PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Extensions? Nah Internet Explorer!

Baloki
01-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Thats right folks, you can now install Extensions and Add-ons for Internet Explorer, one less reason to be a Red Panda eh :)

http://windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=63

Update now for the best effects, also remember the massive security holes in IE have just had patches released so update now :p

Dr.K
01-15-2005, 12:16 AM
So it's adviseable going back to I.E.?

Jojee
01-15-2005, 12:22 AM
No, just get Firefox. Then you wouldn't need to install the extensions and add ons ^^

Necronopticous
01-15-2005, 12:25 AM
I use Internet Explorer and look at me, I'm beautiful.

Jojee
01-15-2005, 12:29 AM
I use Firefox and I think we can agree that I'm more beautiful. In fact, I'm the most beautiful person ever ;)

Necronopticous
01-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I guess you're right :'(

escobert
01-15-2005, 01:12 AM
No I am :p Jeeze

Yamaneko
01-15-2005, 01:15 AM
While we're at it let's go back to living in caves and resume cracking each other's skulls open to feast upon the gooey contents inside.

escobert
01-15-2005, 01:16 AM
What you don't dp that yams? I use FF and will forever :p

Dingo Jellybean
01-15-2005, 01:17 AM
You can just use Slimbrowser. It's been out for years and it's a shell of IE.

Psychotic
01-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm the hottest and most sock-wearingest person in the universe and I use IE because I don't listen to "TEH FIREFOX AM TEH L337 I AM TEH KEWL 4 USIN IT!!!1111!!" propaganda. :)

DMKA
01-15-2005, 01:50 AM
No Windows XP for me. :(

ZeZipster
01-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Only nerds have computers.

You freaking losers.

mike without a hat
01-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Any of you firefox buffs? cause ive got a problem
my firefox doesnt work :eek: i can download and install everything(tried several times) fine but when i go to start it up nothing happens, i just click on the icons but nothing starts :mad2:
so i am forced to use little ol' regular mozilla :mad:
but at least i dont have to use ie :cool:

radyk05
01-15-2005, 04:19 AM
i use ie and i am cool for that. indeed.

Lindy
01-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Will you shut up about the whole firefox/IE argument thing.

You can't call people idiots for using IE, and you can't instantly claim superiority for using Firefox.

I've used both, and I MUCH prefer IE, and I don't get popups, or spyware, or viruses, or ANYTHING like that.

Why do people get that? Because they go to dodgy freaking sites and it's their own damn fault. Firefox or IE, it's not going to make any difference if you're going to look at www.omgseriouslydodgyandobviouslydangerousstuff.com

Just drop the whole argument and superiority complex JUST because you use a browser that isn't made by Microsoft. You don't see Opera users going on about how much better their browser is than IE, or Mozilla users.

Dingo Jellybean
01-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Will you shut up about the whole firefox/IE argument thing.

You can't call people idiots for using IE, and you can't instantly claim superiority for using Firefox.

I've used both, and I MUCH prefer IE, and I don't get popups, or spyware, or viruses, or ANYTHING like that.

Why do people get that? Because they go to dodgy freaking sites and it's their own damn fault. Firefox or IE, it's not going to make any difference if you're going to look at www.omgseriouslydodgyandobviouslydangerousstuff.com

Just drop the whole argument and superiority complex JUST because you use a browser that isn't made by Microsoft. You don't see Opera users going on about how much better their browser is than IE, or Mozilla users.

I don't know who you're talking to, but I do agree with your setiments...just not to that kind of degree.

The main reason why IE has so many holes is not because it's a poor implementation, it's because it's a target of many hackers because of its popularity. If Firefox was more popular than IE, then hackers would turn their attention to Firefox rather than IE. The more hackers there are, and the more various attempts they try to hack IE, the more likely they are to succeed just based on pure statistics.

So yeah, this whole "OMG, I have Firefox U dunt so U suck" is kinda ridiculous...and no, I'm not taking shots at anyone. :-)

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Thats okay. I don't update http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif. I use service pack 1 because service pack 2 pisses me off at work. I don't use fire fox because that might involve me doing something...and I do not care. The only problems I have had from spyware is my stupidity in going to a few Warez sites and downloading files off of KaZaa every now and then.

If people need a browser like Fire Fox to protect them from spy ware and viruses then they have a 95% chance of being a complete diphttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif when it comes to browsing the net.

If you like tabs and mouse gestures then where the hell have you been. This isn't something new.

Xander
01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
I have to completely agree with Lindsey on this one. It's getting old and boring now. Oh and Psychotic. Except I have more socks than him. ^_^

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 02:35 PM
And such low prices on the IE plugins that are actually useful. Too bad firefox plugins are free.

What a surprise, IE loses again.

EDIT: *adds counter-rant*
Oh, and all you hemorrhoidy people? If you're so cranky about browser threads, stop :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing reading them! It's not like any of these threads are misleadingly labelled. Try actually using your brain and not being drawn to stuff that annoys you like flies to :skull::skull::skull::skull: You don't see me going down to the Rockin' Rodeo every night and complain that they play too much country music. I do not like country music, therefore I do not go to the Rodeo. It's the kind of logic that a six-year-old is capable of. If you're capable of so eloquently whinging about what other people choose to discuss, then you should have the minimum cranial capacity to not read threads that do not interest you.

Rye
01-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm seriously gonna count how many IE/Firefox threads there have been and by the end of 2005, I'm gonna post a thread saying how many there were and how this is just sad to make arguements about.

EDIT: Wow, I counted about 14 so far. Still countin'

Baloki
01-15-2005, 03:01 PM
The threads actually more to get you to go and download secuirty updates as they've finally been released, I just mentioned firefox to annoy people :p

Lindy
01-15-2005, 03:16 PM
And such low prices on the IE plugins that are actually useful. Too bad firefox plugins are free.

