PDA

View Full Version : LiveJournal is down

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 06:44 AM
So post what you did today.

Dear diary: Today I went to work, had email chat with R&J, and talked to my friend Sarah for about three minutes. Then I went home and ate pizza and played Madden and Final Fantasy X. I watched some of the Dallas/San Antonio game, that Nowitski is pretty good but it wasn't enough.

RSL
01-15-2005, 06:53 AM
I went to work, then came home. I posted about speedos and then voice chatted with a bunch of insane EoFFers. Then I went to bed. Well, I'm going to bed.

Fuzakeru
01-15-2005, 06:56 AM
XD! I was JUST about to make this thread. ^_^-

1:53 AM - What you did today? -
Well tonight I -censored- then after that Myles totally -censored-!! Can you believe that?! I actually got up the courage to do that. ^_^- It made me really proud of myself. -censor some more here-
OMFG ROXOR TEH SOXOR AND !!!!11111@@2oneoneoneone PLZKTHNX!
-insert either a quiz of a picture of me or Myles here-
Cute, no da?!?!

-censored 3 and heif more paragraphs-

KTHNXBAI!

-=LadySt3ph=-

Music: Mindless Self Indulgence - Clarissa
Mood: :fplusty: Lusty

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Sorry this belongs in the Daily Grind forum

Oh wait.

m4tt
01-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Music: Mindless Self Indulgence - Clarissa

If you're so smart explain this clarissa! POW!

I went to work today and then came home. I played some Ragnarok Online then got sucked into a voice chat. I'm still in it. krissy is playing music and I am typing this.

Miriel
01-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Today I:

Dragged myself to my 8 AM writing class, came back to my dorm room, and slept until 3:00 PM.

Then I packed up my laundry and headed home for the weekend. After an hour and ten minutes on the freeway, I finally got home and met up with some dear friends at In-n-Out (which I hadn't eaten in two weeks and had missed dearly) and gossiped for 2 hours.

Afterwards we went over to my friend's house to watch videos of our last days in High School and cry and muse over the "good 'ol days."

Then I came home. And now I'm online. That is all.

Fuzakeru
01-15-2005, 07:16 AM
If you're so smart explain this clarissa! POW!
COME ON COME ON COME ON RIDE IT RIDE IT POW!!! :<3:

theundeadhero
01-15-2005, 07:20 AM
I beat FFVIII for a second time. I also ate lunch and checked out the new 8-bit theatre comic. Thats about it.

Jojee
01-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Woke up, did some people, married some people, did some more.. typical day. :rolleyes2

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Won $40!
Played a game against nine people tongiht, and smoked all of them.
It came down to me and Royce, I had about 16 dollars (read: credits) and royce had about 40,000, and I ended up beating him. It was quite spectacular.

I love poker!

LJ is all broked up. I'll post this later. The time right now is 3:41 am.
Poker? I hardly even knew 'er!

TheAbominatrix
01-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I went to the Getty today!

I saw lots of paintings and sculptures and furniture. It was very pretty. I also got glared at by many security guards. And I had a hot dog! A fun time was had by all!

Oh yeah and I have GreatestJournal! HAHAHAHA *goes and posts this in her journal*

:skull3:

Loony BoB
01-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I was just going to type "Our" into my LJ. But by the time it's back up the joke will already be old. :(

TheAbominatrix
01-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I was just going to type "Our" into my LJ. But by the time it's back up the joke will already be old. :(

Poor Daniel. Life is just unfair. You can come sleep on my floor and let me... :skull3:

