PDA

View Full Version : Help With Optional Characters (SO3:TTEOT)

Raven5540
01-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone!

Anyway, I need a little help. In Star Ocean3: Till The End Of Time, I triggered the "Roger Event" in which I get the ancient books and Roger joins my paty. Only there is one problem, I don't want him in my party! So is there any way I can ditch him?

Thanks!

NM
01-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Just keep going through the game. You'll eventually get to a point were you can choose which characters are in your party.

Lord Chainsaw
01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
It's good that you did that, because Roger is valuable to have on your party at that point in the game if only for his engineering skills.

Without Roger, it would be extremely difficult to engineer MP reducing bombs early in the game, and they are going to be necessities if you want to get the "win with items only" trophy from the final boss of the copper ore section.

You'll also be able to create tricky duck bombs using Roger Fayt and Cliff, which deal 600 MP damage to an enemy. Again, if battle trophies are your thing, then this will be necessary once you reach a boss you need to beat under a minute with 30,000 HP and not much MP in Kaddan.

You can get rid of Roger though, which would be what I'd personally do, since I'd much rather have Nel. Just keep going. I believe you need to do something extra if you want Roger as a permanent member of your party, so as long as you don't do anything extra with him, you'll lose him later on.

And even if you mess something up down the line, it shouldn't be a problem unless you plan on making your perma party consist of both extra characters.

Raven5540
01-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Thats good then :D So is it safe to trigger the event to get Albel? Because I really want Nel in my party, but my second optional character I would like to have as Albel...

Lord Chainsaw
01-16-2005, 01:52 AM
I triggered the event with Albel my first time through, and I regret it. If you don't trigger Albel's event, you can still get him and Nel later, PLUS a chance at two more battle trophies.

If you don't do anything further with Roger on the scavenger hunt and just go through the game as normal, then you'll end up with Nel as your first extra character and you will have a chance to pick up Albel later plus 2 more battle trophies.

If you do the scene with Albel at the Peterny inn, Albel will be your first extra, and you will have a chance to pick up Nel later.

If you don't do anything, then Nel will be your first character. Near the end of the game when you return to Elicoor II you'll have a chance to fight Albel again to recruit him as your final party member. This is where you can get a battle trophy for defeating him with items only (pretty easy with 4 shots from ES Hybrid Explosives, 2500 MP damage at base price of 547 fol). After you defeat him you will be given the option of recruiting him. If you want the last Albel battle trophy than say "No" and wait until you return to Elicoor II again at the end of the game to fight him a third time. Beat him with items again and you will have the final Albel trophy, and Albel will force his way into your party as the last member. But remember, if you do the scene at the inn with Albel, you will never have the chance to fight him when you return to Elicoor and get these trophies.

Either way, you can still get Albel and Nel. If you're going for trophies, then I don't recommend you do the scene with Albel.

Another thing to remember is: If you do do the inn scene and get Albel first, then you have to answer Nel's question correctly at the end of the game to get her in your party. If you choose the wrong answer choice, you'll lose your chance to get her.

If you're going for Nel as your final party member, upon your return to Elicoor and Aquaria at the end make sure you select:

"There's no time for that right now" or something along the lines of that sentence.

Raven5540
01-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Thanks that helps heaps! :D

I think I won't trigger the Albel event now.

I havn't been getting battle trophies so far. They seem HARD. Anyway is all you have to do to get them is fuffil the requirements? Like nothing else you have to do?

BTW I just wanted to add I really suck at making items! When you recruit an inventor and you set them to original invertion you don;t even get the items tehy make do you?

WEll thanks again now I can play the game without having to worry about what characters I will eventually end up with :D

Lord Chainsaw
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
You might not be getting battle trophies because you didn't set up a designated spot to save them to at the beginning of the game.

When you're still on Hyda in the battle simulator, you will be given a chance to prepare a place to save battle trophies on your memory card. If you don't do this then you can't get any battle trophies.

Of course, this doesn't mean you have to start over. Just start a new game and get to the battle simulator part, designate a memory card to save the trophies on, and continue the game from where you left off.

Some trophies are easy to get, some are hard. All you need to do is meet the requirements and finish the battle.

As far as inventing goes, yes it sucks. The only way you can get items through IC is by either specify plan or original invention. The items that an npc inventor makes don't come with them. You can use the NPCs in your invention lines, and you'll get whatever you make using those characters, but they don't come with any items.