PDA

View Full Version : Do eyelashes grow back?

Xander
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Because mine keep coming out, and I'm worried. =/ Seriously.

Dr.K
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Hopefully this (http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?PAGETYPE=ART&REFER=SKIN&ID=111) article should be of some help. (The third paragraph in "solution" is a bit extreme - sorry)

Loony BoB
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes, it seems they do grow (and hence, grow back). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyelashes)

Spritz
01-14-2005, 05:31 PM
After extensive testing and ignoring other, so called,'prooven' theorys about eyelashes I've come to the conclusion that eating sand will make them grow back.

Bur honestly, your lashes will be fine. I usually get the occasinal eyelash causing X-TREME(tm) PAIN in my eye and a few taking off my makeup on weekends and mine are as elegent and beautiful as ever!

sascha
01-14-2005, 06:09 PM
well my friend eats hers. She's still got plenty....

Xander
01-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Well it wasn't that they were just falling out, more just coming out when I pulled them/messed with my eye xD Although if they grow back it's okay. I just had this sudden fear I could end up with no eyelashes =X *crazy*

Doomgaze
01-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Given the number that have found their way into my eye over the years, I'd definitely say yes.

Miriel
01-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Well it wasn't that they were just falling out, more just coming out when I pulled them/messed with my eye xD Although if they grow back it's okay. I just had this sudden fear I could end up with no eyelashes =X *crazy*

I have a friend who obsessively pulls out her eyelashes when she's nervous or extremely bored and after 13 years of this, she still has longer and fuller eyelashes than me. So I'd say yes, they do grow back.

Silmaril
01-14-2005, 07:37 PM
More eyelashes fall out of my left eye than my righ in a 4:1 ratio. :cry:

Dr.K
01-14-2005, 07:41 PM
I once saw someone with ginger eyelashes. I didn't know that was genetically possible!

fire_of_avalon
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
My eyelashes are really dark at the roots and blonde at the tips. I don't seem to get many in my eye, but eyelashes are like normal hairs so they'll grow back as long as you don't pull the follicle out.

Rye
01-14-2005, 07:54 PM
If they didn't, I'd have no eyelashes. Damn you, waterproof mascara!

Dingo Jellybean
01-14-2005, 07:57 PM
I noticed I had the beginnings of a uni-brow, so when I shaved one day I decided to cut off the beginnings of a uni-brow...but I accidentally saved off a part of my left eyebrow. When I wanted to shave my sideburns, I accidentally shaved off my right eyebrow...so out of stupidity because both brows were uneven, I shaved off both eyebrows. -_-

Luckily that was years ago. They grew back in 2 months. Hair anywhere on your body grows back, so no worries.

Fuzakeru
01-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I noticed I had the beginnings of a uni-brow, so when I shaved one day I decided to cut off the beginnings of a uni-brow...but I accidentally saved off a part of my left eyebrow. When I wanted to shave my sideburns, I accidentally shaved off my right eyebrow...so out of stupidity because both brows were uneven, I shaved off both eyebrows. -_-

Luckily that was years ago. They grew back in 2 months. Hair anywhere on your body grows back, so no worries.

O_o; Once!!! Only once! I got really lazy about plucking my eyebrows and decided if I were careful enough a razor would work just as well. It worked until I slipped my arms a little and ended up taking off like half an inch of eyebrow. >_<!!! It grew back now so I don't look freakish.
Once my brother shaved my eyebrows to get back at me for putting glue in his shampoo. ^_^

Jojee
01-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Sillies ^^ They're just like any other hair. People cut their eyelashes when they're younger so that it will grow back thicker and longer.

omnitarian
01-14-2005, 10:22 PM
When I wanted to shave my sideburns, I accidentally shaved off my right eyebrow...

... Just how big of a razor were you using? :O_O:

Pure Strife
01-14-2005, 10:27 PM

Yeah, a guy I knew did that last year. He got some pretty good questions about it in school, probably cause it was one of the funniest things I've seen.

boris no no
01-14-2005, 11:17 PM
when i was younger i was somewhat enthusiastic about pluking my eyebrows. this stopped when a teacher said to me "so why is everyone shaving their eyebrows off??"
my eylashes are weird...they grow in clumps! plus they're a weird colour...black at the roots and white at the end...i'm blond but my eyebrows are black (not brown...black!)
my dads got ginger eyelashes! they're funny!

Dingo Jellybean
01-14-2005, 11:25 PM
... Just how big of a razor were you using? :O_O:

At that time I was using a Mach 3 razor, that was like 4 or 5 years ago. The blade was probably about 2" long. My eyebrows kind of grow long horizontally, so I nicked part of it...so yeah.