ff9 zidane vs
ff10 rikku vs

.........um thats about it... hmmmmmm oh yeah pavel from ff2 (npc)

turnitup5000db
02-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Ok, heres how it breaks down. The thieves from FF1/3 are just underpowered ninjas, so they obviously die. FFV thief is just useless in a fight unless he's running like the little pansy he is, so he's gone. Zell has mug, true, but he's also an egotistical jackass and will be so busy trying to impress his ninja buddies that he'll simply die on the end of someones sword/dagger/ninja star/anything else pointy. Yuffie had a big ninja star, but realistically her magic capacity was severely limited, unless she had all master materia, so she's kinda out. Edge... well, lets face it he was powerful but he was also sort of a doofus as long as ANY woman was around, and with a distraction like rikku... well, he's dead meat. The FF1/3 ninjas were also severely underpowered compared to their later counterparts, as was Mr Pavel. Now we are down to...

FFV Ninja
FFVI Locke
FFVI Shadow
FFIX Zidane
FFX Rikku

This is where it gets interesting. First to go down is Rikku, because she's a little dull, and you can scare her off with bolt1 if things get desperate, not to mention her poor physical damage. The FFV Ninja holds out for awhile, but the crippling lack of magic power compared to the FFVI characters is just too much, and he/she is knocked out of the tourney. Now we have Zidane, Locke and Shadow. Locke is no match for the others, as stealing is no good in this kind of fight when your foes can throw everything, including the kitchen sink your way. Now its down to zidane and Shadow, and the running is pretty much even, UNTIL!!! Interceptor jumps in and rips out Zidanes throat. Shadow and interceptor win as Co champions.

Who can keep from wetting their pants longer in the face of vintage FF1 Chaos - Edward/Gilbert of FFIV or Siegfriend of FFVI?

Alexander
02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Siegfried. Because Gilbert is so damn idiot and afraid of everything o.o

In a cuteness fight (o__O)

Chicobo (FFVIII) and Bobby Corwen (FFIX)

or

Mog (FFVI) and Mog (FFIX)?

Flamethrower
02-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Chicobo and FFVI Mog.

In a free style dance-off:

Mog (FFVI) vs. Freya

turnitup5000db
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
mog is the dance masta.

Red mage armed with febreeze vs lincoln with a +12 cap of godlike power

Rase
02-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Red Mage because, well, it's Febreeze!

Golbez(FFIV) VS. Kefka, Pre-Final Boss Mode. (FFVI)

Golbez
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/4golbeze-b.gif

Kefka
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/6kefka-b.jpg

turnitup5000db
02-14-2005, 11:37 AM
I have to go with golbez on this one... he has "hold gas". I think that attack worked on the principle that you said its name and your enemy rolled around on the ground laughing for a few turns.

Edward vs The final boss from FFMQ (think his name was dark king or something) with a hospital roof as the setting.

Rase
02-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Dark King, Since Edward doesn't have CURE and therefore can't exploit the stupid weakness. Plus, Dark Kings a Spider, and Edward's afraid of, well, a lot of things, maybe spiders also.

Edge (FFIV) VS. Edgar (FFVI).

ScottNUMBERS
02-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Edgar obviously because of drill :rolleyes2 even though i dunno who edge is.

queen remedi (FFTA) vs ogma the world wyrm (FFTA)

rubah
02-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Remedi. Mostly because I'm lacking in ta knowledge, and because I vaguely recall her being really. . .spookyweird

Squall vs Tidus vs Amarant vs Faris in a game of E.R.S. (card game, like war+slap jack. You have to lay face cards on face cards to continue, if you fail within a certain number of cards, the person that went before you gets all the cards in the pile. slap on doubles. takes a bit of reflexes. but I didn't want to use thieves, so we have the moderately agile warriors.)

ScottNUMBERS
02-15-2005, 11:07 PM
tidus is the winner because he has auto-haste on this paticular occation :cool:

BATTLE OF THE CLOWNS!!!

kefka vs. micheal jackson

Snap Jumper
02-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Kefka. MJ would be sidetracked in Mobliz.

Terra vs. Tifa (no Espers or Materia)

Flamethrower
02-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Terra. Illumnia Sword + Atma Weapon + Genji Glove + Offering = Bye Bye Tifa.

Queen Brahne vs. Quina in a swimsuit competition. :D

crashNUMBERS
02-15-2005, 11:57 PM
GOD thats horrible!

ill just guess.....ummm.... QUINA! They're both utterly ugly but quinas a hero. (pointing finger) aha.

