PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed this?

ArkBennett
01-15-2005, 08:32 AM
During a FF battle and one of your characters die, Summoning and Aeon will get the fallen member to get up and run away for the Summon animation.

Now this has caused me to say "Wtf, Then get up and fight loser!"
Has anyone noticed this or thought of this as completely stupid and should have a logical animation like there body flying somewhere into the unknown? (Which would have been humorous)

Not only that but after the Summon is defeated or disbanded the fallen member will come back and drop dead again.

Peek
01-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes, though instead of "Wtf"ing, I thought it was somewhat hilarious. Especially if they have auto-haste equipped, it is still in effect when the character is dead. I summon Anima after Tidus got KO'd, though he gets up, then off his knees, stands for a half-second, and sprints off screen. After Anima dies, he sprints back on screen, drops his sword and plays dead.

Funny, nice thread :)

rubah
01-15-2005, 11:20 PM
really they aren't dead, they're just knocked out, so I guess the other characters could've done a mini revive and the effort of getting out of the line of fire would've exhausted them back to knocked outness.

I think it's funny everytime they run out of the way, though.

It's also funny to have lulu do blitz ace. Going for rikku this time though. the dialog isn't nearly as fun as lulu's :/ especially at guadosalam.

Although she did say a lot more on the little things you ride on to macalania.

I think a better animation for getting out of the way would be to have character number one (or two if one is dead) drag the ko'ed character out of the way. of course if you're going to have two characters ko'ed, you might as well let the aeon stomp on them.

Pretty funny to watch tidus fly up into the air with the rock in ifrit's overdrive.

01-16-2005, 12:52 AM
yeah it was pretty funny. they just get up all of a sudden and run away.

Dking'squeen
01-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I have noticed that and was like
"If you can get your ass up to run away like a b!tch, then FIGHT M-N-Fer! FIGHT!"
and then when they fall back down, i just shake my head, saying, "You M-N-F-ing SOB..."

Zante
01-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I loved that. :D

DynasticJam
01-16-2005, 09:26 AM
It is pretty stupid, but still, it is a fantastic game! :D

kaine the dragoon
02-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes, though instead of "Wtf"ing, I thought it was somewhat hilarious. Especially if they have auto-haste equipped, it is still in effect when the character is dead. I summon Anima after Tidus got KO'd, though he gets up, then off his knees, stands for a half-second, and sprints off screen. After Anima dies, he sprints back on screen, drops his sword and plays dead.

Funny, nice thread :)

hahahahaha i never saw it!

Shoden
02-06-2005, 07:50 PM
i laughed so hard my ribs hurted seriously you see them go and say "oh $*%*" then you see em get up when a summon comes and your like wtf hes dead i saw him die

T-MaN
02-11-2005, 03:43 PM
LoL i wuz soo happy when i saw them get bak alive and run away when summoning an aeon ( cuz i thought they'd come bak alive after the aeon disappeared), but instead they came bak and dropped dead which really ticked me off :mad: . But wth, itz a great game never the less.

DMKA
02-11-2005, 03:50 PM
It's funny...sometimes they kinda get confused an run around for a few seconds depending on where you are...which is even more funny.

Is it just me or does Lulu take longer to get up from death and run off than anyone else?

T-MaN
02-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Could be the game cuz for me, it takes Auron longer to get up from death :confused:

rubah
02-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Heh, I was playing through one of the water cave bits in gagazet, and tidus got koed, and I thought it was spiff how he floated there unconscious.

Although you'd think he wouldn't be able to hold his breath, and would black out and really die like that.

BackRoomKid
02-12-2005, 07:08 AM
it gave me hope that if I die, I might be able to run out somewhere for no reason

DJZen
02-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Heh, I was playing through one of the water cave bits in gagazet, and tidus got koed, and I thought it was spiff how he floated there unconscious.

Although you'd think he wouldn't be able to hold his breath, and would black out and really die like that.

For me the real puzzler is why can Tidus, Rikku and Wakka all apparently hold their breaths underwater indefinitely? Can they BREATHE underwater?

Also, I'd like to again point out that you can't die in battle. You can only get KO'd.

*Dark~Chaos*
02-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Yay!!! maybe if i get attacked by sumone/sumthing i might get ko'd and then i can start back from my last save point and train summore :moose:

T-MaN
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
For me the real puzzler is why can Tidus, Rikku and Wakka all apparently hold their breaths underwater indefinitely? Can they BREATHE underwater?

Also, I'd like to again point out that you can't die in battle. You can only get KO'd.

Hey, in a Final Fantasy world almost anything goes. ;) They probably have sum ability that allows them to breathe under water. We think that's weird cuz' we are comparing them with our human selves which are different than the characters of FFX.Personally, I think their ability to breathe under water is cool :D:D:D

rubah
02-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Yuna had to practice in x-2 to be able to hold her breath though.

Which makes me think that they have superdeveloped lungs.

DJZen
02-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I was hoping for gills, personally.

ArkBennett
02-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Hey, The swimming thing is obvious. Gil. Notice how it does sound like gill? They eat the gil and Lulu thinks its nasty, Kimhari is scared of water, and Auron is to wasted by his unlimited drinking canteen to do it.

It as obvious as the hardened uranium covering the fences in GTA:VC and doesen't let you break them down.

Gotta think for once guys. :meditate:

YukiKiro
02-19-2005, 06:45 AM
it is funny, but the member should have simply faded, like the ffviii summons if you ask me.

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
02-24-2005, 12:07 PM

They have little breather things member at the beginnning of the game with the al bhed and they want tidus to work brother has some sort of thing in his hand and gives it to tidus so he can breathe under water!

MAGIC!!

Emily52
02-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't think that they breathe underwater, they can just hold their breath for a long period of time.

Kamrusepas
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Tidus and Wakka are blitzers, and blitz is played underwater so maybe they've trained for that...
And as for Rikku... She's an Al Bhed, they can come up with anything :)

rubah
02-25-2005, 12:47 AM
*points five(six now) posts up*

Pay attention to your bridge-to-the-sequel movies. Anyone can hold their breath if they practice long enough.

Ryth
02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
I thought it was weird too. Maybe they should have had the party member stay there or have a living one pick them up! That would've made sense!

Luc
02-26-2005, 05:19 AM
Haha, I didn't notice that. That's pretty funny though, I'll have to look next time when/if I ever play this game again.