PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII Pre-Release FAQ

Necronopticous
01-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Very informative and interesting.

Taken from the GameFAQs message board.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-15-2005, 02:25 AM
I learned a lot of FFXII that I didnt know before, thanks. (Not sarcastic)

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Good stuff there. *sticks*

skystje
02-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Very Informative indeed. I quite enjoyed reading it :ty:

Battle system is kinda interesting. Square-Enix alaways comes up with something dissimilar to the previous installment. Would be interesting to know wether we can have all the characters in battle, or just a select few. I can see the gambits to be a pretty good thing for in battle, espically with many party members.

I was afraid at first that it would wind up being the same as "Tatics" system used in Dragon Warrior 4, whears the only direct control you have is over your hero character. I had a mouth that would rival Cid Highwind's and just made my hero heal a lot.

Each person having thier own tatics is fine with me. Looks interesting, cant wait for its release. Peace :cat:

"This is sickening. you all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet. Prepare yourselves!" -Kefka FF6 :twak:

Mirage
02-04-2005, 07:37 AM
The more I read about this game, the more excited I get.

samdabomb
02-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanx i learnt abit more than i knew :)

FallenAngel411
02-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, this sounds really cooley!! I can't wait...Xenosaga will have to tide me over until its slooooowwwww release. Wahhhh, too slow!

Sonphil15
02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
hey i seen the Xenosaga preview but none have told me when it will be out !! do u no ? i seen a few perviews for ff x11 but they said it was cummin out in sep !!! :mad2:

m4tt
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
What?

Sonphil15
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
i dont know

*Dark~Chaos*
03-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Story (so far )

Final Fantasy 12 is set in the world of Ivalice, for years the two kingdoms of Arcadia and Rosaria have been fighting against each other in a bitter struggle. Located in a strategically important corridor between the two powers is the small kingdom of Dalmaska.

Arcadia's invasion of the kingdom prompts its princess Ashe to join forces with the resistance. Vaan is an optimistic and bright young man yielding from the ancient kingdom of Dalmaska, which has fallen under the control of the Arcardian Empire. Due to the unsatisfactory conditions there, he has cut his ties with relatives there, seeking his very own personal freedom.

As an adventurer, he dreams of being able to command an airship someday. Ashe is the sole daughter of the king of Dalmaska and hence the next inline to the throne. Following the invasion of her country, she becomes the leader of the resistance against the Empire. During a wild pursuit, she loses one companion after the other. Despite her desperate situation, she still hasn't lost the pride of a princess. In this situation she meets Vaan, and before long loses her heart to him. Thus their joint adventure begins

Battle System

A new battle system has been created for Final Fantasy XII. Influenced by Square Enix's own Final Fantasy XI and Vagrant Story, the battles now real-time and take place on the field. No more battle transitions or victory poses. Gil and experience are gained automatically after an enemy is dispatched and some even drop items for characters to pick-up.

Features:
+ ADB (Active Dimension Battle)
+ 3D camera
+ Field encounters
+ Three party battles
+ Free movement in combat

During field exploration, all three party members in the active party will be on-screen following the lead character. Players will be able to rotate the camera freely to get a good view of the surroundings. Characters will be seen carrying their weapons in and out of battles with a new battle system called ADB (Active Dimension Battle) in real-time. Players will be able to control the actions and movement of one of three active characters at once. It's also possible to pause during the battle with the Circle button for issuing commands and switching control to the other two characters at any moment.

Available enemy targets will have an icon appear above their heads when the party moves within combat distance. When an attack is issused, an arch appears between the character and the enemy, indicating which target the character is focused on. Similar to FFX-2, commands are issused, the ATB bar begins to fill and the character will perform the action when his or her ATB bar is full. Characters will automatically keep on attacking the enemy until the battle ends or a new command is issued. Other than Black and White, Green is a new branch of Magic. Green Magic will contain buffs like Shell and status-infliciting magic like Blind. A new Gambit system will allow players to select certain strategies and tactics for the characters controlled by A.I. The new battle system also takes into account character placement that add a layer of strategy to battles. Melee characters can be pushed to the front in order to prevent the enemies from attacking the ranged characters shooting from behind.

Monsters
In Final Fantasy XII, monsters are able to think, not like any other Final Fantasy games. Not just lurking around, they are able to trap the player in different ways. Be sure to check on the navigation map for monsters because they can emerge suddenly and without warning. Monsters can plan (e.g. ambushes, support other monsters if they see the party fighting against them), they can flee and recover, consider obstacles, etc.

Not only can monsters think, they can detect the party by sight, sound, or odor. Although monsters can think, detecting the party is not new to the series. Monsters in Final Fantasy XI detect players in the same manner.