Aeris & rinoa in a hotness fight.

I would've said tifa but thats too un-original, used too much.

rubah
02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Rinoa.

Barret vs. Auron in a bike-riding marathon thing.

Flamethrower
02-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Auron, after Barret has trouble steering with his one hand and crashes.

Kefka vs. Ultros in a stand-up comedy competition.

Rase
02-16-2005, 03:23 AM
Ultros, since Kefka would just kill off the audience.

Zeromus (IV) VS. Chaos (I).

Zeromus
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4/graphics/screen/zeromus.gif

Chaos
http://gridley.res.carleton.edu/~straitm/ffbosses/chaos.png

turnitup5000db
02-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Zeromus is generally accepted to be the most difficult boss in any of the ff games, so I'd say he's got this one.

A Sephiroth fangirl vs a Squall fangirl in a fight to the death, assume a barbed wire steel cage as the setting with various blunt objects scattered around.

Masamuneˇ1600
02-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Neither would survive.

Battle of the Annoying Rumors!

Resurrected General Leo, armed with Gamma Sword and Paladin Ring, vs. Resurrected Aeris, equipped with Gigo, Super Nova, and Knights of a Higher Order Materia(s), vs. a fake Sephiroth, rebuilt from 1/35 Soldiers.

ScottNUMBERS
03-05-2005, 12:33 AM
aeris because super nova is coool! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

quina vs vivi at a game of tennis using their weapons as rackets. (quina:fork vivi:staff -incase u didnt know :) )

crashNUMBERS
03-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Um quina because it has a fork is kinda curved.

every single black mage in existince in ff that is playable battle. As a matter of fact all white mages. nononono black and white.

Destai
03-05-2005, 01:27 AM
White mages
Trying to seduce Quisits, Irvine vs. Zidane.

rubah
03-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Zidane. We know about quistis' fetishes, what with the whips and all. Tails are the next best thing.

Karaoke time!

The ever *sexy* Galuf! in the bard jobclass, vs. Nooj, in the nonexistant but surely feasible songstress dressphere.

(two moderately hot old guys belting them out. c'mon you know you want to see it)

My name is...something..?
03-05-2005, 06:25 AM
(sound of someone throwing up in the background)

Harvest Moon
03-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Galuf. (God save us all..)

Tellah versus Sadra.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-14-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm going to have to trust 8-Bit Theatre on this one. Sarda wins, especially since Tellah most likely forgot any spells of use.

Now for a truly horrifying battle: Kefka vs. Heidegger, based on whose laugh could most quickly depopulate a large city.

rubah
03-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Kefka.

*shudders*

I melted inside everytime I heard that tinny 'woop woop!' sound ;_;;; It's like, you just know something horrible's going to happen;_;;;

Red XIII vs. Kimarhi vs. Zidane in a 'who's got the prettiest tail now, huh, huh?!' competition.

TheSpoonyBard
03-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Easily Nanaki, his tail is on fire! I like fire. In a purely non-pyromaniacal way, of course :P

Edgar vs Cloud vs Zack vs Sephiroth vs Squall vs Seifer vs Steiner vs Beatrix vs Tidus vs Auron in a 'Whose sword can cut the biggest lump of wood' contest.

RedCydranth
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Its not just the sharpness of the sword, its the muscle behind it. If all swords had equal sharpness,Steiner.

Oh, wood comes in Logs or Boards.. not lumps. (Although it was a funny way of putting it.)

In a "Price is Right" wheel spinoff -

Sabin, Unne, Marlene or Kuja

udsuna
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Definately Unne. Without doubt- he's the only one of the bunch likely to know the price of ANYTHING. Ok, then, karaoke singing contest between the various Cids- who would win? (you can't just say "Cid"- you have to name the FF# of that Cid's world, too.)

Yew-Yevon
03-16-2005, 07:09 PM
how about Yu-Yevon vs Anima......overdives only

Chris
03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Yu-Yevon. :D

http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/28qm3q or http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/28qm8i

Cloud drag or Sephiroth drag?

udsuna
03-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey, wait a second, wasn't someone supposed to answer mine before moving on to the next? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

But, yeah, definately Sephy :love:. That wink :love:.

Harvest Moon
03-16-2005, 11:32 PM
It would come to the dragoon cids but FF7 would stick a peice of dynate in the rectum of FF4's and boom! (Litteraly heheh..) Cid from FF7 is the winner!

Cute couple matchup:

Vivi and Lulu
versus
Wakka and Tifa.

strawberryman
03-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Vivi and Lulu. No question.

