PDA

View Full Version : Magic Urn !?!?(Help)

MohA
01-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I'm was kind of rushing through FFX and I just want to know what's the story with these Magic Urns!!! I tried giving them Elixers but it dosen't work all the time. Phenix down works sometime too!?! What's going on?? Can you actually kill them, or you just give them an item and expect something in return? I was thinking they were like those Orange balls in FFVII ( don't remember their name) where you give them an Elixer and then kill them to get lots of EXP!!! but they're not.
SO if I can defeat them can anyone tell me how? What's the main Objective behind these Magic Urns?

Thank you.

Zante
01-15-2005, 01:20 PM
You have to attack the eyes on the urn in the correct order. If you do this, you get some items.

MohA
01-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Is the order of attacking always the same or randomised? And can I actually kill it or I just get an Item?

Zante
01-15-2005, 01:53 PM
I never hit all eyes, so can't say if you can kill it. I think the order is random, but I'm not sure about that either.

J.D
01-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I Always Use Cure At The Beggining And They Give Me And Ether
I Always Flee After That :D

rubah
01-15-2005, 11:25 PM
they have like about 999999[9?] hp. on all the eyes.

I'd say killing them is more or less. . . not going to happen.

They don't like being mugged usually. Or all targeted at once. and I definitely wouldn't waste items on them.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2005, 11:32 PM
These Magic Urns are not like the ones in FFVI or FFVII. The ones in FFVI cast Life and Cure on your party then run away, leaving behind some Magic Points. The ones in FFVII require and Elixir in return for large amounts of EXP and AP. The ones in FFX are completely different. They do not require you to give them any items, so I advise you stop doing so right away. All you need to do is attack a single eye. If it is the right one then you will be rewarded with an item. If you are then you are free to attack another eye. If, however, you attack the wrong eye the little alien inside the pot will raise it's antenna, jump out of the pot and explode, usually reducing the party to critical health. Therefore it is recommended that you grab a couple of items and Flee. They cannot be defeated.

alexholker
01-16-2005, 05:29 AM
Just so you know - killing one with Zanmato doesn't get you anything at all (no AP, no gil, no items). Also, I'm not sure (it could just be bad luck on my part), but I have never been told I hit the right eye when using an attack that causes a status effect.

Alex

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 01:31 AM
you can actually kill one with Zanmato :confused: ?...i'm gonna try it :tongue: . n-e-ways, i wonder if that blue creature is like Pupu's cousin :D ?

rubah
02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
It always reminds me of a neopets Kacheek. from the top anyways. I remember it looking quite so cuddly outside the urn.

I'd bet zanmoto would just about be the only thing that could. Unless you used wakka's overdrives about ten times and happened to get the right eye EACH TIME.

they have like a billion minus 1 hp-_- per eye. I think. Lots of nines.

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 06:35 AM
i think Bahamut's Impulse attack may work as well :D .

alexholker
02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
i think Bahamut's Impulse attack may work as well :D .Nope, you'd use it the first time, doing 99,999 points of damage to each eye at most, then it would explode.

Kamrusepas
02-01-2005, 08:13 AM
You can get some serious AP from the urns if you know what to do.... ;)

Appless
02-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Doing what?

lufia
02-01-2005, 12:02 PM
man this test is too easy for me, you know what im saying? i take it on anyday. pfffth i even pass it when im sleeping. lol i just look at it and it dies. its just all in the skills you know. it is no match me. i am the alpha and the omega the begining and the end. catch my drift?

Appless
02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
What?

Kamrusepas
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
You gotta have special weapons for gaining AP with the Urn. Weapons with the abilities Triple AP, Overdrive-->AP and Triple Overdrive.

rubah
02-01-2005, 11:40 PM
It doesn't work when you have rather high mdef. I think it's a magic attack. if not than def.

You only get hit for about 100-400 damage then.

unless you're talking about using something besides stoic or comrade.

Ally I could see being useful, or even Loner or Daredevil. They never attack so you could just hit triangle all night long, but there's much better ways of getting AP.

Kamrusepas
02-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Loner is exactly what you need for this :)

rubah
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
don tonberry and king cactuar (or whatever his name is) strike me as being much more reliable.

Kamrusepas
02-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I know the Don Tonberry thing too, but the Magic Urn's a bit simpler.