PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tournament of Champions

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 05:33 AM
I have chosen 32 playable characters from FF1-X-2 and Tactics to fight head to head in battles. I didn't pick overpowering people whos destiny is always the finals (Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth, Kain etc...) In fact no main heroes are in it at all, only side characters (Debatable who the main character of FF6 truly is, I picked several from it anyhow). Also I chose characters who weren't predominantly White mages or Black Mages (Rosa, Aeris, Vivi, Lulu) becuase pitted against anyone physical they stand little chance in most opinions. Especially white mages. I also did not pick anyone from FF3 seeing as most people aren't familiar with that game whatsoever. FF1 has 2 entrants but I gave them no names. Please do not post anything along the lines of "Why didn't you enter *name*" because the answer is because I chose not to. I places all entrants into a hat (names on equal slips of paper) and drew at random.

Please post answers like:
1. name of winner in fight 1
2. name of winner in fight 2
3. name of etc...

These will be posted for 48 hours to allow more votes.

Here we go:
1. Wakka vs. Zell
2. Yang vs. Paine
3. Malak vs. Galuf
4. FF1 Master vs. Cait Sith
5. Amarant vs. Steiner
6. Sabin vs. Freya
7. Quistis vs. Mog
8. Maria (FF2) vs. Kimahri
9. FF1 Knight vs. Guy (FF2)
10. Celes vs. Barret
11. Selphie vs. Relm
12. Eiko vs. Red XIII
13. Cid (FF4) vs. Meliadoul
14. Rikku (FFX-2 only) vs. Faris
15. Irvine vs Mustadio (Coincidentally both gunners!!!)
16. Yuffie vs. Beowulf

Let the games begin!!!

BudSoda02
01-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Wakka vs. Zell... Zell, because his limit breaks are much more powerful than Wakka's.
Yang vs. Paine... Paine, because her Warrior abilities are just unmatched in Strength & Defense.
Malak vs. Galuf... Galuf, because Malak's attacks are too random. They take too long to charge. Finally Malak's attacks are just way too weak when they do hit...
FF1 Master vs. Cait Sith... Cait Sith, he actually has Limit Break techniques, like the slots where (although rare) you can get an instant victory. FF 1 master has just a few (make that very few) magic spells & a limited array of weapons, this makes Cait Sith the ultimate winner.
Armarant vs. Steiner... I'd have to say draw. They're just too equal. Armarant has Chakra to keep him up from one of Steiners huge attacks & Steiner has a very high attack & defense rates.
Sabin vs. Freya... Sabin, he's got much more special attacks than Freya. Freya's trance only has like, Some weak spears coming down on the enemy. (Her first spear, useful in the beginning. but becomes useless later on, as the jump attack with the more powerful weapon does more damage than the trance attack, even the regular attacks do more damage than the trance later on.
Quistis vs. Mog... Probably Mog as he can do the repeatedly powerful dances/ songs in a timely manner. Quistis doesn't really get to use the blue magic attacks unless her HP is low, then they don't usually do more damage than her normal attacks.
Maria vs. Kimahri... Kimahri wins with just normal attacks, as Maria doesn't have enough magic or weapons to even have a hope of defeating him.
FF1 Knight vs. Guy... tie, both are relatively weak, have little magic/special abilities & also have little weapons.
Celes vs. Barret... Celes, her best weapons & special attack are just very slightly more powerful than any of Barret's weapons or attacks, even his limit breaks. Let me tell you, she'd be VERY tired after the battle.
Selphie vs. Relm... Relm, all she has to do is draw Selphie (a simple looking character) & it'll be a very easy battle. Although I really like Selphie in FFVIII.
Eiko vs. Red XIII... I say Nanaki, although if you get into a trance with Eiko, get into a Trance state & have Boost equipped, you'll summon the actual beast & then it's weapon does the work. The weapon in the Trance does as much damage as a normal Summon as just regular Eiko... It's just Nanaki has those awesome limit breaks taht do impressive damage & that super-powerful weapon he gets toward the end of the game. Actually his level 3 ver. 2 limit break is more powerful than his level 4 limit break.
Cid vs. Meliadoul... Meliadoul, Cid's just too weak all around to hold up in a battle. Although he's a very good organizer.
Rikku vs. Faris... Rikku by a long shot, she's much more powerful than Faris in Strength, Speed & Evasion, thus guarenteing her success.
Irvine vs. Mustadio... Mustadio, because with his abilities like break leg, he can virtually paralyze any enemy from attacking or being able to move far. Irvine has no over the top ablities for his gun.
Yuffie vs. Beowolf... Beowolf, as he can just lower Yuffie's brave a LOT & turn her into a chicken.
Well that's all I have for now, it took me over an hour to do this. What an exauhsting :( write up. Maybe I'll do a round 2. (Actually I should leave that to you RedCydranth. :)
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Maybe thats why its not getting replies. You didn't have to explain yourself on each one. Just saying the victor is enough. But thanks for the in depth looks at the fight.