All villian Battle Royale!
Garland vs Golbez vs Kefka vs Exdeath vs Sephiroth vs Ultimecia vs Kuja

and another twist- no signature moves! (IE; Sephiroths Supernova, Kefkas Fallen one)

Dormos
03-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Joe C. with his mad rappin' pimp slappin' mind blowin' midget capabilities.

... Not really, but I've never seen half of those guys so... Yes.

rubah
03-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Kefka, because he would freak everyone else out. with his nasty little laugh.

Who could create the best instrument of torture/execution:

Rosa, Relm, Aeris, selphie, garnet, yuna, or pennelo?

udsuna
03-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Aeris... she's already expressed the intent of crushing someone's testicles... plus, all she'd have to do is heal the poor SOB and then she could do it again... and again... and again...

FF6 NPC swimsuit competition- who wins?

RedCydranth
04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Geshtal in a surprise landslide LOL

Shiva vs Ifreet

DJZen
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Ifrit wins by default 'cause he's a guy and we all know that girls can't fight ;P

Frioniel vs. Lionheart

rubah
04-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Lionheart on account of hotness. <3

level 16 Holy vs. Level 16 Ultima vs. Level 16 Flare (keeping the ff2j theme)

Masamuneˇ1600
04-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Ultima, because it's a story element. Forget the actual damage.

Ultima (FFII) vs. Ultima (FFVI) vs. Ultima (FFVII) vs. All-Ultima (FFT; you didn't really think I was going to list Ramza's version, I hope) vs. Ultima (FFVIII) vs. Ultima (FFIX) vs. Ultima (FFX, FFX-2). Hell, throw in Ultima Weapon's Ultima Beam (FFVII) as well.

ScottNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Ultima.

Imp (FF1) vs penance (ff10) at a game of snakes and ladders.

KoShiatar
07-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Imp, because let's let him win something for once in his life.

Quina (fork) vs. Yang's wife (frying pan of love!)

ScottNUMBERS
07-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Quina, because shes hotter. :cool:

Stand up comedy.
gogo vs. Bahamut

Christmas
07-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Gogo will just do whatever Bahamut do. So it will just be a draw or they kill each other.

How about the Magus Sister VS the YRP?

RedCydranth
07-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh dear god. Is that even a contest? Magus Sisters..

Garland (FFI) vs Garland (FFIX)

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Garland(I) he can turn in to Chaos. That and IX Garland is a loser.

Cid(IV)vs.Cid(VII)

Sephi
07-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Cid from ff4... He survived a volcano collapsing on him! That's hardcore

Celes vs. Beatrix

RedCydranth
07-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Bah, you beat me Sephi

Beatrix breaks Celes.

Swimsuit competition:

Barret vs. Cid (IV) vs Ward

MAS82587
07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
barret because he Obviously works out.
Tifa vs Rude in a boxing match

Snap Jumper
07-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Tifa. She never needed weapons any other time.

Interceptor vs. Angelo

TheSpoonyBard
07-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Interceptor. Far more dangerous than the pampered pooch that is Angelo.

Scarlet (FFVII) vs. Lani (FFIX)

RedCydranth
07-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Sniped again... Since I cant remember either, I'll go with Scarlet because the name's cooler.

Squall/Rinoa vs. Cloud/Aeris vs. Cecil/Rosa vs. Tidus/Yuna on the gameshow "Newlyweds".

MAS82587
07-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Cloud/Aeris, because you just dont mess with a cetra.

Edgar vs Irvine vs Zidane
battle of the ladies men

RedCydranth
07-17-2005, 04:45 PM
This one depends... if its a battle to get the lady, of course Irvine wins. He's too slick to let one get away. Edgar comes on too strong and Zidane's not really a ladies man, he just had time to win Garnet's approval.

If its a battle to the death, fighting, Edgar chainsaws his way through his adversaries.

Setzer vs. Cait Sith in a game of Backgammon.

KoShiatar
07-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Setzer, no way for Cait.

Cait Sith vs. Edea in a fortune telling contest.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
edea because cait sith sucks and when he predicted that aeris is a perfect match for him he was totally wrong tifas is better in every way.edea doesnt do much fortune telling but is better than cait sith.

yangVStifaVSzell in a boxing/kungfu match.

MAS82587
08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
tifa cuz rules state that you cant hit girls.
yuffie vs selfie vs eiko vs rikku
in an annoying match (see who can annoy you the quickest)

KoShiatar
08-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Rikku. I get annoyed just when I see her clothes.

