PDA

View Full Version : PSP?

Heartless
01-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but anyway..

I was looking the news the other day and i saw that Sony is going to release soon a new console called PSP..Does someone know more about it?I mean how is it going to be,what kind of games will play,etc?

And when is it going to be available at Europe?

Lionx
01-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I actually not really looked a PSP myself...but i am sure iits not a console..>_>

Cless
01-13-2005, 12:51 PM
It's a portable game console like the gameboy, only much more powerful. I think the games are on mini discs (like the gamecubes). Apparantly a new Metal Gear and GTA is coming out for it. I think it is slightly less powerful than a Ps2 (though I could be wrong).It's already out in Japan.

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
PSP = PlayStation Portable

Cless
01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Here are the nine launch games for the release in europe:

Ridge Racer
Wipeout Pure
Football
Ape Academy
WRC
Everybodys Golf
Fired Up
Medievil
Formula One

Release date for Europe is to be confirmed but is widely tipped to be 25th March 2005.

Aern't I great! ;)

Armisael
01-13-2005, 02:47 PM
i think here's some info Michael: http://psp.ign.com/articles/513/513175p1.html

The Shoeless Hobo
01-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Here are some random post about the PSP on another forum all put together: :p

Post 1:
If you're not sure about getting a PSP or just want more information on it, then look no further than here (http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=26150&page=1&pp=50).

This place will show you exactly how great the PSP is. And it'll definetly make some PSP buyers out of DS Fandoys.

Note: The list of launch titles are inacucrate, as that is the launch titles of Japan. When it hits America and Europe (Europe, also meaning Australia and New Zealand) there will be much more launch titles. For instance, Wip3out will be released on launch date over here since it is developed in London studios and is not japanese made.

Post 2:

Here in Australia the DS is $199 (Confirmed). The PSP alone will be $250 and $300 for a value pack containg a Soft Case & Hand Strap, Headphones With Remote Control, Battery Pack, AC Adapter, 32MB Memory Stick Duo and a Sony PlayStation Portable. (No confirmed, but expected price). Oh, they're now makin g 1 GB memory sticks for the PSP. And as the PSP can play MPEG4 movies, you could download a couple Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy/Lost episodes on your PSP. Awesome

Aswell as that from my other post, you can download music, maps and stuff like that for games as add-ons (Just like what you can do with X-box Live):

Q: Are you going to include any downloadables that can be used to enhance the title at a later date?

Berry: Absolutely, this is a big part of what we have planned for the game, and is one reason why the team has grown to a large size. Players are going to be able to download new tracks to race, new ships, new skins for the front end and new music tracks as well. This is a feature that is unique in the PSP and allows for a new delivery method for content, adding extra value after launch for its titles.

Also, you can play two player wireless on two different PSP's with only one user needing the game. Liek for instance, with pokemon on GB, you both need a copy of the game, but on PSP, only one user needs a copy and you can both play two player. Recent games that allow this are Ridge Racer (PSP).

EDIT: You can also hook up you're PSP to a tv using some form of Video Outs (Probably not Yellow, White, Red Av outs). Sony are already planning to make smaller PSP's just like the PS2's slimline and the PSone. Whith this, they might even improve a few things for the smaller PSP, like longer battery life.

Post 3:
I saw the DS the other day and it looked awful. It looks like it's made out of cheap plastic material. I was thinking about getting a GC, but seeing that DS the other day just showed me how Nintendo are going downhill. And no, I will not be getting a Nintendo 5 anymore, I shall be getting an PS3 or Xbox2 depending on which one is cheaper at launch.

I've started saving up for my PSP awell as selling one of my PS2's. I shall pre-order it once I have $300. And by the time of release (march) I shall have $500 on pre-order. So I can buy a few games, too. :P (PSP games are expected to sell for $50-$70 AUD).

http://sungame.mods.jp/news/newspic/PSP_net_02.jpg

Baloki
01-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Most UK retailers have confirmed a starting price of approx. £170 for the PSP but this is likely to change, hopefully for the lower :p

Rostum
01-16-2005, 03:11 AM
The PSP looks good, and to an extent so does the DS. I'd rather wait til the price is a bit lower or it comes in a bundle back with better games. I just don't really have an interest for the launch titles.

Lionx
01-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Yea i agree too, any handheld device will drop like mad later on during its shelf life, i rather save my money til then. I still aint that interested in the PSP actually, however i aint too interested in the DS currently as well, hand helds dont get that much credit to me. However Nintendo will always be number 1 in the systems they make with the least number of malfunctions.

The Shoeless Hobo
01-18-2005, 06:27 AM
I heard that some of the inside parts of the Nintendo's DS are held together with tape. xP

Lindy
01-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I heard that some of the inside parts of the Nintendo's DS are held together with tape. xP
Really? I heard that the PSP kills small homeless orphans in order to procure parts and fluids to keep itself going.

Though looking at the titles for both the PSP and DS, I'm very turned off since they all seem unoriginal (nintendos replays of Mario 64 and so on), crappy (the sports titles), or just plain stupid (Metal Gear Acid).

Armisael
01-18-2005, 06:57 PM
PSP seems pretty interesting but the titles that are going to be released for it are a little dissapointing..

Heartless
01-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the info guys..I think i'm gonna buy it when it will be available..

The Shoeless Hobo
01-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Really? I heard that the PSP kills small homeless orphans in order to procure parts and fluids to keep itself going.

No, really. There was a picture of the NDS open up showing some parts stuck together with tape. But now the picture's down. But I'm sure if you do a search on Google you'll find it. ;)

Tidus Andronicus
01-22-2005, 09:51 AM
>_> there is NO tape in the DS... go here (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3530) and scroll down to the pictures of the DS's interior... do you see tape in there? Only thing remotely like tape is the ribbon cable that probably goes to the screens... >_>

BTW, I'm really bugged by the way the PSP's analog stick feels... it gives my thumb a cramp... XD I can't beleive that some people are saying the PSP has better game play cause of this oddly placed analog stick...LOL You have to tilt your hand in order to use it... and then if you apply too much force to the system, the disk shoots out accross the room.