PDA

View Full Version : Aeons

Ezme
01-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok mabey I'm missing something but why do you end up fighting aeons? the fayth "died" at the end of X and were allowed to rest so how did we end up with dark aeon bosses? I completed the game (67%) this afternoon and am a bit confused! Also was that aurons voice i heard when battling and things while in the farplane.....oh yeah...that makes sence.....farplane...auron.....what about braska and Jecht?

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 09:15 PM
i'm confused too.mabe someone found a way to bring them back (hint hint (yunalesca) but isn't she dead?) or is she unsent? :confused:

Ezme
01-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Didn't yuna send yunalesca after the battle (man i hated that battle)? A friend of mine recons it was just SE got bored and couldn't think of anything decent. I don't want to be as synical as him!

lulusgirl
01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
oh. well, i didn't finish x. mabe yunalesca foresaw that event, knew that she was going to die, ang put a spell on the aeons. :confused:

rubah
01-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Pyreflies.

They do a lot of stuff in x-2. Dark aeons would be a cinch.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2005, 12:17 AM
The Aeons pretty much brought themselves back in order to try to stop Shuyin's plot, but they were corrupted and ended up getting in Yuna's way.

As for those voices you hear during the final battles, they're the voices of Braska, Jecht, and Auron.

01-16-2005, 12:37 AM
how were they able to talk? through the pyreflies or something?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Sure, pyreflies. Pyreflies explain everything.

Seriously, though, that whole part of the game did take place on the Farplane, so there you go.

01-16-2005, 12:50 AM
oh yeah i forgot they were in the farplane.

Craig
01-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Another mystery solved by those crazy kids down at EoFF!

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 03:21 AM
are pyreflies SO magical that they have to do everything cool in the world? :mad2: :confused:

01-16-2005, 03:52 AM
you mean pyreflies bring us ice cream! holy crap! :eek:

Ezme
01-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Its a bit of a cop out though isnt it? Just to say pyrflies did everything and not explaining it. the only thing is that at the end of X you saw the pryflies come out of the fayths statues and go to the far plane. I didn't think they could get out, hence the thing in X about.....oh what was his name....seymours father even if he did have an unclean death.

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Its a bit of a cop out though isnt it? Just to say pyrflies did everything and not explaining it. the only thing is that at the end of X you saw the pryflies come out of the fayths statues and go to the far plane. I didn't think they could get out, hence the thing in X about.....oh what was his name....seymours father even if he did have an unclean death.

you mean jyscal? :confused:

Ezme
01-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, he tried to leave the farplane didn't he? But he couldn't and it was supposed to be a bad ohmen for the guado.

Shoden
01-16-2005, 10:13 PM
well in X that historian at the shoepuff says not much is known about Pyreflies

lulusgirl
01-16-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah, they could be building a place for homless children that need their help. :D

rubah
01-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Maechen tells us as much as isn't possible about them.

But we do know that they:

Attract fiends,
Make spheres,
Are joined by/with the fayth to make aeons,
Store memories,
Like moonlilies

So, with those five basic definitions of use, we can look at four and three specifically (and perhaps part of one?) to see where the evil aeons came from. Obviously the memory of the aeons got caught in pyreflies. Which is why most of them hang around places where their fayths were. (Of course you couldn't go to macalania or remiem temples, so shiva and the magus sisters and [anima?] were in the farplane when you jump into the hole. Ifrit, Ixion, Yojimbo, Bahamut, and valefor [I think?] were all in their proper places. You don't run into them in the same order (bahamut's obviously first, and you can do yojimbo whenever, more or less. Actually I think that's where I'm at in my game right now. . .)

So really, it's rather explained fairly well. Pyreflies yay!

oh, and the fayth were released in X because their summonings weren't needed anylonger. because you killed the guy doing the most of the summoning. go figure.

I was so disappointed when the only bit of auron in the whole game was in the last battle:/ I stopped fighting for a minute to go 'YEAH! AURON! FINALLY:DDDD' when I heard whatever it was he said.

*so* disappointed.

Anyways, yay pyreflies.

Ezme
01-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Yay! Auron! Yeah its a shame theres not more of him but I should think it would have been tacky if he came back. I mean he was unsent for the whole of X so for him to come back would have been even more ridiculus be like if they made a sequel to the 6th sence.