Edge vs. Locke in a stealing contest.

MAS82587
08-07-2005, 10:09 PM
edge because locke isn't a theaf, hes a treasure hunter. :)
terra (esper) vs trance kuja
closest thing to a naked battle i can think of.

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
trance kuja because even the esper from of terra doesnt come close to kujas amizing powers and kuja would just be using trance powers like mad.

rydia versus garnet in a summoning contest.

KoShiatar
08-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Rydia, because she is THE summoner.

Rydia vs. Yuffie in a sharp tongue + "I'll end your reproductive years, man!" fight.

DJZen
08-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Rydia, Yuffie didn't exactly have the best zingers...

Steiner vs. Cyan in a nerf bat extreme challenge.

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
cyan would completely total steiner for he is superior in every way.

tellah VS cid in a foulmouthed argument.

KoShiatar
08-17-2005, 08:59 PM
This is hard. Cid swears more, but Tellah has the unforgettable "You spoony bard!" on his side.

Let's make it a draw.

FF3 team VS. FF 1 team in a personality contest.

MAS82587
08-20-2005, 07:06 PM
ff1
vincent vs irvine in a sharp shooting contest.

NeoCracker
08-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Vincent, Irvine chokes to much.

Ruby Weapon Vs. Emerald Weapon

KoShiatar
08-21-2005, 08:44 PM
They'd team up together to kill Avalanche and go out for a drink afterwards instead.
Hojo vs. FF Iv's mad scientist (the one who kills Edge's parents)

TheSpoonyBard
08-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I'd have to say Hojo as I am unfamiliar with FFIV, and Hojo did experiment on himself which ultimately lead to his self-destruction.

A Hypello vs. Tobli vs. Zorn & Thorn vs. Bugenhagen vs. Maechen in a story narration competition.

Cloud2112
09-06-2005, 05:17 AM
story narration competition..... definetly Maechen. he could talk for days.

Maduilin vs. Bahamut (FFX) in a dance-off.

The legendary Shadow
09-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Bahamut would make a robot dance and kick Maduilin`s ass

Golbez vs. FuSoYa in a magic battle

Light Mage
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Rosa & Cecil vs. Aeris & Cloud

NeoCracker
09-09-2005, 11:48 PM
FuSoYa, since i like him and previous person didn't answer.

Cloud and Cecil will be the reel winners, because they will agree to trade women.

Garland Vs. Kefka in a battle of taunts

Primus Inter Pares
09-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Wait? Do I look like a waiter to you? > I GARLAND SHALL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN

Kefka wins :cool:

Kuja vs Garnet in a battle of sexyness.

The legendary Shadow
09-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Garnet wins,she`s cuter :love:

Umaro vs.Gau in an IQ-Test

KoShiatar
09-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh this is hard...they stare each other cluelessly saying "What is IQ?" until they both fall asleep.

Moogle (ff VI) Vs. Moogle (ff IX) in a smartness contest

TurkSlayer
09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
None of the moogles in VI besides Mog could speak english, kupo.

FFIX Moogles win.

Vincent vs. Shadow in a battle of... mysteriousness.

The legendary Shadow
09-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Shadow wins, he more mysterious than Mr. Mysterious himself if yoa know what I mean

Ramuh vs. Quezacotl in a thunder match

TurkSlayer
09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Quezacotl. It would be shameful for him to loss to a crusty old man.

Garnet vs. Yuna in a summoner battle.

The legendary Shadow
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Yuna summons Anima and Garnet will run away!

SHadow vs. Amarant in throwing battle!!!

TheSpoonyBard
09-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Amarant would win as he picked up Eiko and Vivi and probably threw them to the top of the Iifa Tree. I never saw Shadow pick anyone up. Also, Amarant has longer arms enabling him to project items further.

Eiko vs. Relm in an annoying pre-teen insult contest.

KoShiatar
09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Relm, not because she insults better, but because she is more annoying.

A sexy dance competition between Arylon (FF I) and the Baronian strip dancer (FF IV) !

MAS82587
09-17-2005, 06:36 AM
neither, tifa wins.
a pirate vs a ninja?

The legendary Shadow
09-17-2005, 11:57 AM
The Ninja slices the pirate without beeing seen.

Umaro vs. Khimari in a wrestling match

Skyblade
09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Khimari never struck me as a wrestling type... Umaro.

The Ultimate Showdown...
Tellah versus Kefka in a battle of the classic one liners.

"Spoony bard" versus "Son of a Submariner"...