PDA

View Full Version : My favorite station is gone.

Agent Proto
01-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, so this morning, when I got into my car, I was in for a big surprise. I went to my favorite station, 99.1 FM, which is an "All Rock" station for the Maryland, DC, and VA areas. Some of you who live around the area might know the station as WHFS, one of the best stations out there. However, it's been replaced with an "All Spanish" Station, and it's completely crap. I was not aware of this change, nor have I been told about it. However, I think it's total crap and I want my favorite station back!

Bring Back WHFS!

There's an online petition for it, and I hope some of you members around the area that often listens to the station on the radio to help me out, unless you haven't. And for those who live elsewhere, I'm not suggesting you sign the petition, but if you want to, feel free. The more the merrier, I suppose.

I think it's crap to replace a popular rock station with a crappy spanish station.

Here's a link about the situation. It'll provide more info on it than I gave, so give it a read. Also, if you want, sign the petition. =D

http://www.darkmindshosting.com/~cr...age/PROTEST.htm
http://www.hfstival.com/

Rye
01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
My favourite radio talk show, Ron and Phez, moved to Washington. It's terrible. They were SO funny. I miss them. :(

Seriously, they don't belong in Washington. One of them has a really thick Bronx accent, they still belong in NY.

SeeDRankLou
01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Did it possibly change to a different frequency? That happened to me a while ago. 107.9 The Buzz (rock station) was just an oldies station one day. I was like WTF!!!! Then I was just tuning through channels and found that it had merely changed to 94.5 The Buzz, and I was happy again.

Agent Proto
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
No, read the links. It's completely gone. I even thought it changed frequency.

boris no no
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
don't hjave any good radio stations. theres a rock one but its just for london...i think!

escobert
01-13-2005, 10:31 PM
I usually listen to Q106 (classic rock) 99 Rock (Dartmouth Uni station, Modern rock) 97.1 Kiss FM is rap/pop ut I get mad since most of the songs on Kiss suck but my friends all liek to hear the rap.

Yamaneko
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
You are aware that online petitions are useless, right?

That said, mainstream radio is terrible. You'll never hear a song that's over five minutes long by anyone who didn't sell fifty million records. Don't even get me started on talk radio.

Strider
01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
They did the same thing in Houston and up in the Bay Area, closing down the oldest and best rock stations in both places. This is why I hate Clear Channel so much.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 12:07 AM
That's progress for you.

krissy
01-14-2005, 12:09 AM
on a totally opposite note, my university radio is 20 years odl this weekend

Carnage
01-14-2005, 12:30 AM
i hate my local rock radio station justplays the same old new crap all the time. I mean i can understand my classic rock station not playing anything new.

DMKA
01-14-2005, 12:35 AM
I remember when that EXACT same thing happened to Y107 in L.A. It changed to an all Spanish station that played crap... :(

And yes, there's no bringing it back.

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 12:58 AM
In St. Louis, my favorite station is a classic rock station called KSHE 95 (94.7) It's been around for over 35 years. But on the topic note, another station 104.1 EXTREME radio just suddenly dissapeared one morning. It was a heavy metal station and then turned into something called the river. Imagine the music they play. I still have an EXTREME poster.

escobert
01-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah 99 rock was one of the first FM stations in NE it was the first in NH/VT. 99 rock always says "the only thing clear about our station is the music" since 93.9/101.7 are clear channel stations :mad2

Leeza
01-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Click my sig for the best rock station anywhere. CFOX. It's competition station suddenly changed one day from rock to talk. I don't think a petition will help here because the owner's of the station have their reasons, be they monetary or political, so a piece of paper with names won't make them change their mind.

Dingo Jellybean
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
There's DC101 that plays rock and Z104(my favorite station). And 107.3. So you basically have 3 other alternatives. I think one of them is owned by Infinity, while the others are owned by Clear Channel or Bonneville.

I had 99.1 preset on my station, but I always listened to Z104(A "modern" music station that plays rock/alternative) and Hot 99.5(a "hit" music station). If Z104 went out, then I'd be pissed. I always loved the Z104 Lounge, where they have artists come in and perform live acoustically.

Logan
01-14-2005, 01:39 AM
We used to have a cool oldies station, 92.9, and one day it turned into spanish music. It was sad.

Strider
01-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Are you serious? 92.9 is gone, too?

I suggest we invest in pitchforks.