PDA

View Full Version : modifying the ps2 setting.. ::Help!!::

silent_ultima
01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
guys i just wanna ask for the diff if you chage the mapping setting in the PS2 driver setting, default was at <b>Standard</b> but if i change it to <b>Smooth</b>, would it be effecting the grafic produced? And if i change the disc speed from <b>Standard</b> to <b>Fast</b> would it effect my overall performance? I would like to know, as i do not want to screw up my machine.. thanx guys!

Mirage
01-13-2005, 12:22 PM
You can't screw up anything permanently with these settings.
Smooth texture filtering means all textures you see on 3D object will be smoothened instead of getting big squares when you get close to them. I always turn this on.
Fast disc speed might improve loading times a bit, but not all games will start with this setting turned on. It can also affect streaming video/audio, meaning the audio or video is played back too fast. FF7 doesn't work like it should with this on. FF9 won't even start.

Cless
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Be aware that this only works on ps1 games inserted in a ps2. It has no affect on ps2 games whatsoever.

silent_ultima
01-15-2005, 12:40 AM
oh..
so this setting doesn't effect PS2 games? Damn i thought this setting tweaks the PS2 games whatsoever.... :tongue:

Mirage
01-15-2005, 02:50 AM
All PS2 games have got native texture smoothing, and the disk speed is already as fast as possible.

silent_ultima
01-15-2005, 04:52 PM
uhhhhh.... i didn't know that.. hehehhehe how silly of me.. thanx dude!