Madonna
01-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Dear Journal,

Hi, it's me again. I am sorry that it seems as if I whine to you all the time, but sometimes, my complaints are valid. Take work, for example. People order "the turkey sub" all the time. We don't have one specific turkey sub. I don't know which kind of turkey sub they mean when they say "the". There is not a turkey sub that demands the title of "the". There isn't a turkey sub that stands so high above the others that I can differentiate it from the others if you refer to it as "the turkey sub". If they were regulars, yes, I could deduce what they meant if all they get is one sub, but no. Which sub?!? The Turkey Bacon Guacamole? The Turkey Ranch Swiss? Or could you mean the Oven-Roasted Turkey? Could it be the Turkey Lite?!? OR WAS THAT THE SMOKED TURKEY? EH, EH, EH?!? TELL ME! IT WASN'T THE ULTIMATE CLUB TURKEY THAT YOU MEANT, WAS IT?!?!?! MY GOD, BE SPECIFIC. >_<

...Plus, I don't know what size they wanted. -_-;;

Sorry for yelling,
Me

Rye
01-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I kinda just woke up, but I was going to post what a beautiful day it was outside and how it's a change from all the cloudiness. Also, the sky looked like blood red during sunset, it was really cool.

Also, I watched my The Village with my parents last night again, and they thought it was lame and bad. They just don't understand cinematic genius when they see it. :/

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Dear journal,

Got :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up on drugs and tried to swing from building to building like Spider-man. It did not work.

I am still :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up on drugs. Oh, well, time for work!

Baloki
01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I want to know which supervillian blew up their power supply :p

Rydia of Mist
01-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Today's going to be spiffy. I get to deposit that ninja-mailed $130 paycheck I forgot I was getting from Convergys, mail out a letter to Bank of Utah saying "Close that sucker down and send me the $60." (yay, more moolah), get a haircut, then hang out with Russ for the rest of the day.

Mmm, Russ. :D

Tonight, he said he's taking me out to dinner, then we're going to the Enosburg Opera House to watch a benefit concert my friend Kris organized for the Red Cross Tsunami Relief Fund. It shall be good, oh yes.

boris no no
01-15-2005, 03:17 PM
woke up at 8, fell back to sleep and wake up again til 9 meaning i only had half an hour to get ready for work
went to work. sucked big time. this annoying old lady kept asking me to get stuff down for her, i said i'd get one of the lads and she just went mental saying i was ignoring her....old people are crazy
went to the shops and bought some healthy cereal, says i can drop a dress size in two weeks....i hope so!!
caught the bus, listened to some david bowie
got home had a cheese and brown sauce sannie for lunch and now i'm writing this!!!
:D

Lindy
01-15-2005, 03:21 PM
My god, LJ is down, FINALLY the weight of all that angst crushed the servers.

m4tt
01-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Dear journal,

Got :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up on drugs and tried to swing from building to building like Spider-man. It did not work.

I am still :skull::skull::skull::skull:ed up on drugs. Oh, well, time for work!
Looks like you already failed on your "no swearing today" thing.

Kossage
01-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Poor LJ. :(

Anyway, I've continued reading 1984 by George Orwell for the Short Novels course and so far the book has been interesting. I've also checked what's been going on at the Gamer's Alliance (http://www.gamers-alliance.org), and I hope that we'll get the RP kickstarted as soon as Bleys and Raistlin do the things they need to do.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Looks like you already failed on your "no swearing today" thing.

Bugger, I forgot about that because LJ is down.

Faris
01-15-2005, 05:02 PM
My dad orderd me a web cam last night :D
But I owe him 40$ :(
I just heard that LJ was down. So, I'm going to post what I was going to post in LJ in this thread.

Song: Nature sounds; Stream, storm, and meadow
Mood: meh

Xander
01-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I was about to make this thread too. XD

Well I'm gonna write it like an LJ entry, because I felt like writing one, when it's down, meh.

"Today was okay. I went to work to get some extra money because me and Lindsey are going on holiday to Greece in June n___n! And I need to save up =X

This woman bought a book called "Angels and Demons", haha, Red Dwarf related things keep appearing to me at the moment..there's that whole thing about Saturn's moon...I'm sure Lister sings something about that. I'd ask in the red_dwarf community but unfortunately no LJ ;__;

Ooh, so close to finishing Minish Cap. I got all the kinstone fusions complete. Yay.

