PDA

View Full Version : The Usergroups

Sepho
01-13-2005, 02:48 AM
I really, really, don't like making topics like this, because I'm sure that this has been explained 47 (times ten to the nineteenth power) times before, but I've just spent well over an hour using the board's search function in an attempt to find the information I'm searching for, and I've turned up next to nothing.

Question:
Is there any page or old thread that gives descriptions of all the usergroups for the Eyes on FF forums (ie. Site Staff, Senior Site Staff, Recognized Member etc.). I've managed to learn the function of the Cid's Knight usergroup (moderators) but as for everything else, notta. I'd very much appreciate it if someone can provide me with brief descriptions of all of the usergroups, or even better, provide me with a link to an old thread that has already explained this.

The Administrator usergroup is pretty self-explanatory. Additionally, what the Site Staff usergroup entails seems evident enough due to its name, although I still wonder what exactly it is that makes one site staff (and Senior Site Staff, for that matter). Finally, in regards to the Recognized Member usergroup, I can't even venture a guess.

I apologize for asking what is likely an ancient question, but I searched extensively prior to making this thread, and I'm just curious.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-13-2005, 02:51 AM
Site staff are those who work on the main site.
Recognized member are people who contributed to the site in some way, like doing award things or what have you.
And then there's the Rockstar usergroup, which I am the only member of. You have to be a rockstar fromt hat one.

TheAbominatrix
01-13-2005, 02:53 AM
I wanna be in the rockstar group! :skull2:

Baloki
01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Site staff are the ones who can eat the most Pizza ^.^

Leeza
01-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I didn't realize the the Help Forum has also turned into a Spam Forum.

crono_logical
01-13-2005, 03:39 PM
It's because I'm awol :monster:

Leeza
01-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks cl_out. That helped. I don't think that there's anyplace that actually explains any of these groups and I'm not about to search for threads so here is my take on them:

Site Staff: These are the people who do all of the work for the site and do the updates, etc.

Senior Site Staff: Do the same work as Site Staff, but more so because they tell the Site Staff what needs to be done. Senior Site Staff also have Mod status in the Site Staff Forums... or maybe all Site Staff have this privilege in the SS Forums...not too sure.

Recognized Members: Members who have done some constructive work for the site or have created contests, etc. Contrary to some beliefs, members are not RMed just because they are poplular.

Administrators: Basically do all of the technical work that goes into running the site, etc. and they are the ones that make the rules and police the board.

Cid's Knights: Same as the Administrators except for the technical work.

Eizon Overseers: I have no clue.

m4tt
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
As far as I can tell, Overseerers run their nations in the Eizon forums. I don't think they get any special privilages though.

Sepho
01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the information, everyone (Leeza ;)). My curiosity was driving me crazy.

As far as I can tell, Overseerers run their nations in the Eizon forums. I don't think they get any special privilages though.

Then what's the difference between an Eizon Overseer and an Eizon Nation Leader?

m4tt
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Ha! I guess that shows how little I pay attention to the Eizon forums. Shot in the dark: Overseer helps run the little game while Nation Leaders run their nations.

Baloki
01-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Site Staff: Update the front site, maintain it, code it, etc. Also mods of Site Staff and exDee (xD).

Senior Site Staff: Same as Site Staff but they get the last say and know more about the overall site then Site Staff.

Recognized Members: Members who have done some constructive work for the site or have created contests, etc. Contrary to some beliefs, members are not RMed just because they are poplular. (Quoted from Leeza)

Administrators: Basically do all of the technical work that goes into running the site, etc. and they are the ones that make the rules and police the board. (Quoted from Leeza)

Cid's Knights: Same as the Administrators except for the technical work. (Quoted from Leeza)

Eizon Overseers: Moderators of the Eizon Forums

Eizon Nation Leaders: Are allowed to make new threads in the Eizon forum and also own a nation in it, for details on joining and other such stuff relating to Eizon PM Proto, Loony BoB, Carnage or Trumpet Theif (Eizon Overseers) or just visit the forum and click rules :)

Sepho
01-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info.

Carnage
01-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Eizon overseers arent moderators. we have no powers. But we do get our own secret forum. And help run eizon with bob and proto. Eizon nation leader's are just able to make threads in the eizon forum for their nation.

Edit: can any of the admins see the "secret eizon forum"? (beisdes bob)

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Site Staff: Update the front site, maintain it, code it, etc. Also mods of Site Staff and exDee (xD).
I don't have superpowers there. I think it's because I've yet to show my ability to eat a lot of pizza. Little do they know that I'm a champ at it.

Endless
01-14-2005, 11:50 AM
You all forgot a group >:O

Loony BoB
01-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Hahahaha.

I'm not telling anyone what Former Staff are!

crono_logical
01-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Edit: can any of the admins see the "secret eizon forum"? (beisdes bob)Admins and Eizon Overseers can see and use it :p

MecaKane
01-15-2005, 03:05 AM
How come Eizon Overseers are on the forum leaders page, but recognised members and former staff are't? :o

Loony BoB
01-15-2005, 09:12 AM
How come Eizon Overseers are on the forum leaders page, but recognised members and former staff are't? :o
RM's and FS have no roles to perform in EoFF... in other words, the positions aren't "jobs" - Overseer is a "job" in that the people are responsible for running Eizon. RM's and FS can do crap all for months on end, maybe even years, and they won't get removed due to not doing their job well or anything.

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2005, 09:57 AM
I would like to say that you can lose a recongnized member status. Recognized members to me are not those that do anything special for the site so much that they should be an example of forum conduct(which I never was and yet still had the status for quite sometime).

Just as easy as it is to get that it can be taken away just as easily. I know that I am not the only person to lose recognized member status. I need my own status. Asshole status XD

Doomgaze
01-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Living Legend or some such, yes.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, Mik lost his for saying "dick"