PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Music

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Unlike our previous FF games, our classic Chocobo theme, as well as the Victory fanfare u hear at the end of a battle, is gone. This new chocobo music is not bad but different. I just kinda wondered what they said at the end of the theme. It sounds cool.

Cless
01-13-2005, 03:43 PM
This is my opinion of the FFX-2 Chocobo music...*runs into bathroom* :barf:

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
This is my opinion of the FFX-2 Chocobo music...*runs into bathroom* :barf:
So I take it you like the classic music. Well I know what you mean after coming this far in the long-lasting epic, why the sudden change of themes especially the victory fanfare. I mean come on.

Cless
01-13-2005, 04:16 PM
In particular, I thought that what they done to the Chocobo theme was an absalute travesty! I think they changed the victory fanfare to avoid it becoming a bit stale, if you know what I mean. But, the new fanfare is very bland.

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 04:20 PM
In particular, I thought that what they done to the Chocobo theme was an absalute travesty! I think they changed the victory fanfare to avoid it becoming a bit stale, if you know what I mean. But, the new fanfare is very bland.
True. So is their ANY type of theme(s) that you like in X-2?

rcabronx
01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I personally thought the Chocobo music was kinda irritating... but i really dug the Zanarkand music....

Cless
01-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Yes, I like 5 of them.

Real Emotion: Ok, it's a bit cheesy but as far as J-pop goes, it's pretty catchy!
1000 words: This helped convey the love that Lenne and Shuyin shared. Nice emotional ballad!
Yuna's Ballad: Nice, subtle piece that effortlessly makes me feel Yuna's hurt and how much she misses Tidus
Opening credits. You know the tune that plays when you don't press a button after switching the game on? I like it as it is quite an intriguing romatic piece
Final Boss Battle music: Brilliant! Helps give you the impression of epicness and pumps you up to defeat the final boss!

So there you have it! I actually did like some of FFX-2's music. What about you?

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM
I personally thought the Chocobo music was kinda irritating... but i really dug the Zanarkand music....
Hate to disagree with ya but the Zanarkand music from X was by far one of the most memorable themes I'll never forget

Cless
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah Bahamut24, X's Zanarkand was ambiance incarnate! However, X-2's Zanarkand, come to think of it, was one of the "better" tunes in the game. It was actually pretty catchy.

m4tt
01-13-2005, 04:56 PM
The chocobo music and victory fanfare always have something different about it in every game. Personally, I like most of the music in this game. It's more upbeat. Of course I like the music in most of the FF games, this one is just different.

Sefie1999AD
01-13-2005, 05:19 PM
The Chocobo theme isn't as bad as everyone says, but it's quite bland and not a very enjoyable song, IMHO. Many people really dislike this soundtrack. However, I thought it had a lot of nice themes, and the music was more laid-back and relaxing, which is the total opposite of FFX's huge bombastic battle themes. I like it. The songs I found good are:

Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves (it's just as good as FFX's Zanarkand), Mt. Gagazet (great ambience), Shuyin's Theme (sinister but still somehow tragic), Besaid Theme (IMHO, better than the one in FFX), Kilika (nice and relaxing), Youth League Theme (militaristic), New Yevon Party (great theme, nice choir), Zanarkand Ruins (not as good as FFX's Zanarkand, but still somber and nice), Sphere Hunter (nice action theme), Under Bevelle (another good action theme), Yuna's Ballad (a really beautiful theme :love: ), Confusion (nice danger theme, reminds me of Crisis in FFX), Aeon (a powerful battle theme), Eternity Band Version (the Eternity theme is sweet), 1000 Words (great scene in the game), Nightmare of a Cave (a spooky piano/orchestra theme), Crimson Squad (quite a sad theme), Vegnagun Starting (the spooky theme is back), Clash (nice battle theme), Destruction (an epic battle theme), Demise (good and emotional battle theme for the final battle), 1000 Words Piano Version (beautiful theme), Ending - Until the Day We Meet Again (sweet, reminds me of Disney music), 1000 Words Orchestra Version (great song, nice with orchestra), Epilogue - Reunion (a beautiful orchestral arrangement of the Besaid theme).

So now that I think about it, there's quite many good themes in FFX-2, though not as much as in FFs like IV-IX.

SeeDRankLou
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I rather liked the Chocobo music in this game, I thought it was actually kind of funny. They always do something to the chocobo music in every FF game, and while this one sounds VERY different, the chocobo theme is still there, it's just really really really slow compared to others and there are too many sounds to notice it outright. I think they could have very easily called it something like Reggae de Chocobo and more people would have liked it, or at least not disliked it.

Despite what many people say, I thought the music to this game was very well done.

Sefie1999AD
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
The chocobo melody is there, but very slow? As fas as I've noticed, there's some brass being played there, and every now and then, there's something slightly like a xylophone playing a few notes of the regular Chocobo theme. I think the composers of FFX-2 decided not to use FF themes because they're Uematsu's work, not theirs. Same thing with Tetsuya Nomura not using Amano's characters in Kingdom Hearts games.

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes, I like 5 of them.

Real Emotion: Ok, it's a bit cheesy but as far as J-pop goes, it's pretty catchy!
1000 words: This helped convey the love that Lenne and Shuyin shared. Nice emotional ballad!
Yuna's Ballad: Nice, subtle piece that effortlessly makes me feel Yuna's hurt and how much she misses Tidus
Opening credits. You know the tune that plays when you don't press a button after switching the game on? I like it as it is quite an intriguing romatic piece
Final Boss Battle music: Brilliant! Helps give you the impression of epicness and pumps you up to defeat the final boss!

So there you have it! I actually did like some of FFX-2's music. What about you?
As for me I like a few things:
real Emotion ( and you're right, It is a catchy tune)
1000 words (I know the Whole song by memory)
Battle them is pretty cool
The theme titled "Gullwings March"
Aeons battle theme ( Seems like they are out for revenge, even though they helped Yuna through her journey to begin with)
That's a few of them I don't want to go on forever here.

Bahamut24
01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
The chocobo music and victory fanfare always have something different about it in every game. Personally, I like most of the music in this game. It's more upbeat. Of course I like the music in most of the FF games, this one is just different.
Yeah and u wanna know what makes the music different, is that it is not composed by FF legend Nobou Uematsu thats why

Lain
01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Same thing with Tetsuya Nomura not using Amano's characters in Kingdom Hearts games.
But they used Nobuo Uematsu's song "One Winged Angel" even there was diffrent composer in KH

Personally I hate music in X-2. Chocobo Theme either

TheAbominatrix
01-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah and u wanna know what makes the music different, is that it is not composed by FF legend Nobou Uematsu thats why

Get used to it, he wont be doing anymore.

I liked the music fine. Though any change in the FF formula really seems to anger people.

01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
why, did Nobou Uematsu quit?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52083

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Unlike our previous FF games, our classic Chocobo theme, as well as the Victory fanfare u hear at the end of a battle, is gone. This new chocobo music is not bad but different. I just kinda wondered what they said at the end of the theme. It sounds cool.

i never heard it before. :cry:

01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
oh yeah that chocobo song. and that one person yells something in the end that i cant make out.

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
what person?