PDA

View Full Version : meh.

Denmark
01-15-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm going away this weekend. The purpose: helping my grandparents move.

The problem: they live in Pennsylvania (a 5-hour drive). Plus this will take away any hopes I had of doing anything.

But I have to do it because it's my grandparents and stuff.

So what I ask of you is this: have you ever been made to do something that you really didn't want to do but you knew you should do? What was the situation? What sacrifices did you have to make? What were the consequences?

krissy
01-15-2005, 03:36 AM
With great power comes great responsibility.

Jojee
01-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Last time I checked Denny didn't have any great power. =|

When I was younger my parents made me eat veggies.

Psychotic
01-15-2005, 03:47 AM
Last time I checked Denny didn't have any great power.He is the Earl of Western Missouri, I'll have you know.

Anyway...I hate visiting my grandparents as it's boring and all that happens is that I sit somewhere being ignored while my parents talk to them, but I go anyway as it supposedly makes them happy.

Denmark
01-15-2005, 03:48 AM

this must be changed >:O

Awrini
01-15-2005, 03:50 AM

this must be changed >:O

Naw, you can stay powerless forever...

Dingo Jellybean
01-15-2005, 03:54 AM
With great power comes great responsibility.

Yeah, black power!

Anyways, I've always been "forced" to do things like this. But eh. I don't like it anymore than you do, I just hope what goes around actually does come around.

Denmark
01-15-2005, 03:57 AM
Naw, you can stay powerless forever...

>:O *smites with divine power*

take THAT you!

fire_of_avalon
01-15-2005, 04:06 AM
I will answer your questions.

Yes. It's too detailed to go into. I gave up school and any semblance of a social life. Consequences are the same as above.

nik0tine
01-15-2005, 04:06 AM
I once had to repair the floor in my uncles trailer... I still think that it was a major injustice done to me.

Yamaneko
01-15-2005, 04:19 AM
I once had to get up off the computer chair to throw away the trash, but I didn't want to, so I didn't.

DMKA
01-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Yeah, black power!
What the hell?

have you ever been made to do something that you really didn't want to do but you knew you should do? Yes.

What was the situation? I was selected to attend the Oklahoma American Legion Boys State, which the school did NOT ask my permission before signing me up for it. If you were signed up and didn't show up, you had to pay the American Legion people however much it cost for the week you stay there, because they feed you, and give you a bunch of crap, and it's all free. Because of this, I had to go, and my mom made me because she wasn't about to pay for that.

What sacrifices did you have to make? I had to give up a week of my summer.

What were the consequences? The whole week was just a completely akward and uncomfortable experience. It was like, they were completely trying to brainwash us, and it worked on all but myself an 2 other guys in our group. Plus, the whole time they incorporated the Bible into it, and it was a federally funded program, which was just odd, and unconstitutional. Along with all the prayers that were held, there was also a guy who liked to get up and talk about how evil Mexicans are trying to take over the United States. All in all, it was just really, really bad, and there were some real assholes there, but I managed to endure it.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-15-2005, 04:26 AM
meh.

Rye
01-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Yes. My parents made me get my comfirmation done (some Catholic thing) even though I really couldn't have cared less. The church was mean and not only made me have to go to classes for YEARS, but I had to do many hours of community service and take some stupid oral and written test. So I had to work at the local library for about 2 hours a week, but it was so boring. :(

Enoki
01-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I hate going to funerals for people i dont know.

Xander
01-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I do things I don't want to do a lot of the time, generally because I'm trying to keep people happy or because I'm just not assertive enough not to.