PDA

View Full Version : Help with FF1 DoS(May contain spoilers)

vegeoku
01-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Ok, I'm trying to get perfection with my Fi/BB/WM/BM party. I'm currently trying to get them all to lvl 99. But what I was wanting help on was two things, first, where is the best place to find megalixers? Right now I'm killing Dragon Zombies to get them, but its taking forever, I've killed over 400 of them and only gotten about 15 megalixers. Is there anywhere else I can get them more easily? Also the other thing I was wanting help on was what items raise my stats, int, str, etc. and where do I find them? Thanks for any help.

abrojtm
01-14-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm fairly sure that there aren't any other monsters that drop Megalixers. All of the Power/Int/etc. up items are found in the optional dungeons.

NOFX1117
01-25-2005, 08:03 AM
I use that exact same team when i play, but the way i play is i get mad food and a nice seat and sit there for hours on end and play the game from start to finish in one sitting... its the best this way, i play FF1 and 2 dawn of souls on my gba emulator... i wish they didnt play around with the numbers from the original game, but chaos at the end was way too easy, i had the perfect strategy... my fighter had the masmune, my Monk(Black Belt) had his fists, my black mage would use haste on them, then follow up with Flaire(NUKE) until the end, and my white mage would use Holy if my guys were in good shape or she would heal me if i needed... my guys were level 61 or 62, i beat him in 3 turns... i restarted my game and am using the same guys and im trying to get them to the max level too, i wanna know if after your class changes your attributes raise quicker, cuz if that happened then the lower the level you change at then the better your guys will be in the end...

feioncastor
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I use that exact same team when i play, but the way i play is i get mad food and a nice seat and sit there for hours on end and play the game from start to finish in one sitting... its the best this way, i play FF1 and 2 dawn of souls on my gba emulator... i wish they didnt play around with the numbers from the original game, but chaos at the end was way too easy, i had the perfect strategy... my fighter had the masmune, my Monk(Black Belt) had his fists, my black mage would use haste on them, then follow up with Flaire(NUKE) until the end, and my white mage would use Holy if my guys were in good shape or she would heal me if i needed... my guys were level 61 or 62, i beat him in 3 turns... i restarted my game and am using the same guys and im trying to get them to the max level too, i wanna know if after your class changes your attributes raise quicker, cuz if that happened then the lower the level you change at then the better your guys will be in the end...

Thank you for this.

I assume that you've played the original FF1 start to finish. Your post seems to say a lot for example, knowing that Flare was originally called NUKE, and that "Monks" were once "Blk Blt"s. Most people assume they're FF masters once they've beaten FF1&2: DoS, but really, the original FF1 and 2 are considerably harder.

FF Origins almost does a good job of portraying the originals, but you can use a lot of items in battle that you can't in FF1 NES.

In FF1&2: DoS, however, you can use all the items in battle. And you can carry way more weapons and armor. In the original, each character had four weapon slots, and four armor slots, which is way more realistic, but I really don't care about realistic. I just think it was more challenging because you were always having to sell weapons and armor that you really wanted to keep but couldn't cause you had no room. You couldn't hold weapons and armor in your inventory with the potions like you can now. And before, there was no item to bring you back to life or to fill up MP, because there was no MP. The only items that filled up MP were the Cabins and Houses. AND you could only save in two places: either at an Inn, or with a Tent/Cabin/House. And you could only use two items in battle, that was "Heal" (now called Potion), and "Pure" (now called Antidote, I think). There was an item called "Soft" which cured Stone, but you could only use it outside of battle.

Sorry, I'm rambling again...... My bad.

Good luck, man.

Feion

ljkkjlcm9
01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
look dude, it's great you played the first one, but you're not the only person. I mean, I still own my FFI NES copy and it still works on my NES, so whatever. I mean there are always gonna be people who think they're FF masters when they are not, namely a lot of people who started with VII, but as long as you know you've played the original, you cna just laugh and nod at them. Don't complain, there will always be people like that, and I actually like the DoS version for the most part, I prefer the enemies were harder, but otherwise I think it's awesome.

THE JACKEL

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Jackel-kupo-san, I agree entirely with you in both points.

mc09090
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
my monk currently has the iron nunchucks, but i dont want them, how do i make it so that my guy has fists?

i cant beat omega or shinryu

strats?

party:
lvl65 Black wiz
lvl65 Red wiz
lvl 65 Master
lvl 64 Knight

DJZen
02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
You de-equip them.

For shinryuu just cast protera, invisra and haste on everyone, then hack him to pieces and use strong magic such as firaga, thundaga, blizzaga and flare. You'll be at this a while, expect to have a mage or two die. And FOR GOD'S SAKES PUT YOUR MAGES ON THE BOTTOM! Mages have lower HP and evasion so they can't take as many hits. Always put your hardiest classes on top.

