PDA

View Full Version : Mosh pits

Carnage
01-15-2005, 06:06 AM
OMFG i just got back from a show. i moshed mega time!

WHo loves to mosh?

krissy
01-15-2005, 06:09 AM
i like to watch moshers
so funnyt

kikimm
01-15-2005, 06:11 AM
I'm too claustrophobic for it, so it's not an enjoyable experience for me. :grover:

Yeah, I know, I'm no fun.

:D

Carnage
01-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Mega moshing :lol:

i am not in my right mind to be posting now but im just gonna wait for my PM from shlup and leave.

to much adrenaline

theundeadhero
01-15-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't really like getting beat up because other people think it's fun.

TheAbominatrix
01-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Depends on what kind of mosh pit it is. If it's people running back and forth and bodyslamming eachother, no. If it's a circle pit with good people (people that will help you up when you fall, unlike a-holes at major concerts), yes. I pit everytime I go to a punk show.

boris no no
01-15-2005, 03:59 PM
last time i went into a mosh pit i got kicked in the face and my glasses broke... :cry:
i used to love being in them but now i'm too fragile! i'd die!! plsu i'm really scared i'll get pulled under and get stomped on!
thats why i've got seats when i go and see rammstein. plus i really don't want to be set on fire like the last time they were in the uk!

Dr.K
01-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Moshing is cool most of the time - apart from, as mentioned, some people who seem to forget they're at a concert and turn it into some kind of new edition of the Bloodsport series. I also invested in a pair of capped boots after the second last gig i went to, as some horse jumped on my foot.

gokufusionss1
01-15-2005, 04:58 PM
i've retired from moshing as i'm now twenty one and jumping up and down in trousers and a jumper with a bunch of 16 years olds in goth gear make me look like the loser that i am.

Chaos
01-15-2005, 10:22 PM
You mean the grem pop-punk 'moshing' where you jump up and down from the moment the song starts to the moment the song ends?

Or traditional moshing?

Better yet - HxC moshing. Now theres a sight. I love watching that, it cracks me up half the time. I'm tempted to jump in and start <s>acting like an idiot</s> moshing.

I inadvertantly find my way into any pit. I saw Walls of Jericho once and was right on the edge, so kept getting pulled in. Mwa.

People always think I'm starting pits. I was just happily skanking along to capdown when these big guys just joined me and started a full blown pit with me in the middle. I couldn't fight my way out so I just held out in the middle giving as good as I got. They gave me thumbs up at the end, which was nice.....at least they were polite about hitting me. ;)

Chaos

FightClubFan#47
01-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I think it would be Hilarios if there was a moshpit at a christian concert...

TheAbominatrix
01-15-2005, 11:25 PM
There ARE moshpits at Christian concerts. I got my worst injuries at a Christian punk concert, because there were so many people in the pit. I fell and sort of spun around so my head hit a railing, and someone's knee came up and hit me in the nose, so my head hurt and I was bleeding. Of course everyone helped me out. Punk pits (REAL punk pits) arent about hurting eachother seriously. Just about having fun.

Chaos
01-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Atchally there are.
There was a rather nice one at a Further Seems Forever gig.

Also, go to any Christian hardcore band and there'll be one. Batillion of Saints et al. (I think they are Christian HxC although I could be mistaken. :p)

Love thy neighbour in thy pit.

Chaos

Calliope
01-16-2005, 04:57 AM
Much love to the Coldplay Mosh Pit <3

Mindflare
01-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Doesn't make much sense to me, so no. I like to sit down and enjoy music as music. I guess I don't prefer the right kind of music for moshing.

Edit: I got an advertisement for armor at the top of this thread. XD

Pheesh
01-16-2005, 06:19 AM
The best mosh pit is a tool mosh pit. The music is too good to just ignore it and smack someone. I mean you can still get trampled but it's nothing to bad. WHEN IN DOUBT....TOOL IT OUT.

peace out and :rock:
EE

Dingo Jellybean
01-16-2005, 06:35 AM
I never liked Mosh Pits. You'd have to watch your wallet and your genitals.

