PDA

View Full Version : FF7 battle arena

Ultimate99997
01-15-2005, 06:23 PM
The battle arena in ff7 where you have to fight 8 consecutive battles is so unfair when it causes you to incure status ailments. Can anyone help me with a strategy that gets you the most battle points, I would also like to know if there are anyways to cause more than 1 damage when you are miniturised.

Really really want omnislash for cloud!!!!!!!!!!!

redxiiii
01-15-2005, 07:04 PM
:D A good way to get more points is to equip a ribbon and get status ailments because then ,although your immune to these ailments it will add on to your score just equip your besst materia I think regen and haste work well as well as counter attack.
:confused: Not to sure about mini but i think you can only inflict 1 damage when your that size. :confused:

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Keep a variety of attacks on hand. For example, I always maker sure Cloud has Contain, KotR, 4X-Cut, and a full set of E.Skills on hand before I go in there. Keep your limit near max so that it can be a fail safe, but don't use it too early. Remember, limits can't be broken (though they can be weakened by weapon break or whatever).

Mini characters can still use magic attacks for regular damage.

DJZen
01-16-2005, 03:46 AM
You can cure bad status effects with Esuna and items, and you can Haste yourself if you get slowed.

Sepho
01-16-2005, 06:15 AM
You have to find a compromise somewhere. More damaging handicaps will obviously give you a tougher time, but they'll consequently reward you with more BP. Whenever I get a chance, I choose to "break" each different kind of materia individually - I usually get around 11,000 BP for it.

It makes it more difficult, but an Ultima Weapon-equipped Cloud and a healthy supply of elixirs (Can you say W-Item trick?) can be a big help.

UltimaLimit
01-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I have a kickass strategy that wins 99% of the time for the special battles, but it involves Omnislash and Mime and doesn't net you much in the way of BP. If you want that, I'll post it; for now, good luck, wear a ribbon, keep a variety of Enemy Skills and Summons and Magic on hand (also Deathblow and Counter). Make sure you have plenty of remedies and items that inflict damage (Grenades suck, get Right Arms or 8mm Cannons). If you happen to have anything like Cover or Cure paired with All, get rid of it. (Time + All is OK since it lets you use Slow/Stop All.)

Wear a Ribbon, heal as needed, and keep fighting. Make sure you have at least 100+GP beforehand, because it would really suck to almost have enough BP and then run out of GP.