Xalioniaf
03-01-2005, 03:41 AM
strange, I always put my RM on top, right above my warrior, and I don't have much of a problem. He is nore powerful than regular mages, but w/e. Anyway, to beat either one, have your BW cast NullLightning-Death with the respective curtains(just to be safe, ya'know? Besides, he's gonna need to do something for a while.) All this time, have your RW,Knight, and Monk use a Giant's Gloves to beef themselves up with Temper. If your RW knows Haste, use it on each of them. Use items that cast protera and such(if they exist. I'm not sure, I wasn't stupid enough to not take a WM). Then, after much much preperation, begin your attacks. YOu should have a Rune staff. Use it with your black wizard. It's gonna be your only healing sorce unless you wanna use your RW to cast Curaga every turn. Shunryuu shouldn't be too hard, in my oppinion, but you've got trouble with Omega. He can attack everyone for around 5000-7000, or attack one person of almost all of their health. Your BW WILL die multiple times, even if you put him in the back. Just use the same stratagy as before, except take lots of elixirs and pheonix downs.
I'm not entirly sure if it'll work. I'm just trying to incorperate my party(RW,KN,WW,BW) into your party. Try it out, at least. I was at a much lower level than you, and this stratagy worked fine.

DarkLadyNyara
03-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Shunryuu shouldn't be too hard, in my oppinion, but you've got trouble with Omega.
I actually found Shinryu harder than Omega... dont know why. :confused:

ljkkjlcm9
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Well I found neither of them hard and had no-one die in any DoS dungeon, it all varies for the individual player...

THE JACKEL

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I have a question what on earth did you use other than mp?
What is it PP like in pokemon

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
my monk currently has the iron nunchucks, but i dont want them, how do i make it so that my guy has fists?

strats?

party:
lvl65 Black wiz
lvl65 Red wiz
lvl 65 Master
lvl 64 Knight

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that you took one of the most useless classes in the game and nerfed the one and only thing that makes them even remotely useful for the entire time? I assume you've been playing a lot since your up to Omega and Shinryu and your level 65. I mean blimey, it just seems so daft and silly!

mihalis
03-28-2005, 11:35 PM
look dude, it's great you played the first one, but you're not the only person. I mean, I still own my FFI NES copy and it still works on my NES, so whatever. I mean there are always gonna be people who think they're FF masters when they are not, namely a lot of people who started with VII, but as long as you know you've played the original, you cna just laugh and nod at them. Don't complain, there will always be people like that, and I actually like the DoS version for the most part, I prefer the enemies were harder, but otherwise I think it's awesome.

THE JACKEL

hehe... Well, let's see, my first RPG was Legacy of the Ancients for the Commodore 64, then Ultima, then Dragon Warrior, then Final Fantasy I... I'm not quite sure if I qualify as 'old-school' or not, but I don't think it matters whether I am a FF master... After all, who are we competing against??!!

ljkkjlcm9
03-29-2005, 02:30 AM
hehe... Well, let's see, my first RPG was Legacy of the Ancients for the Commodore 64, then Ultima, then Dragon Warrior, then Final Fantasy I... I'm not quite sure if I qualify as 'old-school' or not, but I don't think it matters whether I am a FF master... After all, who are we competing against??!!

Dude, I never said I was an FF master or an 'old school' gamer. I'm just saying there are people who will claim to be when they are not, ka-peesh...

THE JACKEL

Fireblade13
03-30-2005, 11:49 AM
What about my question?
What do you use instead of MP for magic attacks

ljkkjlcm9
03-30-2005, 12:52 PM
What about my question?
What do you use instead of MP for magic attacks

In the original version it worked as such... You could cast a certain number of each spell LEVEL. IE, a Red mage with level 1 would probably have cure, fire, and Lit(bolt). Say he has a 4 for level 1, that means he can cast a total of 4 level 1 spells, such as cure twice and fire twice, or bolt all 4 times. Magic was much more limited in this manner.

THE JACKEL

Fireblade13
04-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Ok. Thats a little confusing but I get it. So you can cast this per battle or in between inns.

ljkkjlcm9
04-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok. Thats a little confusing but I get it. So you can cast this per battle or in between inns.

right you have a total of 4 times you can cast a level 1 spell in between inns/houses. As you gain levels, the number of times you can cast a certain level spell increases.

THE JACKEL

Joshkabob
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM

strats?

party:
lvl65 Black wiz
lvl65 Red wiz
lvl 65 Master
lvl 64 Knight

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that you took one of the most useless classes in the game and nerfed the one and only thing that makes them even remotely useful for the entire time? I assume you've been playing a lot since your up to Omega and Shinryu and your level 65. I mean blimey, it just seems so daft and silly!

Dude, the Monk/Master Rules. I'm almost done of the forth crystel and he's only been KOed once.

Fireblade13
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah but with those nunchucks really bar him down.

DJZen
05-07-2005, 02:03 AM
So? Just unequip 'em after you beat up Astos.