PDA

View Full Version : Night Rituals

The Captain
01-14-2005, 07:11 AM
I recall a topic along these lines a while ago, but couldn't find, so I'll pose it again:

What do you do to get ready for bed and to wind down at night? Do you have any nightly routine, or do you just do whatever feels most natural at the time? Do you think your routine works, and perhaps should other who have trouble falling asleep try it?

I generally do a series of exercises, crunches, pushups, situps, and streching followed by a shower. Next, I'll turn on the TV for a little while to catch the news and then Sportscenter. Then, time permitting, I'll pop on here for a little while before going off to my room to listen to music and sleep.

Granted, this routine will change quite a bit very soon as school will cause me to turn in earlier.

How about all of you?

Take care all.

TheAbominatrix
01-14-2005, 07:34 AM
I was thinking about making this topic. Yay!

I basically just crawl into bed and the rest of my stuff is done there. I say my prayers and then I curl up and make up a good story to tell myself. And then I drift off. The end.

Behold the Void
01-14-2005, 07:41 AM
I'm generally online until about 12:00 talking to people, after which I use the bathroom, brush my teeth, and go to bed.

lordblazer
01-14-2005, 07:56 AM
WEll um i really dont have a schedule of what i do at night I'm normaly watching flash movies on newgrounds.

Cless
01-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't really have a bedtime routine. When I get tired, I sleep and that's the most complex it gets. However, I do have a really weird sleeping pattern that is constantly changing. Yesterday I woke at 11pm and now it's 7:52am (in the UK). I have always had this sleeping problem and it is very hard to set right as it is so unpredictible.

flash movies on newgrounds.
:love:

Lionx
01-14-2005, 08:30 AM
4 more hours online..then bed...either that or masturbation :D

Xander
01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't really do anything to prepare for going to bed except sometimes have a bath before, it makes me sleep better.

Or if I can't get to sleep I play my GBA in bed or watch some TV for a while.

Resha
01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Um, I fall asleep listening to music on my discman. When I'm really sleepy and dozy-offy, I just switch of the thing.

Jack
01-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Listning to music usually

Silmaril
01-14-2005, 11:25 AM
I walk around all over the house in my pj's, listen to the radio/read then lie awake thinking/worrying about tomorrow and then drift slowly to sleep :D .

Samuraid
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I stay up...

and stay up...

and stay up...

and possibly stay up some more until I am exceptionally tired...

then I go to bed.

It's about 3:30 AM right now and I'm not tired yet. :D

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Whatevertime I happen to get off work that day I go home and check this place out. Then I go to eat (I hate having set meal times soooo much). From their it depends on if I have to work the next day ot not. If so I'll usually hang around the barracks doing whatever to fullfill my time while usually listening to my radio. I'll check in here at random intervals throughout the night, just because. Lately it's been web design that filled my time up but the past few days I picked up my playstation controller again. I always seem to make it to bed around 11:00 to 11:30. If I don't work, then between 2-6 am.

Faris
01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Stand in my room doing absolutly(sp?) nothing.
Then do the nightly routine (brush teeth, change clothes...)
Then after my mom leaves for work, I play a game in the PS2 untill I fall asleep. :p
On weekend nights, however, I stay on the computer for as long as I possibly can, without getting into trouble, or creating an aliby if I do get caught :D

m4tt
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I watch tv from my bed until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

DMKA
01-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't have a schedule. I just do whatever until I'm tired then fall onto the futton and go to sleep. Yes I sleep on a futton...what? Why are you looking at me that way? :confused:

Rye
01-14-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm trying to do some walking/jogging on the treadmill I have while I'm watching The Simpsons or Seinfeld to loose weight. After that I take a bath or shower. That's really all I do before I go to bed, besides watch Lost/House on the days it's on.

I need the TV on when I'm trying to go to bed for some reason, so that's on too.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 08:14 PM
If, "rituals," means what I think it does, then it's none of your damned beeswax.

Spritz
01-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I usually SHower, Teeth, Watch a DVD/Post/Chat then sleep.

Good times! :D

Old Manus
01-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Watch Little Britain. If it's not on, I cry myself to sleep.

SeeDRankLou
01-14-2005, 08:42 PM
This depends on a number of factors, which I will list:

1. Normal Day
I put on PJs, brush my teeth, drink some water, set my alarm if I need to, and just get in bed. I find a comfortable position (which is always different every night) and I just go to sleep. If I can't fall asleep, (sadly) I think of doing math. I don't know why, but it puts me to sleep in like five minutes. A good Tripe Integral - LaGrange Multiplier type problem will usually do the trick. Sometimes I need to throw in a Green's Theorem situation or a Curl, but that's only when necessary.

2. I have gone out that night
Hopefully, I have enough mental capacity left to remember to brush my teeth, drink an ample amount of water, change, and set my alarm. Otherwise, I just fall in my bed and easily fall asleep. Alcohol will do that.

3. I stay the night at my friend Ryan's house
We play video games and drink wine all night until we both can't stand anymore. He pulls out the futon into a bed for me and I try to go to sleep before he does so that I'm not kept up by his snoring.