Flamethrower
01-13-2005, 09:51 PM
My votes in Bold:

1. Wakka vs. Zell
2. Yang vs. Paine
3. Malak vs. Galuf
5. Amarant vs. Steiner
6. Sabin vs. Freya (tough one)
7. Quistis vs. Mog
10. Celes vs. Barret
11. Selphie vs. Relm
12. Eiko vs. Red XIII
15. Irvine vs Mustadio
16. Yuffie vs. Beowulf

rubah
01-14-2005, 12:26 AM
1. Zell
2. Paine
3. Galuf
4. Cait Sith
5. Amarant
6. Freya
7. Quistis
8. Maria (FF2)
9. Guy (FF2)
10. Barret
11. Selphie
12. Red XIII
13. Cid (FF4)
14. Faris
15. Irvine
16. Yuffie

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 12:47 AM
16. Yuffie vs. Beowulf

my thoughts exactly...go Yuffie!

Macp
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
1-Zell
2-Pain
3-Galuf
4-Cait Sith
5-Steiner
6-Sabin
7-Quistis
8-Kimahri
9-Guy
10-Barret
11-Selphie
12-Red XIII
13-Cid
14-Rikku
15-Irvine
16-Yuffie

Flamethrower
01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
This thread deserves a bump. Come on guys! These tournament things are fun.

RedCydranth
01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks Flamethrower!

I'm extending the second round until I get a few more votes. Also, to be objective i am not voting (unless you all want me to)

Yuffie, Your vote won't count until you vote the other 15 battles.

Flamethrower
01-16-2005, 03:05 AM
I see nothing wrong with you voting.

Alexander
01-16-2005, 03:22 AM
Hey, vote o.o There's nothing wrong with it at all

Well, my votes:

1. Wakka vs. Zell
Zell, because Armageddon Fist would simply destroy Wakka. o.o

2. Yang vs. Paine
Yang. I've never played X-2 to vote on Paine.

3. Malak vs. Galuf
Galuf. MALAK SUCKS @___@

Cait Sith. Slots, Megaphone, materia... and Master = Black Belt. o.o

5. Amarant vs. Steiner
Steiner. Climhazzard @___@

6. Sabin vs. Freya
Freya, because I love Dragon skills XD

7. Quistis vs. Mog
Quists, because I really really like Blue Magic. But, hey, the FFIX Mog is an Eidolon XD
(I know that this Mog is the FFVI one)

Maria's stats are pitiful. And Kimahri is a Blue Mage ^^v KIMAHRI \o\

FF1 Knight. Specially if he has the Masamune.

10. Celes vs. Barret
Celes, because... I dunno. XD

11. Selphie vs. Relm
Selphie. THE END. o.o

12. Eiko vs. Red XIII
Eiko, because she simply rocks. Holy *_____*

Well, a tough one. I vote Meliadoul because she's a good Black mage (at least to me).

Again... never played X-2, so I vote Faris

15. Irvine vs Mustadio (Coincidentally both gunners!!!)
Mustadio. Because he can be a Bard, a Ninja, a Thief, a Lancer... etc o.o

16. Yuffie vs. Beowulf
Doom of the Living or Shock!? Doom of the Living XD

PearlRose
01-16-2005, 04:08 AM
1. Wakka vs. Zell
Zell.

2. Yang vs. Paine
Paine.

3. Malak vs. Galuf
Galuf.

Cait Sith.

5. Amarant vs. Steiner
Steiner.

6. Sabin vs. Freya
Freya.

7. Quistis vs. Mog
Quistis.

Kimahiri.

Guy.

10. Celes vs. Barret
Celes.

11. Selphie vs. Relm
Relm.

12. Eiko vs. Red XIII
Red XIII.

Meliadoul.

Faris.

15. Irvine vs Mustadio
Irvine.

16. Yuffie vs. Beowulf
Yuffie.

RedCydranth
01-16-2005, 05:28 AM
Okay, Voting over!! I will only vote for those that are tied.

The ONLY tie at this point is Irvine vs. Mustadio. Coincidentally the matchup, when I drew the names, was the hardest in my head for me to decide who's win.

I give the edge to Mustadio. The ability to have a second class besides gunner makes the advantage. My Mustadio is Engineer/Summoner, so he summons Zodiac on Irvine to kill him. Sorry Irvine, my friend, you lose in the closest battle of the tournament.

Losers - Wakka (0), Malak (0), FF1 Master (0), Maria (1), Beowulf (1).

I'm surprised at the love not shown for the hard hitting Wakka. Malak deserves negative votes for being so terrible. FF1 Master (the upgraded Blackbelt) was great, but against Cait Sith he stood no chance.. Maria surprisingly would beat Kimahri IMO, but you voted the Ronso in. Also I believe Beowulf would Break Yuffie to stone. But I give credit where it's due, Yuffie won. I'm doing it tournament style so winner or battles 1 and 2 will face off, 3 and 4 will fight etc.

I'm going out soon, but when I return... ROUND 2!!!!!

RedCydranth
01-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Here we go. Round 2 of the Final Fantasy Tournament of Champions.