I like watching it, but not participating in it. I'm probably too skinny to really be moshing anyways, though I do drink my milk.

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 06:53 AM
The best mosh pit is a tool mosh pit. The music is too good to just ignore it and smack someone. I mean you can still get trampled but it's nothing to bad. WHEN IN DOUBT....TOOL IT OUT.I COMPLETELY disagree with this. At the Tool concert I went to, sitting back and letting the music mesmerize me was an awesome experience. It definatly brought about a different state of mind.

Skogs
01-16-2005, 08:02 AM
"Shut up, calm down and listen to the :love::love::love::love:ing band!" :mad2:

As you can guess, I'm not a fan of mosh pits.

SomethingBig
01-16-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't really like getting beat up because other people think it's fun.

"Shut up, calm down and listen to the :love::love::love::love:ing band!" :mad2:

As you can guess, I'm not a fan of mosh pits.

Pheesh
01-16-2005, 08:10 AM
I COMPLETELY disagree with this. At the Tool concert I went to, sitting back and letting the music mesmerize me was an awesome experience. It definatly brought about a different state of mind.

I didn't say you can't do that i was just stating that they are better than most slipknot-smash the hell out of another person- mosh pits. You went to a tool concert...i have a new found respect for you. Whats your favourite song? do you like bill hicks? oops....i should shut-up.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 08:45 AM
You went to a tool concert...i have a new found respect for you. Whats your favourite song? do you like bill hicks? oops....i should shut-up.Naming a favorite Tool song is like naming a favorite pair of socks. It just can't be done. The funniest would have to be Die Eier Von Satan. Nothing like a angry German guy going over the recipe for cookies. I also saw A Perfect Circle when they opened for NIN. I didn't mosh there either. The only concerts I can think of that I moshed in would be:
Any ICP concert because you have to be up front if you want to be soaked in Faygo.
A Marilyn Mason concert for a few minutes.
When the Casualtys played at Warped Tour.
When Flogging Molly played at Warped Tour since we consider jumping up and down moshing in this thread.

The worst would of had to been at the ICP concert in St. Louis. They had to stay away from the city for a few years and then when they came back it was chaos. I went with a bunch of girls and even they were getting beat up. I tried to help but I was too skinny and just got thrown aside the whole time.

The only concert I've been to where nobody was moshing was an Alice Cooper concert a little over 3 years ago. I think me and my friend were the youngest people there at 18.

Resha
01-16-2005, 08:52 AM
*This will sound stupid. :) *

What is a mosh pit? What is moshing? It sounds very violent. :)

Rusty
01-16-2005, 01:18 PM
I think it would be Hilarios if there was a moshpit at a christian concert...

Like others have said there are moshpits at Christian concerts!

It's fun to mosh :) Although it can get really hot and sweaty.

Carnage
01-16-2005, 02:27 PM
You cant appreciate a good metal song till you mosh to it. i cant stand heavy death metal http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif unless im moshing to it.

*This will sound stupid. :) *

What is a mosh pit? What is moshing? It sounds very violent. :)

basically a big group where everyone beats the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif out of each other. Mosh pits arent always really violent sometimes its just a bunch o people bumping into each other.

Pure Strife
01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Moshpits were constantly opening behind me at Funeral For A Friend when The Haunted were playing opener, I got knocked a few times but it was fun.

I got the crap knocked out of me at a CKY show, but that was cause the entire freaking crowd was moving and jumping inot each other.

Lindy
01-16-2005, 05:05 PM
While I've been to a number of bands that are sort-of hardcore, and pretty damn energetic, like Hell Is For Heroes and Hundred Reasons (who people actually moshed to HARDER than to Thrice, a very much hardcore support band), the most INSANE people are at Feeder concerts.

