PDA

View Full Version : prism equipment

Maya
01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
In many tips says that itīs difficult to get shiny materials for prism equipment. Using summons is quite tricky specially if you try to get those material what you get from using black or white summons. Personally I donīt like using red/blue/yellow/green field magic so I used this way instead:
I chose those charachters which had innate color which gives the materials I wanted and then I went to places where are monsters with the same innate color. So monsters gave me easily that same field color by using their techs and magic and I just hit them, but not killed them, and I used that summon when it was possible. I didnīt have to use field magic but still I got shiny materials and summons.
Note that you have to make monsters almost dead so that summons really kill them. If they survive your summon attack use refresh to your elements or try again.
Also if there is other monsters innating other colors that you want with that "real" monster, kill them first. Itīs the best way to get summon available without killing those precious monsters which give you shiny materials. Those other monsters realy mix your field colors.

soulICE
01-13-2005, 08:47 PM
good idea, ill have to try that. though in a new game+, the color field element does come in handy for some monsters

my really lazy way to get some of the materials was to steal different charms from monsters (the ones that prevent anti-(color), not the brooches) and disassemble those. that probably just worked for me because i didnt need a ton of rainbow items, just three sets of prism mail and one weapon since i had the mastermune and einlanzer items. though i forgot to forge a spectral swallow before i finished the game :mad:

is there a white field and black field element? if so, i must have missed them when i was in terra tower during my first run through. im in a new game+, which makes things a bit easier when it comes to getting the shiny materials that i need.

Maya
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I used my way during my first game. I tried stealing, but it never worked so well. I noticed that kid was better stealer than fargo(?).
I like prism weapons so I want to make all of them during my new game+
I had in the first game 3 different prism weapons, for Serge, Kid and Karsh.
I believe there is no black and white fields. I red it somewhere. Those white and black monsters should have given them if there would have been them. Maybe the game would be too easy with them.
New game+ is funny and yes easier. I like it. :D
But Iīm wondering about the "real" ending. There you should use elements in right order, but should elements you use be 7 or 8 level elements or can you use any element you can (in right color and order)?

soulICE
01-16-2005, 04:14 AM
doesnt matter what level elements you use, as long as you cast them in the right sequence for the "good" ending. itd be alot easier to power yourself up to 8, then cast low level elements in order.