Zell vs. Paine
Galuf vs. Cait Sith (Both of these guys recieved all votes in their 1st round battle)
Steiner vs. Freya
Quistis vs. Kimahri (Blue mage battle!)
Guy vs. Celes
Selphie vs. Red XIII
Meliadoul vs. Faris
Mustadio vs. Yuffie

If you don't know how to do it, then I'll explain. Place the winner of who you think would win each battle in vertical order:

Winner 1
Winner 2
Winner 3 etc.

There is no obligation to explain yourself, but it does add an extra element of fun.

Again I will let this go for 2-3 days. Winners move on to the SEMI-FINALS!!!!!

Edit: I really Typoed the title.... It is supposed to be FFToC. Not SS. Boy am I dumb.

Flamethrower
01-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Zell
Galuf
Freya
Quistis
Celes
Red XIII
Faris
Yuffie

Alexander
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Zell vs. Paine
Again, I've never played FFX-2, so Paine is voted off.

Galuf vs. Cait Sith (Both of these guys recieved all votes in their 1st round battle)
Galuf has amnesia! *shot* XD
Well, I like Cait Sith =P

Steiner vs. Freya
Well, a single White Draw would let Steiner lying on the ground with 0 MP.

Because Nova is cooler than Shokwave Pulsar. XDDDD

Guy vs. Celes
Celes, because Guy and his axe sucks. x.o Even though you can change it XDDD

Selphie vs. Red XIII
THE EEEEEEND. o.o

Meliadoul vs. Faris
Cross-dressing is bad, VERY bad. o.o

Mustadio vs. Yuffie
Hey, he can Arm Aim on Yuffie and no Doom of the Living and such to her XD

rubah
01-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Paine-- she wears barbed wire. I mean, TOUGH
Galuf-- phew, tough. But his laugh warms my heart. I loved playing with cait sith, but I like galuf more.
Freya-- Steiner's a git. Freya is cool. I mean, heck.
Quistis-- Quistis.
Guy-- hatehatehate celes. guy has ultima. I mean, c'mon:D
Red XIII-- he's fun:D
Faris-- pirate pirate pirate
Yuffie-- thief power:D

PearlRose
01-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Zell vs. Paine
Zell

Galuf vs. Cait Sith
Galuf

Steiner vs. Freya
Freya

Quistis vs. Kimahri
Quistis

Guy vs. Celes
Celes

Selphie vs. Red XIII
Red XIII

Meliadoul vs. Faris
Faris

Mustadio vs. Yuffie
Yuffie

Mittopotahis
01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Zell
Cait Sith
Steiner
Quistis
Celes
Selphie Selphie Selphie Selphie!
Faris
Yuffie

RedCydranth
01-22-2005, 01:37 AM
I'm bumping this because I need at least one more person to vote on these.

magus19
01-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Paine
Cait Sith
Steiner
Kimahri (Blue mage battle!)
Celes
Red XIII
Faris
Yuffie

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 11:30 PM
I merged the threads. Just keep it all in the same one. This is kind of like the character showdown myself and eest run. What have we started...;) Anyway, once football season is over I plan on starting a new one of those.

ShunNakamura
01-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Zell vs. Paine
Zell gets my vote

Galuf He can be just about anyclass and thus outclasses Cait Sith

Steiner vs. Freya
Freya

Quistis

Guy vs. Celes
Celes, celes is a powerful warrrior mage... attack with magic afar and slash up close.

Selphie vs. Red XIII
AHHH!! toughy... I'll go with red... his limit is more reliable and his stats are all around good.

Meliadoul vs. Faris
Meliadoul... breaking weapon armor and etc... would prolly go in Meliadoul's favor... although I think it would be close. Faris is fast.

Mustadio vs. Yuffie
Yuffie... Arm shot and all are good... but Yuffie would get to attack first.. and that in itself is a bonus. Plus I have never had arm aim hit so......

BudSoda02
02-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Zell vs. Paine... Paine would totally kick Zells whiny lil' butt!
Galuf vs. Cait Sith... Obviously Cait Sith, Galuf's a little too old to deal with him.
Steiner vs. Freya... Steiner, his attacks & abilities are way stronger than Freya's.
Quistis vs. Kimahri... Kimarhi, he could just get Quistis' whip with his spear & it'd be quickly over.
Guy vs. Celes... Celes'd kick his butt to Pluto & back with her sword & magic.
Selphie vs. Red XIII... Tie, I just couldn't decide between these two.
Meliadoul vs. Faris... Meliadoul obviously! She'd just break all his armor and he'd be down in no time!
Mustadio vs. Yuffie... Mustadio, he can just use his break arm & break leg techniques... Then pow he could just shoot from long distances & never have to worry about Yuffie getting even close enough to cast magic or throw anything.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Siegurd
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Zell
Galuf (he can just be too many classes!)
Freya (Steiner isn't much without Vivi)
Quistis
Celes (she just owns)
Selphie
Faris (same as Galuf!)
Mustadio

Rase
02-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Zell
Galuf
Freya
Kimahri