Races

Hume
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/hume.jpg
Humans are referred to as Humes in the world of Ivalice. There are many different kinds of Humes in the world with varying levels of intelligence, body features and cultures. Social standards of Ivalice have other anthropoid races on equal terms with Humes, but there are other more intelligent races. These superior races prefer not to show themselves to Humes. There are also other less intelligent races that Humes utlize as slaves for manual labor. Humes make up around 40% of the population of Ivalice.

Viera
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/viera.jpg
Tall and thin, vieras are people of the forest. Known for their long, slander bodies, tall ears and beautiful silver hair, the viera can live up to three times as long as average humes. With two different varieties, Veena Viera have white skin and Rava Viera have brown skin. Had it not been for their height and long ears, this race would closely resemble the humes. Having a greater sense of sight, a viera can spot and catch her prey from 10 km in the distance. Viera's great sense of hearing allows them to make out even the different sounds of footsteps.

Over 450 years ago, the ancient homeland of the viera was destroyed in war. Having lost great portions of forest to conflicts, some vieras started to live amongst the Hume. Mixed vieras of Veena and Rava lineage easily integrate with Humes. Pure-blood vieras remained in the forests, keeping their ancient traditions.

Bangaa
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/bangaa.jpg
The race evolved from reptiles have hard scales that cover their entire bodies. One of their features is the long, low-hanging ears. There are four kinds of bangaas. Bangaa-Ruga have yellow-brown skin with short ears are more gentle than the other bangaas, making them instructors or monks. Bangaa-Faas have bronze skin with great athletic abilities. In the bangaa language, Faas means soldier and they have a strong sense of justice. Bangaa-Bista with their copper skin; Bangaa-Sanga have ash grey skin. While there are four kinds of bangaas, there are also mixed bangaas of different decent.

Other than differences in their physical appearence, the bangaa race have similar intelligence and lifestyles with humes that allow bangaas to fuse in with human society. Bangaas live 1.5x or 2x as long as average humes, but they have low reproductive cycles. Bangaas are physically superior with great hearing and mobility. Due to their voice limits, they can only command low-level magic. There is one that has developed exclusive magic for the bangaa race. Between the Bangaa-Ruga and Bangaa-Faas, they make the laws and keep the order. The Bangaa-Bista and Bangaa-Sanga lead more general lifestyles, which makes it easier for them to integrate with humes. There are rebels among the bangaas, as some Bangaa-Ruga become fighters. Certain bangaas shave their hair and become thugs that attack people. Lizardmen are closely related to bangaas, but they are less intellgent and detested by the bangaa race. Bangaas take offense to people calling them "Lizard guys."

Moogles
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/moogle.jpg
Known for their small bat-like wings, soft hair covering their bodies and the red pom-pom on their heads, the moogles are around 80-120 cm tall. Their intelligence and lifestyles are similar to humes, which makes it easy for moogles to live amongst the humes. With their dexterous hands, they are knowledgable in the field of engineering. It is said that moogles built the first airship, a masterpiece of technological advancement. Most moogles contribute to society with their great engineering capablities.

There are moogles that are so advanced that they are able to learn the ultimate technology called Etoria. While it looks like an ordinary city, there's a capital for moogles at the center of the city that's tailored for the small moogles. Humes and bangaas usually pass through the city. While mostly moogles inhabit the city, there are also unidentified technology that's installed in the city that even moogles do not understand. While not all moogles become engineers, there are a few moogles that become knights or mages. Throughout history, moogle-technology have been used in wars amongst the humes, the different races and against monsters.

Seeq
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/seeq.jpg
The race that evolved from pigs, seeqs are about as tall as humes. They tend to grow fat and their intelligence is not high. While they may look slow, seeqs can be fast and make great fighters. With great offense and defense, their great balance allows for fast movements. Due to their great combat abilities, seeqs make great mercenaries or guards. The seeq is a barbarous race with no morals. A lot of them become thieves, with jewelry and gold being their favorites with which they decorate their ugly bodies.

Summons:

Purely speculation - guesses by the looks of the summons/monsters in the trailers. The last pictures are FF:TA versions.

