PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Round 6!

wakka
01-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Final Fantasy Xi was voted off the last time with seven out of nighteen votes.
Round seven will be on the 15th.

Edit: I put the 15th but it went to the 13th.

ChaosCalibur
01-13-2005, 02:01 AM
I can't believe X is still standing, it must be gone!

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 02:02 AM
i don't really like FFT, i find the battle system too complicated. the sequel is much better.

Flamethrower
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Ten must go.

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
i can understand why many people don't like FFT (according to this poll), but why X?

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Oh come on people.. X was fun, you must admit. Tactics had a far better storyline than most ther games. Also the replay value of tactics is IMO the best of any FF game.

FF3 isn't even released for a console yet in america and you say its better than X and tactics? FF3 isn't great. I'll bet most of you haven't played it. For crying out loud theres characters called "onionkid" in it. ONION KID. Need i say more?

FF3 played out more like a bad Dragon Warrior than a FF game.

JseanjohnC
01-13-2005, 02:34 AM
umm TACTICS is leavin and ffx is the best game ever so its not leavin no way! im just a suggestion to the creator (Not 2 b mean i like these polls and i want them to do good) but if you want a lot of votes you made the poll toooo long now its way too short and ur not gonna get ne votes from them thay way! make it 7 or 8 days i think thats good

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 02:36 AM
Also please post the current ranks of the "removed" games.

VOTE 3 OFF!!! Three sucks! WAY more than Tactics or X ever.

Harvest Moon
01-13-2005, 03:20 AM
FF4, Cecil whines too damn much.

AoiSora
01-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Everyone's told me that Tactics really does have a decent storyline, but the battle system is so very different from any other game I've played. Seems like I had an easier time with that system in FFTA though. They must have worked out some kinks in it or something.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 04:15 AM
People say the system in Tactics is difficault because it takes actual work and some math skill. Its not sit there and hit X until your squad physically beats up enemies.

The system isn't difficult if you have minimal intelligence. If you have trouble theres an option on the main map called "Tutorial" but too many players nowadays don't bother with tutorials. They think if they can't sit down and master the system in 5 minutes, the game is beat and badmouth it.

Do you all remember when people who played RPGs were nerds? I do, and that is changing. If the text isn't highlighted in red or green people don't remember it then wonder why they can't figure out what to do next. It pisses me off when a friend invites me over because he's having difficulty in a FF game and I get them past the battle they are stuck on, then they proceed to skip storyline. Then they have the tenacity to ask what they do next. I reset their game and tell them they are a moron and leave (seriously, I've lost a friend that way). FFT isn't insanely difficult if you sit and read the storylines and learn the not difficult battle system.

AoiSora
01-13-2005, 04:26 AM
Everyone's told me that Tactics really does have a decent storyline, but the battle system is so very different from any other game I've played.

I said it was *different* not that it was difficult or that I couldn't handle it. It takes some getting used to, and I'll admit, I wasn't patient with it at the time, but I'm not knocking the game. Yeah, I voted for it to go, but that's only my opinion. I love all the FF games, and I fully intend on going back to Tactics. I play for storyline, and like I said, I've heard it had a decent storyline.

Martyr
01-13-2005, 05:26 AM
FF3?

Shouldn't that be saved for last? I mean, so we can postpone voting off our final 2 favorite games?

Vote X. Laugh maniacally as it dies and save FFT at the same time. Remember that whichever game has Cidolfas Orlandu should also have deus ex machina

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 05:37 AM
FF3?

Shouldn't that be saved for last? I mean, so we can postpone voting off our final 2 favorite games?

Huh?? I don't understand that...

feioncastor
01-13-2005, 06:57 AM
i can understand why many people don't like FFT (according to this poll), but why X?
But you do like FFT, right? I mean, it utterly destroys 10, barely beats 4, and barely loses to 6 and 7.

Down with 10!!!

EDIT- - I think I may have accidently voted for 9 instead of 10. When you tally up the votes, take one off of 9 and stick it on 10. My bad.

Feion

feioncastor
01-13-2005, 07:06 AM
People say the system in Tactics is difficault because it takes actual work and some math skill. Its not sit there and hit X until your squad physically beats up enemies.
Thank you for this! Finally, someone actually states something with which I genuinely agree!

The system isn't difficult if you have minimal intelligence. If you have trouble theres an option on the main map called "Tutorial" but too many players nowadays don't bother with tutorials. They think if they can't sit down and master the system in 5 minutes, the game is beat and badmouth it.
Again, agreed. Seriously, it really isn't that complicated. Figuring out FF1 is a bit more work than figuring out FFT. In FF1, they usually don't really tell you where to go. I mean, the re-releases they do, but in the original, well, you pretty much just have to know what to do. FFT isn't that complicated, and it is a hell of a lot of fun to develop your characters so specifically instead of having a path of development laid out for them that you have to follow.