My friends just asked me if I wanted to go and watch videos, but I don't know...I can't be bothered to go out really. =/

And I'd write about how I'm feeling, but nah, because this is General Chat. ^_^"

MecaKane
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I just had some pizzas, they were good.

Rye
01-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Isn't it ironic that Livejournal is dead, but Deadjournal is still up and alive?

Baloki
01-15-2005, 06:57 PM
The other student halls is burning down, xD

SomethingBig
01-15-2005, 06:58 PM
The girl with the purple backpack pt. 11(?)

So I'm getting RE4 today. Man I own.

~Cheers

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Haha, I felt this itchy thing under my shirt, and it was a tag that said "remove before wearing"

(oops, I've already worn it and put it through the wash twice.)

inside was one of those little gizmos that they put on CDs and stuff to make the anti-shoplifting alarm go off.

Now, *surely* it's been deactivated, but I've seen them before where the deactivation is only keyed to go through once, or only at that store. I've frequently set off the alarms at other places after buying something at Future Shop. Secondly, putting it through the wash probably ruined it.

However, just in case it's still active, I can't wait to tape it to someone's jacket.

Erdrick Holmes
01-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I finally got back into the habit of playing Doom,, so while my boat is moving across the ocean on Suikoden IV I play Doom for awhile. I installed hacks to make the game sound like the Doom for PSX and N64, the spooky and errie music and sound effects made sleeping without a light on a challenge, but of course the glass of red wine I drank helped.

MecaKane
01-15-2005, 07:08 PM
*pushes comment button for Bley's's's entry*
One time I walked out of walmart with one of those on my shoelace, the alarm went off, and I had a bag from another store in the mall, too. But I never got stopped or anything. :O

*friends only entry*

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 07:28 PM
*friends only entry*

You have friends?

escobert
01-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Today I went to work at 6am. Then got out at 9 (just worked 3 hours of overtime) Went to my friend Bens where I've been all day. Just got home.

MecaKane
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
*friends only entry*
You have friends?
*Bleys exception group emo angsty post* :cry:

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
(@-@)b

Psychotic
01-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh goody, a replacement for my LJ!

Insert random and pointless thing that is totally awesome nethertheless and gains 458345830450485 comments here.

Yep, that oughta do it. :roll:

Logan
01-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Yesterday my sister forgot to pick me up at school. So I took late buses to my aunts house and watched Harold and Kumar and a Cinderella Story. And I ate five oatmeal cookies for dinner.

And today I slept in until noon, thanks to NyQuil.

:D

Rye
01-15-2005, 08:40 PM
*comments to Logan's entry*

How was Harold and Kumar? :o

Lindy
01-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Until someone posts a pointless meme about what kind of dictionary they are, then it's not a livejournal substitute.

Logan
01-15-2005, 08:45 PM
*replies to Rye's comment*

It was funny in a stupid way. I probably wouldn't watch it again. There were some funny parts, and some parts I thought were stupid. Like the cheetah part. I didn't like the cheetah.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 08:59 PM
My nose hairs are getting so long that they're mixing in with my mustache O_o

Female Ryuichi
01-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Baby sitting Davie is still being easy money, even if he was being a pain in the arse about going to bed. Got to watch the last espiode of little Britian in this current series, best one so far. It had the little guy in it again, which made it :love: . Then I watched the Bill Bailey part troll DVD until they came back. Easy money.

Aha! I have a photo of Phil (no, not Baloki. Quiet Psy-pie :love: ) I want to include in my art project because IT FITS THE THEME! OH YES! Got more photos, but since there's no LJ cut here, I'm just going to post some of the DA links instead:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14141512/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14141328/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14114348/

(There's also more, but since this is GC, you're not seeing it. Hahahaha you suck :love: )

Yamaneko
01-15-2005, 09:16 PM
More like <b>Jive</b>Journal. HAHAHA!!!