Feeder don't have a single violent word to say in any of their songs, or even sound violent, but the fans are just insane, it's wonderful.

TheAbominatrix
01-17-2005, 01:19 AM
CKY pits are rather brutal. I prefer to stay up front and make faces at Ginsberg. The first CKY show I went to, some punk guy and I tried to organize a circle pit, because those are less 'running full speed' into other people and more fun. We got it done, partially.

I'd love to see Hell is for Heroes.

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 01:37 AM
When I got home tonight there were black people outside my barracks moshing to rap music. I was confused, so I went inside.

Shlup
01-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Crowded and loud places kinda freak me out. I don't like to pit.

nik0tine
01-17-2005, 04:34 AM
OMFG i just got back from a show. i moshed mega time!
Way to show off... :rolleyes2

Much love to the Coldplay Mosh Pit <3

Pregnant women shouldn't be moshing...

I like to mosh yeah, but I don't like to get injured and whatnot. If I feel like im just gonna get my ass kicked by a bunch of asshole skinheads than I usually just stay away. I cannot STAND the big macho guys who stand in the middle and push people around, or the pussies who stand on the sides and push people around, but are to afraid to get in themselves. I hate to break it to you, asshole, but you are NOT a badass!

I mosh, but I try to pay more attention to the band while I am doing so. Im too small to get in there and start pushing people around so I pretty much just have fun getting pushed around. Overall, it's alot of fun.

Samuraid
01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
The idea of moshing is not a very good one IMHO. Count me in with the "just listen to the music" crowd.

Clouded Sky
01-17-2005, 08:17 PM
i went in a few pits in my day. i stopped when the lead singer of Project 86 landed on my head and severly sprained my neck.

beware of flying musicians...

Pure Strife
01-17-2005, 09:03 PM
CKY pits are rather brutal. I prefer to stay up front and make faces at Ginsberg. The first CKY show I went to, some punk guy and I tried to organize a circle pit, because those are less 'running full speed' into other people and more fun. We got it done, partially.

Someone else who's seen CKY :love: Sadly I've only seen them once, but next time they tour here I'm going to as many dates as possible.

As for HIFH, I'd love to see some of their earlier stuff live with moshing, but from what I've heard their new stuff could be a bit more stand there.

I'm seeing Megadeth in Febuary, I'm hoping to get the crap kicked out of me in a pit by some forty year old bikers.

Carnage
01-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Way to show off...

yea i was messed up that night. Im going to see joey belladona(anthrax) this friday so expect another one of these.

§håd0w
01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Heh, until anyone here has been in a mosh at a Slayer concert, don't talk. :)

Chaos
01-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Someone else who's seen CKY :love: Sadly I've only seen them once, but next time they tour here I'm going to as many dates as possible.

Egads, when I saw CKY down in Folkstone they had the WORST crowd ever!
I serioulsy reckon the average age was 14.

No-one did *anything*, they just stood there and chanted CKY CKY intermittantly. The band was on the stage! Why would you chant for them when they are infront of you??

That and they started bouncing up and down to '96 quite bitter beings' and all the more well known tracks from their new album. It was...horrible.
So much so that me and my friends just sat on the balcony as we couldn't bare to be part of that lame excuse for a crowd.

Chaos

Lindy
01-17-2005, 11:18 PM
They're fantastically freaking awesome, ALWAYS open with I Can Climb Mountains, playing it about twice as fast as the album version, really gets the crowd going.

Last show they peppered old favourites with stuff from the new album, which after I just checked, omg, out Feb 14th, damnit.

I think, since they're on a pretty no-name record label now, chances of them doing an American tour any time soon are pretty slim, I think I was lucky enough to find out they were doing a UK tour and snag them when I did, since there was next to nothing information about it.

Well, they may be on an unknown label, but they have their integrity, dignity, and at least they still have their fans, since people were lined up for...well, a damn long way outside the venue.