PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Game Trouble... (does this belong here?)

Fate Fatale
01-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Ok, this is really odd... All of my playstation games have been messed up lately... They are bouncing up and down on the screen, never stopping... Other than being really distracting, nothing is wrong, but I'd like to get it taken care of. So, What should I do?

Mirage
01-12-2005, 12:36 AM
You should give us more information.
To me this sounds like a problem with your TV. Does it only happen to Playstation games? Only to playstation 2 games? Does it happen to other devices connected to the same connector as you use for your Playstation?

Baloki
01-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Possible causes:
* Bad/faulty connections
* not tuned in correctly
* faulty PLaystation

Mirage
01-12-2005, 02:24 AM
Yeah, but you listed just about every device that could possibly be faulty :p.
NewBlackMage needs to do some more research and tell us a bit more about it.

Fate Fatale
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
It is only on Playstation games. Nothing to do with my TV, PS2 game work fine and so does my GCN... Dunno whats wrong, but I think it was specific... "Playstation Games" not PS2 games...

Sr. Tobias
01-12-2005, 01:54 PM
did u install a modchip, cuz if u did, it might be that it was done wrong...

Fate Fatale
01-12-2005, 01:57 PM
nope, just got my new ps2 and they are bouncing around like crazy... NOTING HAS BEEN MODIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!

Sr. Tobias
01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
then it's a bad connection to the TV, I guess... or it's the ps2 itself that's messy. if it's brand new, it still has the warranty thing, so u can go to the store, find out what it is, and get it repaired for free... ;)

NM
01-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Is it with any ps1 game or just a certain game? Not all PS1 game's work properly on a PS2.

Dr.K
01-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd say dodgy connection - could be you need a new aerial/SCART connection, could be you need (hopefully not) some TV repairs. Probably the former.

Baloki
01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Ok as its a PS2 and PS2 games work fine we can rule out dodgy connections. Its a PS2 so its tuned in correctly. Have you got disk speeding up and texture mapping on on your PS2? This can cause those problems, else it is a PS2 problem and needs repairing, which a nice Sony man will come and fix if you ring him. If it is in fact a PS1 then it is probably not tuned in or the PS1 is up the creak and needs replacing/repairing, so if its in warrentee you need to get nice Mr. Sony man out again.

Oh and yes of course I listed all the possible problems with all the different equipments Mirage, because thats how you find out whats wrong, elemination and the kindness of strangers my dear ;)

Fate Fatale
01-23-2005, 08:46 PM
O_o Didn't understand most of that. my connection is fine. I havent turned any features on, I have not added anything at all. It happenes with all my "PS1" games. "PS2" games have no probablem. This happenes on multiple TVs and on my "PS1" also. Recently, I leant a game to a friend and brought my "PS2". Nothing bounced on my FF8. Then I got home and it bounced... on all of my TVs. I am so confused. My house is messed up...

Clouded Sky
01-23-2005, 10:28 PM
what kind of tvs are they? because there is a bug on older zenith tvs that'll do it. i was so annoyed with my ps2 because my tv upstairs wouldn't let me play my ps1 games without getting horribly sick. you can send your playstation to sony and they can fix it - or switch tvs.

but seeing as yours is happening on multiple tvs, i'm not really sure what's wrong

Fate Fatale
01-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Odd... Just went to meh other friends house and it works fine at meh home now...
GRR... Sorry for this wasted bandwidth...

o_O
01-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Well, I'll assume you're using the same A/V cable for your PS1 on the different T.Vs, and a different one for your PS2. In which case the most likely problem is a faulty video connection in your A/V cable, which are useless and always break.

Try using the one from your PS2, because they're the same one.

It can't be a problem with vertical hold or A/V ports on the T.V. because other devices are working propery. :/