Ultima
In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, each of the five Crystals in Ivalice has a guardian known as Totema. Once the guardian is defeated and the crystal is broken, the player can summon the Totema. Each race can only summon a specific Totema and Ultima is the Nu Mou's Totema. The resemblance Ultima shares with the summoned beast in the FF12 trailer are almost exact. Soaring high above the planet, the summoned beast uncovers a giant canon under its dress. A close-up reveals the face of a beautiful woman. As it awakens, energy is gathered near the tip of the canon and powerful beam is shot towards the planet.
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ult3t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ult2t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ult6t.jpg

~Ifrit
One of the first beasts shown in the FF12 trailers resides in a cave. Bound by chains to a small patch of land among a lake of lava. Once it gathers enough strength the beast unfolds a pair of large arms, breaking the chains that once held it. Unleashing a great power, the lava erupts and the beast explodes upwards. The fiery environment, demon-like face and horns draws comparisons to Ifrit, the fire-demon from past Final Fantasy titles.
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ifr3t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ifr4t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/ifr6t.jpg

~Velius
Velius originally appeared as an enemy in Final Fantasy Tactics as a part of the demon group, Lucavi. The Warlock Velius was resurrected by the Zodiac Stone of Aries. With four arms and a ram-like appearance, Velius looks very similar to one of the beasts in the FF12 trailer. In a barren land with high mountains, the monster appears to gather energy as it holds its lance towards the sky. The screen fades into bright light as the lance bursts into flames. The monster leaps into the air and as it descends, the monster plunges the lance straight into the ground.
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/vel1t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/vel4t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/vel6t.gif

~Adrammelech
This beast looks very similar to another Totema from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Adrammelech is the Bangaa's Totema and also appeared in Final Fantasy Tactics. Like Velius, the Ghost of Fury Adramelk is a Lucavi aligned to the Holy Stone of Capricorn and attempts to resurrect the Bloody Angel Altima. The dragon-like beast first appeared in the E3 trailer. On the backdrop of dark, purple clouds, the beast simply unravels its wings and bursts into a bright pink light.
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/adr2t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/adr3t.jpg
http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/summons/adr5t.jpg

Basically this is a rip from Here (http://www.ffxii.net) for your reading :tongue:
Yep Im so exicited :moose:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Threads merged.

Krag Koopa
04-10-2005, 04:34 PM
where are the nu mou?

Destai
04-10-2005, 05:20 PM
The nu Mous first showed up in tactics Advance me thinks and they were mostly mages and magic users.

King~Philip
06-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Um, i think that the world of Tactics and FFXII are the same ^^

Ivalice is full of monster and weird looking people 0.o ...soo it'll look like Final Fantasy IX Again!

brother's bigger brother
08-10-2005, 05:46 PM
cant wait for the release of x12 in ireland when ever that is

Ishmayl
08-12-2005, 01:57 AM
So, from the FAQ, it looks as though the game may be more fantasy and less science-fiction (more castles, swords, magic, and less robots, space ships, and weird punk scenes). Has there been any sort of official word on this?

rubah
08-12-2005, 03:28 AM
So, from the FAQ, it looks as though the game may be more fantasy and less science-fiction (more castles, swords, magic, and less robots, space ships, and weird punk scenes). Has there been any sort of official word on this?
Have you not seen any of the trailers?

Ishmayl
08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Have you not seen any of the trailers?

No.,.. I get on the internet for about 10 minutes every day, and have a dial-up at that.... don't really have time (or bandwidth) for downloading trailers...

So, any answers?

Russ80
08-14-2005, 03:33 AM
I believe you are correct. I haven't bothered to watch any trailers either, mostly b/c ATM I don't have a computer that I trust to actually run them. ;)

--------

"No more battle transitions or victory poses"
Suh-wwweeeet!!!! That's just what I wanted.

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, FFXII is a fantasy game. It still has airships, of course, but then so have all the other fantasy. You need to see the trailers, but it seems that thats not possible for you. But yes, if you saw the trailer, you would know.

Banishing Blade
09-17-2005, 05:37 PM
w00t World Map. It said "On the World Map, there will still be unescapeable battles". Many people doubted that but maybe it still comes.:D

Waitinginshadows
09-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry I'm new to this, but I can't belive how informative this site is. I don't have much time to bs anymore, but everytime is so quick and eazy to find. sorry if this is wrong just wanted to say thanks

yunafan11
01-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Thanks for sharing that. Although I already seen it, but oh well. Thanks. lol.

order_of_the_shadow
01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
call me stupid, but answer if u will... is this console or on-line

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM

Console. Its on the PS2. Which I don't understand since they have been delaying it, wait until the PS3 comes out.

*~Endless Night~*
01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
wooot thats great thank yooouuu!! cant wait for this!

yunafan11 - its the same with Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess. I believe that theyre doing it beacuse ofthen the last couple of games on a console tend to fade out so theyre kinda hoping to go out with a bang if that makes sense. AlsoI believe (Although I may be wrong here, just what I've read) that TP althoug for the gamecube will also have some features which can only be accessed on the revolution so perhaps that may be the case wit this too, some special features only available on ps3? that would be kool if that was the case...

moogle maniac
01-27-2006, 10:10 PM
yay thankyou for the information im really excited now. he he the moogles look even cuter than ever

Avenging Soul23
02-09-2006, 11:13 PM
hey thanks for the info!!

