PDA

View Full Version : Luck Spheres/Fortune Spheres

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
anybody know where to get luck spheres and fortune spheres i've got all the stats maxed out except for luck and hp for most characters and my luck is like really really reeeeaaaallyyyy low my highest is 26
what monster gives you fortunes

SeeDRankLou
01-12-2005, 05:25 PM
You get a handful of Luck and Fortune Spheres in normal gameplay. If you want more, you are going to have to beat Earth Eater (Fortune Spheres) and Greater Sphere (Luck Spheres) in the Monster Arena. There is no other way. One way around getting Fortune Spheres is to use one Fortune Sphere and six Attribute Spheres for everyone else. It gets VERY pricey as you will need 200,000 gil to bribe a Maelspike for one Attribute Sphere. You will need quite a few Fortune Spheres anyway, so the above tactic is not really that helpful.

rubah
01-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Best way to do it-- don't use any luck or fortune spheres while playing the game. Then, when you can capture monsters easily and smack greater sphere and earth eater in the monster arena, go and do that. It really really really really helps to have your other stats maxed out, and for earth eater, deathproof. I mean, it REALLY helps.

'Cause you call aeons on that, and it's miserable. You start keeping your fingers permanently crossed that cindy will use auto life and that mindy will be the one to kill the stupid thing, otherwise you don't get overkill(especially with earth eater-_-) and you have to fight twice as much.

So yeah, three-on-one where you can control the characters>three-on-one where you hope for the best>one-on-one where you get 10>hp within a couple of hits. or dead. whichever.

But once you can ward off flare/ultima (ultima does about 400-800 with 255 magdef and possibly shell (rikku's overdrive with two light curtains is amazing for this:D keep her on comrade or stoic and it'll shoot back up really quickly), and flare will do about 1200 with shell, and about 2000 without. Praying restores about 1000 hp, so it's easier than using up all your potions or delaying your turn using white magic (with the other two quick hitting, your mage will get delayed into next week and you'll get koed next flare, which is when the next quick hit is:P)

It's definitely not easy (especially at first) and it most certainly isn't fast, but it works. Do your other stats first then tackle luck. So much better than waiting on aeons. It seems that your stats are as thus though, so no trouble there.

Just remember: haste+shell (light curtains!!!1one)+quick hit+pray. and deathproof. if you didn't sell them, you should have a ton of deathproof armors for like everyone when you were maxing up your stats. If not, just go through and fight all the species/originals until you find one that drops them:)

may you become extra lucky with a minimum of difficulty. Get used to fighting earth eater. (255-26)*7/2 is a lot.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
01-13-2005, 02:00 PM
thanx although i didn't need all the tips about beating earth eater i've done that a few times he's quite easy but now i'm off gaining my luck :D thanx

rubah
01-14-2005, 12:04 AM
*shrugs*

I've spent too much time trying to find a way to pwnze earth eater, so I figured I'd go on about him^^ someone eles might find it useful anyways:)