Cz
01-15-2005, 09:26 PM
This thread started out about sex and drugs, then degenerated into something far more sensible. Way to suck, guys. :rolleyes2

Oh, and I don't have a LiveJournal, so I'm not allowed to post about my day. Forum rules, y'know.

Psychotic
01-15-2005, 09:26 PM
More like <b>Jive</b>Journal. HAHAHA!!!LOL!111111!! URE SO FUNY "Yamaneko"!111!!1!! URE JOKEZ ALWAIZ MAEK ME LAF!!!!111!!!!1!!!!

Strider
01-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Did some errands earlier, and now I plan on watching NFL playoff action for the rest of the day. Life is good.

Citizen Bleys
01-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Work-related entry

OMG THE STUPIDITY!

the rest of this message was deleted by the staff as it was composed almost entirely of profanity, which LJ allows but EoFF does not

theundeadhero
01-15-2005, 11:29 PM
MOOD: Meloncholly

This being my last weekend in America, and yesterday being payday, I did what any other American would do. I went to the mall and spent ALL my money. I bought the new Sword of Truth book, Chainfire, and a English-Japanese dictionary to translate my copy of Xenogears perfect works in my free time overseas. I bought a lot of gameboy games too. I got FF DOS, KH COM, and Zelda Minish Cap. I also got the Nirvana box set :heart: and the Acid Bath CD, When the Kite String Pops. It's remastered so meh, but at least I finally found a copy.

My Dad will be here Tuesday to pick up some stuff I don't want to put in storage and take my truck home. To visit me too. I will be happy to see him but at the same time sad. It's the last step before I go to spend another year away.

Kossage
01-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Two friends of mine came by and we decided to play Red Alert a little. Too bad we didn't get it working properly with one of the computers even after we tried to configure everything we could and stuff. Oh well, after trying to get RA working for quite some time, we decided to watch a bit of King Arthur Director's Cut (it was nice to see the ice lake battle again) and some funny video clips and thus have a chance of doing at least something nice this evening. :)

Oh, Bleys, how's that Remon prologue progressing? :p

Leeza
01-15-2005, 11:48 PM
http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/Cat_Nap_III.jpg

fire_of_avalon
01-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh the argh-ony

Just found out that I have a cashier stop which prevents me from registering for the online class I was after. And I don't have the $200 some odd bucks to pay it before registration ends. So it looks like I get to spend the semester doing nothing school related and falling deeper and deeper and deeper still into the boredom and laziness that I'm sure a lot of students turned non-students feel. Hopefully I'll earn enough this summer to take a whole semester's worth of courses. Then again, Daddy may still be locked up. I've always liked to live my life by the minute, but I never really meant like this.

Still logging virtually no hours at work. Which is why I can't afford to pay the cashier stop. I need a better job, obviously, but where's there to work? Asheville is a very small city.

In better news, both Matt and I are coping well with him being in the UK for the semester. As long as I don't need anybody to whine too for the next five months, we should do wonderfully. Haha, I know, like that'll happen.

Someone send me some brownies!

Mood: Hopeful
Music: None- Silencio and the Quiet Quartet.

Yamaneko
01-16-2005, 12:09 AM
http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/Cat_Nap_III.jpg
Either that's a small bench or the cat is six feet long.

Kossage
01-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Aww. I love it when Leeza posts those cute cat pics. Thanks. :) *hug*

Anyway, now that my friends have left, I'm just chatting with some other friends in AIM and checking various forums, having a great time at the moment.