Holy Lancer
02-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Looks like a good game! I'm buying it the day it comes out.

Human Devil
03-12-2006, 12:04 AM
i heard that its coming out this year at least but the gameplay can be like ffx-2 or.. original at least thats what i heard:rolleyes2

Awesomeman
03-12-2006, 01:21 AM
The gameplay, at least what I've played, is nothing like X-2. Don't compare that "game" to XII please.

Dreddz
03-12-2006, 02:14 AM
FFXII's gameplay isnt original, just different from what we have seen in an RPG, it would be shown more in a MMORPG.

goku
03-25-2006, 08:35 PM
:choc2: FINAL FANTASY 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whens it gonna come out in europe and is it gonna be like final fantasy 10? if it is gonna be like that it will be wikid because final fantasy 10 was totally awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D oh and could some people add me to there buddy list because im new to this website and it would be cool to have someone to chat to personally :D thnx bye :choc2:

Mirage
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Let's keep attacking FFX-2 out of this thread.

One of those developers apparently said they were aiming for a release in both PAL and NTSC territories around thanksgiving.

Console. Its on the PS2. Which I don't understand since they have been delaying it, wait until the PS3 comes out.

Sony hadn't even made their PS3 developement kits when S-E started developing FFXII. They can't just wait years for something they don't even know when is going to be ready. Another thing is that FFXII has already been released in Japan, while they are still waiting for the PS3 to launch.

"Console or on-line" is a bad way to put it, by the way. FFXI was on a console (and the PC), and online too!

Crackshot
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi, i looked everywhere for info about FFSXII, but still have a few questions, mayby u guys know something more than me...
1. is there a date for the release in europe?
2. will FFSXII also be available on computer (or even xbox) when it first release in europe?

XxSephirothxX
04-06-2006, 04:02 AM
1) I'm pretty sure no European release date has been released yet.
2) No and no.

Crackshot
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
...ok thx
to bad :( i only have a computer and an xbox, so no final fantasy for me... but why did they make 7-8-9 on computer but no 10 or 12?

Vivisteiner
04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
They might make it on computer, but definately some time after the PS2 release date.

Crackshot
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
hmm.. well, the creators of final fantasy joined microsoft some time ago(thats what i read). so i thought, why not a xbox version or so.

crazybayman
04-07-2006, 12:10 PM
hmm.. well, the creators of final fantasy joined microsoft some time ago(thats what i read). so i thought, why not a xbox version or so.
I don't think they joined......however, I'm pretty sure FFXI is being released on the Xbox 360

localflick
05-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Whoa! FFXI is coming out on the 360? When was that announced?

Khaotic
05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't think they joined......however, I'm pretty sure FFXI is being released on the Xbox 360
Where did you read that?

LunarWeaver
05-24-2006, 03:15 PM
FFXI is already out on the 360 I believe... Gamespot only gave it like a 6 something though x_X

And Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy, did indeed make Mistwalker and joined Microsoft to make RPGs for them. But I don't really miss him much. What was the last thing he actually did besides being an executive producer (which means getting paid to say "OK")... The Spirits Within? Eh... I'll live with just Kitase and Nomura and Amano and company. But Mistwalker and Square don't have anything to do with each other so I wouldn't expect another Final Fantasy besides XI to make an appearance on the 360, though I suppose Squeenix could decide to and it could always happen...

Uematsu is doing music for Mistwalker's first 360 game though...He left my FFXII for that?! *Assassination*

Vivisteiner
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
FFXI is already out on the 360 I believe... Gamespot only gave it like a 6 something though x_X

Yup http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/finalfantasyxi

Khaotic
05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Ahh my bad, I read it as XII since this is an XII thread, my bad.

The Knights of the Round
08-11-2006, 05:14 AM
i pre ordered this. man i cant wait till it comes out. i think it will be good. something different and new but still the its FF

James16
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanx for the info Necre. Looks like its going to be a Fawkin Bad game!!
I know where my money is going.....

But 1 more question...when is it going to be realsed in America???

Don't double post, use the edit/delete button instead if you wish to add to your post.

~Void

RiseToFall
10-12-2006, 05:21 PM
But 1 more question...when is it going to be realsed in America???

If you would just look at the thread right below this one, all your questions will be answered.

PATRIHE2001
10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Can someone tell me if ff XII is a sequal to XI or not

Zeromus_X
10-15-2006, 08:31 AM
It is not.

Serpentarius
11-11-2006, 06:36 AM
King Philip, u are correct my friend. correct indeed.