What a surprise, IE loses again.

EDIT: *adds counter-rant*
Oh, and all you hemorrhoidy people? If you're so cranky about browser threads, stop :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing reading them! It's not like any of these threads are misleadingly labelled. Try actually using your brain and not being drawn to stuff that annoys you like flies to :skull::skull::skull::skull: You don't see me going down to the Rockin' Rodeo every night and complain that they play too much country music. I do not like country music, therefore I do not go to the Rodeo. It's the kind of logic that a six-year-old is capable of. If you're capable of so eloquently whinging about what other people choose to discuss, then you should have the minimum cranial capacity to not read threads that do not interest you.
Actually, more often than not, a lot of threads that have little to do with firefox get hijacked by it, usually I avoid it, but sometimes there's no way since people just seem to LOVE to complain about IE and how Firefox is n times superior, where n is the size of the ego of the person complaining.

I looked at this thread because I was quite curious about new stuff for IE, and LO AND BEHOLD, people complaining about IE and how Firefox is superior.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 04:32 PM
The threads actually more to get you to go and download secuirty updates as they've finally been released, I just mentioned firefox to annoy people :p

But those "security updates" require Service Pack 2, which likes to randomly disable your NIC for no reason and say you have "Limited or no connectivity available" in order to make you panic because oh god no! you're not using a static IP. Static IPs are for servers, whereas 90% of the computers in the world -- especially those running Windows XP -- are client machines which are generally configured by default, if not required, to use a dynamic IP.

Windows ME may be a turd, but Service Pack 2 is a triple skoiler with a dairy queen swirl

I looked at this thread because I was quite curious about new stuff for IE, and LO AND BEHOLD, people complaining about IE and how Firefox is superior.

It's a browser thread. If somebody makes a thread about Kazaa, I'd mention all of the viruses and spyware that you get from it and suggest superior alternatives, such as DC++.

EDIT: And it has Firefox right in the thread title. What were you expecting, a discussion on Emmanuel Kant?

Jojee
01-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Haha you people are so silly ^_^ I'm amused because Lindy and co. got so riled up over... what? As far as I can tell, there were little to no comments about how Firefox is n times superior to anything in the thread. Most of it is just a bunch of spam saying "I'm beautiful." Any comments about Firefox were made because Baloki put it in the title and in the thread and gee, he made the thread :p

PS, I have more socks than you and your mom, Psy XD

Xander
01-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, I ain't riled, and I'm sure it doesn't particularly "rile" Lindsey either, but we're just stating our opinion too?

And anyway, I have more socks than ANY OF YOU, so there.

Baloki
01-15-2005, 05:23 PM
But those "security updates" require Service Pack 2, which likes to randomly disable your NIC for no reason and say you have "Limited or no connectivity available" in order to make you panic because oh god no! you're not using a static IP. Static IPs are for servers, whereas 90% of the computers in the world -- especially those running Windows XP -- are client machines which are generally configured by default, if not required, to use a dynamic IP.

Windows ME may be a turd, but Service Pack 2 is a triple skoiler with a dairy queen swirl

It's a browser thread. If somebody makes a thread about Kazaa, I'd mention all of the viruses and spyware that you get from it and suggest superior alternatives, such as DC++.

:cry:

Jojee
01-15-2005, 06:01 PM
I dunno, Xander, he seemed pretty angry to me :p

And I have prettier socks. And more gloves.

PS yeah does anyone have any idea what Bleysies just said? ;) I have an NIC, too...

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 06:04 PM
The important part is the bit about the triple skoiler with a dairy queen swirl, which I believe is quite easy to understand even for the typical computer user with their PEBKAC errors and forgotten passwords.

I dunno, Xander, he seemed pretty angry to me :p

I am the one who is grouchy and cantankerous today. Hangover + bad day at work = crabby, crabby tech support lackey

Mindflare
01-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Damned PEBKAC errors...

Service Pack 2 is nice if you deal with wireless connections. *shrug*

At least there are a bunch of addons for IE that the standard user won't download and use and still wonder why their computer runs like maple syrup.

Xander
01-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Well I have cuter socks. And better gloves. Anyway I am grouchy today too, I'll stop going off topic now. Meh.

Dr Unne
01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Is there an extension for IE that makes it stop sucking?

Also http://secunia.com/advisories/12889/

Lindy
01-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Haha you people are so silly ^_^ I'm amused because Lindy and co. got so riled up over... what? As far as I can tell, there were little to no comments about how Firefox is n times superior to anything in the thread. Most of it is just a bunch of spam saying "I'm beautiful." Any comments about Firefox were made because Baloki put it in the title and in the thread and gee, he made the thread :p

PS, I have more socks than you and your mom, Psy XD
It was Yams' ("While we're at it let's go back to living in caves and resume cracking each other's skulls open to feast upon the gooey contents inside") comment actually, that'd just gone beyond trying to explain why Firefox is superior to just plain out stating you're an idiot if you use IE.

Psychotic
01-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Xander ban Jojo please. For making up lies about socks. Sock-lying is a serious offence on EoFF, and she has committed it by saying she had lots of socks. :)

Leeza
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Damned PEBKAC errors...

Service Pack 2 is nice if you deal with wireless connections. *shrug*
It is? I'm constantly getting disconnected.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Sounds like PEBKAC to me :)

Lionx
01-16-2005, 01:36 AM
I dont know, its just theres so many extensions...see just to have extensions to make things good already feels its broken...extensions are add-ons that shouldnt be needed to function properly, just little bit of flare...having it to run properly just doesnt sound right to me.

Baloki
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
You don't need them to run properly, they were just a nice feature I saw at http://www.windowsupdate.com while I was waiting.