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 01:20 AM
the rest of this message was deleted by the staff as it was composed almost entirely of profanity, which LJ allows but EoFF does not
:banbleys

By now everyone should know not to take this seriously.

rubah
01-16-2005, 01:56 AM
Subject-- Band geekiness
mood: excited! :D
current music: Guns'n'Roses - Patience

(--lj-cut for length--)weeee, made all region. It was cold. tish, jodie, shanna, and dani made it too. Gonna be a busy next few months-- region clinic friday in fort smith, then all-state tryouts (in arkadelphia. I've never even BEEN there), then all-star honor band tryouts (we've hosted it at our school for two or three years now, and this year they're having a stupid *jr* basketball tournement that week so we can't:/ The first year I'd be able to tryout there too (10th-12th) but anyways. That's going to be in. . . Some small school that's slightly larger than us down around Hot Springs. I've never really been to Hot Springs either, but it'll be a school night probably so that's a no as well. Then hopefully I'll make all-star (haha, all-state. that's a funny thought. Not going to happen for *sure*:) I think I made all-region for some rather intense praying before I tried out. that and I needed friday off school) and then that clinic will be in april:D

I love region. I hope there's a good clinician. everyone besides tisha will be in my band, so I'll definitely have people to hang out with (it's been hard the last two years, tisha was in the sr high band, and shanna was in second band the first year I made it, then last year, katie was in the sr band, which was a whole school campus away across town) And the Holiday Inn we'll most likely be staying at is AWESOME. It's nine stories (which is a lot for arkansas buildings) with the convention center we perform at connected through the back:) The place has the usual amenities-- exercise room, pool, conference rooms. . . But it has a friggin' indoor waterfall and two glass elevators:D Half the traffic is kids trying to make it up to their floors (there's huge lines, and we can't use the stairs-_-) but the other half is people riding them for fun:D

Then, after dinner, we always walk around the mall, and hopefully Waldenbooks will have Sandman #4:D It's my tradition, to pick up the next one every time I'm there for region. They didn't have 2 when I was there last year, so my mom bought it and 3 when we went to visit my aunt in fayetteville for spring break.

Anyways, I hope there's an awesome director this year. Sometimes they're stiff old fogeys that don't have good taste in music. Tisha had an old chick that was all 'I like to start with a march. I also like to end with a march. They're not bad in a middle too' and she was all thinking 'so. . . I bet we're going to be playing a march.' But the two directors I've had were both guys. The first looked like a wild guy-- he had long sandy hair and was. . . eccentric for sure. He had us play a couple of less than awesome songs-- danny boy (played it way too many times now. . .) and Belle of Chicago wasn't all that cool, but it was sorta fun to play:) THe highlight for sure was Singapura Suite. It's by Jan Van der Roost, and he composed it for some festival a city in sinapore was having. It is so friggin' awesome. I remember the evening practice when the first chair girl (I was second chair) was sitting in front of the window, which was open because a hundred kids and instruments put out a lot of heat. and it was freezing cold outside, and you could see her breath@.@;

Anyways, last year, the director was a guy from Oklahoma. He was hilarious:D He also picked a couple of awesome songs-- Danse Macabre and Salvation is Created. Had a chimes part on the second and the first was just eerily fun to play.

Hmm, I need to save my black long sleeved shirt so I can wear my pending all-region shirt over it on friday. I told myself I'd get a short-sleeved one this year, and it's probably going to be friggin' cold.
(end cut)
Hmm, what colors look good with gold?

(man I'm long winded. remind me to post this when lj resurfaces)

Calliope
01-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Livejournal is sort of up now, but not really.

I've been handing out blank canvases lately.

I had a conversation that I've been putting off a lot.

The Gym was visited, and there was football.

Fuzakeru
01-16-2005, 02:36 AM
9:32 PM - Yay, to lazy to post on LJ since it's taking forever to load -

I almost past Sakura on Standard on StepMania!!! ^_^- To all you hardcore DDR people this is nothing but to me . . . this is indeed a proud moment. <3 <3 <3

NORI NORI NORI!! <3 <3 I just beat that one on standard. YUSH! -runs around happily-

Oh, and my friend Sty showed me a picture of a guy . . . neutering himself. O_o; I can't quite figure out if it's a real picture or not. It's disturbing. >_<

Will have to show Myles when he gets home. Meh.

Music: Mindless Self Indulgence - Molly / Your Problem Now
Mood: :rolleyes2 Frank teh goat is teh suxor.

