PDA

View Full Version : The Things That Make Final Fantasy The Best RPG EVER

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 02:53 AM
what makes Final Fantasy the king (or queen) of all Role Playing Games is its creativity, and legends like Final Fantasy VII. certainly, there is no other RPG like Final Fantasy. :D

FFFanSince1987
01-14-2005, 03:26 AM
Dragon Warrior is a far better RPG series than Final Fantasy.

Buster Sword Strike
01-14-2005, 03:38 AM
^^ you, evil, go away!! "TROLL"

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 03:42 AM
Dragon Warrior? no way. Dragon Warrior is a fine series, but it has nothing to compare to the likes of Final Fantasy: summons, magic, great graphics, musical score.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Dragon Warrior? no way. Dragon Warrior is a fine series, but it has nothing to compare to the likes of Final Fantasy: summons, magic, great graphics, musical score.

True, but there was a time before Final Fantasy had summoned creatures. The first two in the series were fresh, and had none of those. They didn't come until Japan's FFIII came out. It's evolution in progress.

RedCydranth
01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Regardless of summons, FF storylines have always been more solid. With exception of FF1, but compare FF1's story to DW1's and FF wins there too.

I agree DW is a phenominal series, but FF is better.

What makes FF a great series is the consistant fun each game has. Wether it be summons, Limits, Magic, or rediculous translating (FF4!!), the FF series is a wonderful menagerie of surprises and colorful characters and there's no denying greatness.

Name one early DW game where you get attached to the characters as much as any early FF game character. I haven't played any DW games past V but I hear they are decent. But from what I know, FF is better.

turnitup5000db
01-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah. DW is nice and all, but to be honest, I always found FF to be much smoother in terms of gameplay and storyline, which is about 90% of what makes or breaks an rpg for most people I talk to. Yeah, pretty graphics and a kickin musical score rock, but if you can't stand to play the game then what you have is a very expensive midi file on a disk or cartrage, and HONESTLY, you can't say that FF doesn't whip DW in story and gameplay mechanics.

Del Murder
01-22-2005, 09:37 PM
The stories are awesome, but the always complex but simple gameplay and sidequests are what make it my favorite series. There's always plenty of stuff to collect and do. A problem I have with DW is all the levelling up involved, and the fact that the level up/ability learning system basically never changes. FF doesn't have that. I think I would get bored after 12 materia games, but one is fine and dandy.

Martyr
01-23-2005, 01:33 AM
The villains are always cool. I think that the element crystal/dark and light side struggle for power/dark side utilizing mortals and light side invoking light warriors plot devices are excellent.
Final Fantasy has, because of this realistic and well developed style, been very engrossing, moreso than nearly any other game, throughout the entire series.

And that's why it's great. When the scene flashes and my fighter takes a hit, I feel it in my stomach, and when Frionel flies backwards and gets his face rubbed ten feet into the dirt, I almost get flung from the controller.
I am the real Light Warrior! I traveled 2000 years to the past to put an end to Garlands long fermented hatred. And I have never fel that way about any other game or series.

Zelda, for example, is a wonderful game. But it's hack and slash, which is undeniably 3rd person omniscient, and takes you out of the game from the start. You know that you're playing a video game.

And, I guess, the math is right.