4. The person I am seeing is staying the evening
Well....you know....stuff. :D

5. When I purchase Resident Evil 4 tomorrow
Sleep? What?

Fuzakeru
01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
4 more hours online..then bed...either that or masturbation :D
That's great right there. XD!
I don't really have a routine but let's see . . .
1.) Either I get a shower right before Myles gets home or I wait until he's home then we take one together nightly.
2.) Brush my teeth.
3.) Wash my face with zit stuff to make sure I don't get zitty again.
4.) Rummage around for my Pajamas.
5.) Cuddle with Myles.
6.) Go online / Play a video game with Myles / or watch anime

Until Finally

7.) Play with our hamsters
8.) More cuddling and more than likely something more . . .
9.) Cuddling and then sleep.

:<3:

Mindflare
01-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I go to sleep whenever I pass out (could be 5 pm, could be 3 am. It varies.). Though, I prefer to wash my face and brush my teeth before that. Sometimes, it doesn't end up happening.

Pure Strife
01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Sleep is for the weak. I may brush my teeth every night before not sleeping though, that about covers it.

Dr.K
01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
My brain decides to get interested with life at about 10pm, so i start doing all these 'ambitious' things (undone work etc.) about half an hour before bed. Whatever happens - teeth and face are seen to before hitting the hay

nik0tine
01-14-2005, 10:59 PM
I stay up 'till im tired and then I crash, wake up the next morning, and proceed to wish I had gone to bed earlier.

boris no no
01-14-2005, 11:10 PM
i go online to do uni work and go here. if i've got uni in the morning i go to bed at about 12 if not anywhere til 4. i listen to some music and brush my hair. i ring any random friend.
i then wash my face and moisturise then brush my teeth and put my retainer in (DAMN wonky teeth!)
then i turn all the lights off and think about stuff...the universe, life, what i'm having for breakfast!
i used to get a nice night cap ( ;) ;) ;) ) but i don't have a boyfriend anymore so...no fun!

herbie08
01-14-2005, 11:31 PM
"4 more hours online..then bed...either that or masturbation"
that's just beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Me, I'm in bed by eleven or else my company commander tears my ass anew, so my ritual is usually trying to get a million and one things done before that time

kikimm
01-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Eh, usually then I stat doing my homework, am rudely interrupted by one of my friends (either here or on the phone), write in my journal, usually pray...wash face, brush teeth, and then turn on my music. Toss and turn for about 2 hours, and then I guess I fall asleep.

Every day.

:D

black orb
01-19-2005, 06:26 AM
>>> Lurk/post here, listen music, drink fruit juice and listen the tv, then I brush my teeth and Im ready to sleep and have nightmares..

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Post here, and play Final Fantasy XI. Ladies and gentlemen, you've just heard not only what I do before I go to bed, but my life story.

Devourment
01-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I recall a topic along these lines a while ago, but couldn't find, so I'll pose it again:

What do you do to get ready for bed and to wind down at night? Do you have any nightly routine, or do you just do whatever feels most natural at the time? Do you think your routine works, and perhaps should other who have trouble falling asleep try it?

I generally do a series of exercises, crunches, pushups, situps, and streching followed by a shower. Next, I'll turn on the TV for a little while to catch the news and then Sportscenter. Then, time permitting, I'll pop on here for a little while before going off to my room to listen to music and sleep.

Granted, this routine will change quite a bit very soon as school will cause me to turn in earlier.

How about all of you?

Take care all.I hope that i don't cause any offence here but are you a compulsive obbsessive??

Agent Proto
01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Ok, I just lay in bed trying to get myself comfortable. Once I'm comfortable, I try to not have anything keep me awake. If it's too noisy, I'll have to lower to volume on my computer's speakers. If I can't sleep, I'll try my best to sleep. Heh.

Logan
01-20-2005, 02:27 AM
I turn my music on, brush my teeth and wash my face and pluck my eyebrows (if it's needed, usually just once a week), turn my music off, and hop into bed and lay there for a while and then I fall asleep. Sometimes I get a phone call around 10 or 11 so I talk for about an hour and then I go to sleep. :D

The Captain
01-20-2005, 03:59 AM
"I hope that i don't cause any offence here but are you a compulsive obbsessive??"

Nay, good sir. I, like many, just have various nighty routines that can sometimes give me peace of mind or make me fall asleep easier.

Take care all.

01-20-2005, 04:29 AM
if i cant sleep i can read in bed until i get tired.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-20-2005, 06:36 AM
if i cant sleep i can read in bed until i get tired.

Theres that or tv...(i just finished the davinci code btw) but i usually read get tired, brush my teeth then i start reading again....seriously theres something about pissing and brushing your teeth that gets your energy up before bed and after waking up!

Bernhard
01-23-2005, 01:23 AM
First of all I brush my teeth and perhaps floss.
Then I apply some cleansing gel to my face and relieve myself. When I'm done with that I wash the gel away with water and apply a moisturising gel (with regular intervals I exfoliate and apply a clay face mask).
After I've done that I make my way up to my bedroom and do some Hatha Yoga for about half an hour to really stretch out and get thoroughly relaxed and calm.
Then I slide into bed and read a little something before I actually go to sleep.

Sometimes I also masturbate furiously or have sex; depending on whether or not I happen to have company.

All of this is of course due to changes but this is what I usually do these days.