Do you all remember when people who played RPGs were nerds? I do, and that is changing. If the text isn't highlighted in red or green people don't remember it then wonder why they can't figure out what to do next.

Are you referencing in FFX when you are instructed to go to Bevelle and that Cid can help you with his airship?

It pisses me off when a friend invites me over because he's having difficulty in a FF game and I get them past the battle they are stuck on, then they proceed to skip storyline. Then they have the tenacity to ask what they do next. I reset their game and tell them they are a moron and leave (seriously, I've lost a friend that way). FFT isn't insanely difficult if you sit and read the storylines and learn the not difficult battle system.
As stated earlier, the battle system isn't too difficult. If you want your guy to cast Fire 2, you just go to Black Magic, and select Fire 2. Not too tough, eh?

Have you ever had someone ask how to beat a boss? YOU FRIGGIN KILL HIM! I love that one.

I knew guy who was playing Secret of Mana and he continually got lost in the game because he never knew where to go because he just pressed A through all the talking. And for those of you who have played Secret of Mana, you know that there isn't many ways to get lost. You can pretty much only go one way, and that's the way you're supposed to go. Everywhere is a dead end, until you're supposed to go there.

Likewise with FFT. Some new red dots appear on the map, and you go to them and fight, interact, etc... You don't even need to follow FFTs story to beat the game, or to do very well at it. But if you play through FFT and skip the story, well, I can see how you may get bored of it. The story is the most wonderful storyline in any video game I've ever played, except Tetris. I love Tetris.

Feion

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 07:09 AM
The story is the most wonderful storyline in any video game I've ever played, except Tetris. I love Tetris.

Feion

Yeah, the tetris storyline is pretty hardcore.

Despotus
01-13-2005, 07:50 AM
But you do like FFT, right? I mean, it utterly destroys 10, barely beats 4, and barely loses to 6 and 7.

Down with 10!!!

EDIT- - I think I may have accidently voted for 9 instead of 10. When you tally up the votes, take one off of 9 and stick it on 10. My bad.

Feion

Oh Feion, :cry: you totally did! You voted for IX instead of X :( Now Tactics might loooooose! Noooooooooo! :crying:

*Votes for X* :joey: Blitzball was soooo lame!

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I'll say FFI because the storyline (or lack thereof) wasn't too horribly engrossing. Or present.

And as far as the Tactics argument is concerned, this is all you need to know to be able to beat the game that's different from other Final Fantasy games:

JP is used to buy skills.
Skills are used to beat down enemies.
Red dots are places where you will fight and progress the storyline.
Green dots allow you to level up more by fighting in random battles.
Blue dots often let you buy things.
Jobs have different abilities and can be customized to your liking.
Move around the battlefield in order to attack people.
Spell radius is outlined in green when you are about to cast it.
The chance to hit percentage and damage that you will deal is at the bottom of the screen before you execute an attack.
Press left over a spell you want to cast to access the order of turns and see when it will go off.

Really, even that may be more than you need to know that cannot be figured out by a mentally deficient monkey. Tactics is an awesome game, you people know not what you do.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
COMPARING 2 THREADS!!!

this one and the Best Story thread.

Rankings for Best Story

1. FFX
2. FF7
3. FFT and FF8

This Thread...

So.. FF8 is already removed. By the looks of things FFX or tactics is next to go. Whichever doesn't is gone next round. That leaves FF7 (2nd best story according to our EoFF poll) as the only leading storyline in the greatest games tourney. Sad thing is theres FFV and III that got 0 story votes and have a tremedous shot at going to next round.

I understand gameplay is involved when making this decision but storyline is the biggest issue IMO. But seeing as its only my opinion, I can't say you all are wrong, just hypocritical on this matter. Gameplay was poor in 8 and I see why that is no longer with us on this poll. FFX had great gameplay and story, how is that next to go? Sure FFT isn't the easiest FF game in terms of battle design and gameplay but its not as if its worse overall than 5 or 3.

Regardless how this entire thing ends I know and so do all other FFX and Tactics fans that they are better than 5 and 3 combined (no not 8 (5+3) get it? LOL)

Flashback007
01-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Once again vote for Tactics, just solly because it's the only game I didn't play. And the rest are all decent once.

mythus
01-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Notice how FF6 has not a single vote? Everyone here are indeed brilliant to realize it's greatness...

I agree that Tactics should stay. Come on, it's uniqueness, it's story... it was more involving than most of the FF's out there.

FF1 should be protected against all evil vote off's due to the fact it is the grandaddy of all FF's. Without it, the other final fantasies would not exist.

Come on, 4 was better than 5!

Sr. Tobias
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
that's y III should leave... it's non-uniqueness: it was too much like 1, without th excuse of being th 1st one ever made...