Calliope
01-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Livejournal hates me, the Audrey Hepburn video I brought Abby from NZ is broken, and there is no more pizza.

Casey
01-16-2005, 07:22 AM
1/15/2005 Got Recruited.

So today was alright. I overslept tell 12pm, and woke with a slight head ache. Had to goto the National Guard Recruiters near Fred Myers, I took the Asvab practice test, and the minimum was 31 out of ? and I did horrible. I got like a 28! So I got myself signed up for Army National Guard. I have the form filled out and everything, all I need to do is get my highschool transcripts and a letter from my school, since Im 17 right now.

The MOS I picked are:
15G Aircraft Structual Repair
15N Avionic Mechanic
21K Plumber

I picked those, so I can use the skills I learn while in the National Guard and apply it to civilian jobs. Hopefully, get like a job @ boeing or somthing. Im also taking Highschool courses like, Aeronautics and going to next semester and next years auto shop.

Other then that I ran 2 miles, and it was cold outside, and slush was all over the track ground. It wasnt tiring at all, the only thing that pained me was my lungs. I need to continue training though, for bootcamp this summer. I have to stop lifting weights, and do alot of cardio and exercises like push ups,sit ups, chin ups, etc. I think my chest muscle near my heart is ok, Im done taking Ibuprofen and Methocarbamol.

so I have to:
-Study for Asvab test, going to take full Asvab, that will take 2 hours, in Port Orchard @ jan 25th.
-Have to start training more, like 5 days a week.
-Eat More Protein.
-Do that mythology homework slide due tuesday on Hindu Mythology

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

theundeadhero
01-16-2005, 07:42 AM
-Have to start training more, like 5 days a week.To pass your PT test you'll need a score of 60% in each event. That =
Run: 2 miles in 14 mintutes, some odd seconds. To get 100% is 12:59 or faster.
Sit-ups: In 2 minutes. 54. 100% is 84
Push-ups: In 2 minutes. 42. 100% is 71

Thats for the final physical fitness test at the end of AIT. In basic you only need 50%, which is slightly lower in all areas, but shoot for at leats 60% in basic anyway.

To train I recommend:

Mon/Wed/Fri

Lots of stretching. Warm yourself up and end with 100 jumping jacks before excercising. 2 minutes of non-stop pushups. 2 minutes of non-stop situps. 1 minute of push-ups. 1 minute of situps. 45 seconds of wide arm pushups (arms spread out as far as possible) 45 seconds of rocky situps. (While up, twist left, then right, touching elbows to knees before going down). 30 seconds of close hand pushups (form a diamond with your thumbs and pointy fingers). 30 seconds of crunches.(hold your legs up, bent at the knees to form a 45 degree angle. hands laced behind your head. Touch elbows to kness, hold a second, then go back down). 15 seconds pushup, 15 seconds situp, 15 seconds wide arm pushup, 15 seconds rocky siitups, 15 seconds close hand pushups, 15 seconds crunches. STRETCH BACK OUT AFTER THIS. Trust me, it will hurt.

Tues

Stretch. Set a steady pace and run for 3-4 miles. Stretch.

Thur

Stretch. Warm up with a slow run. Jog a block, sprint a block, repeat for 3-4 miles. Stretch.

Sat

Stretch. Walk 5 miles as fast as you can with a 30 pound backpack. Stretch.

Baloki
01-16-2005, 01:01 PM
:sing: Livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com) is finally back up :beer:

RSL
01-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Hooray! Guess there is no need for this anymore.

Loony BoB
01-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Not all the servers are back up. Mine isn't. :( *re-opens for now*

RSL
01-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Really? Ah...sorry about that.

Loony BoB
01-16-2005, 03:38 PM
No worries, you wouldn't have known unless you were on the server cluster that's still down :) According to LJ's status page (http://status.livejournal.org/), it will be around 10PM PST on Monday when everything goes back up completely... hopefully.